Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
My sister lived in Pompano and just recently moved to Plantation.....just like so many PRs...all heading to sunny Florida! I like the area...10 minutes from the beach...great place to visit from Nov-March!
Great! She finally found some work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 03:17 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
Huh?

Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
lol

Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,809,438 times
Benefits of gentrification in Wash Heights... Washington Heights Residents Without Power After Landlord Stops Paying Bill - DNAinfo.com New York

Old 12-05-2013, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 4,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Gentrification couldn't happen soon enough in Washington Heights. That is a beautiful area that has been over run by thugs, criminals and lazy people that do nothing but sit on their butts all day. There are too many beautiful areas in WH that are just too unsafe. About time.
lazy people?? just so you know we are talking about Washington heights not Harlem. There is nothing lazy about the Dominicans who live up there, you can go anywhere and you will see a vibrant business owned by a " DOMINICAN" they are one of the most hard working people you will ever meet. As far as crime according to the state records that part of Manhattan has one of the lowest crime rates in all of the five boroughs!! 95% of all the businesses up there are " DOMINICAN OWNED". I really think you have a bigger issue in your own life to attempt to portray this neighborhood as anything other than a bright and up and coming community in Manhattan or you could just be an angry out of towner from Kansas who is upset that he is rooming with 6 others just to get by. Either way get your facts straight and get that racist bone removed from your body, Thanks

Old 12-05-2013, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 4,434 times
Keep waiting because unlike any other Hispanic community in New York Dominicans reinvest in their neighborhoods i'm sure you know that by now. We work hard to keep our neighborhoods Hispanic as well as our businesses!! Every time you go out to eat up there or buy your groceries up there remember your contributing to OUR neighborhood so you can carve your little corner in Bennett or up in FT. Washington it won't matter because that's all you will ever get. This isn't Harlem we are not stupid nor getting pushed out of our own neighborhoods because we own the neighborhoods. maybe you can move to queens next??

Old 12-05-2013, 01:41 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regicide75 View Post
Keep waiting because unlike any other Hispanic community in New York Dominicans reinvest in their neighborhoods i'm sure you know that by now. We work hard to keep our neighborhoods Hispanic as well as our businesses!! Every time you go out to eat up there or buy your groceries up there remember your contributing to OUR neighborhood so you can carve your little corner in Bennett or up in FT. Washington it won't matter because that's all you will ever get. This isn't Harlem we are not stupid nor getting pushed out of our own neighborhoods because we own the neighborhoods. maybe you can move to queens next??
No "ownership" of neighborhoods have or will ever last.

That being said, go Washington Heights!

Old 12-05-2013, 02:01 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
Quote:
lazy people?? just so you know we are talking about Washington heights not Harlem. There is nothing lazy about the Dominicans who live up there, you can go anywhere and you will see a vibrant business owned by a " DOMINICAN" they are one of the most hard working people you will ever meet. As far as crime according to the state records that part of Manhattan has one of the lowest crime rates in all of the five boroughs!! 95% of all the businesses up there are " DOMINICAN OWNED". I really think you have a bigger issue in your own life to attempt to portray this neighborhood as anything other than a bright and up and coming community in Manhattan or you could just be an angry out of towner from Kansas who is upset that he is rooming with 6 others just to get by. Either way get your facts straight and get that racist bone removed from your body, Thanks
Yeah ok, whatever you say. Just as an FYI, I'm from NYC and have been living in NY since the early 80's. I don't live in a room with 6 other people. I live in a house which I own. And as far as crime, parts of the "Heights" are some of the most dangerous in the city. A white person has no business being up there at certain times of the day. I'll give WH credit though, It's much better than it was back in the crack epidemic days of the 80's and 90's but its got ways to go before you can call it "safe".

Don't get offended because I pointed out some facts. Instead, get your lazy a$$ off of that stoop and get a job. Encouraged your friends to do so too while you're at it.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:05 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Yeah ok, whatever you say. Just as an FYI, I'm from NYC and have been living in NY since the early 80's. I don't live in a room with 6 other people. I live in a house which I own. And as far as crime, parts of the "Heights" are some of the most dangerous in the city. A white person has no business being up there at certain times of the day. I'll give WH credit though, It's much better than it was back in the crack epidemic days of the 80's and 90's but its got ways to go before you can call it "safe".

Don't get offended because I pointed out some facts. Instead, get your lazy a$$ off of that stoop and get a job. Encouraged your friends to do so too while you're at it.
What part of the heights is amongst the most dangerous in the city? If your gonna say that be specific.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:20 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
While many of the shops are rented out by Dominicans, unfortunately most of the Landlords are not Dominican and they mostly care about the green. I'm already hearing from my mom who is frequently up there about how many of the stores she used to frequent are closing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City