Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2015, 03:50 PM

344 posts, read 606,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denco45 View Post
Then just do that and stop wondering y others are under NYPD because u don't own it.
I'm glad that I work for the NYPD now, it's such a great feeling. I can't wait to become a cop as well! This job will definitely keep busy while I wait. I'm trying my best in the academy, I don't want to screw up.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:45 PM

69 posts, read 105,962 times
The homework they give is all about the code. So u won't have any homework until u guys get to the codes... There is a lot in traffic, pple complaint abt the money some outsider will call u name and some other like this other guy like Dareios will think they r better (even though they are not). Just know what you are doing, let pple complaint and focus on ur goal.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
The homework they give is all about the code. So u won't have any homework until u guys get to the codes... There is a lot in traffic, pple complaint abt the money some outsider will call u name and some other like this other guy like Dareios will think they r better (even though they are not). Just know what you are doing, let pple complaint and focus on ur goal.
I know bro but I'm not worried about it. I just do what I gotta do. So we won't actually start learning about the code until a few weeks later? We're at the stage where we are supposed to have our official uniforms by next Monday. What comes after that?

Old 09-07-2015, 02:41 PM

Next thing is to get used to wearing that uniform. Lmao. Shoes must be shined everyday and uniform pressed.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Next thing is to get used to wearing that uniform. Lmao. Shoes must be shined everyday and uniform pressed.
That won't be a problem lmao! Did people have that issue while you were in the academy?

Old 09-07-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonBeatz View Post
That won't be a problem lmao! Did people have that issue while you were in the academy?
Some people forget their belt.. Some have wrinkled shirt or dirty collar (can be sweat or dot of blood due to shaving). Forget their watch... etc...

Old 09-08-2015, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Some people forget their belt.. Some have wrinkled shirt or dirty collar (can be sweat or dot of blood due to shaving). Forget their watch... etc...
Oh wow, they look for the smallest details lol.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:27 PM

8 posts, read 11,946 times
@syphonBeatz how is it going?
How is the academy treating you? Is it exciting from what I am reading
I see everything is strict.
Ugh I wish I had gotten that call ;I like strict jobs it's appears to be
interesting. I guess I have have to wait till next term. I hope your
having fun with the learning process.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyloveella1216 View Post
@syphonBeatz how is it going?
How is the academy treating you? Is it exciting from what I am reading
I see everything is strict.
Ugh I wish I had gotten that call ;I like strict jobs it's appears to be
interesting. I guess I have have to wait till next term. I hope your
having fun with the learning process.
The academy is going well so far! We are now in uniform, we got split into company's there's over 125 of us. For the first 2 weeks it was just different insurance companies that talk about their insurance, benefits etc plus the union as well come and talk to you. The instructors are strict but it's only for you're own good. As long as you follow directions then you should fine. As of now, we're learning different codes and it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Some people can't follow directions and they get in trouble, if you violate one of the rules (cellphone, uniform not looking neat etc) they take a deportment card away from you but I think that's only to scare you. We graduate in December so you should be in the next class!

Old 09-15-2015, 09:23 PM

327 posts, read 705,066 times
Traffic is two months training,two first weeks insurance companies visit the academy,union members also,nothing has to do with school safety officer or police officer,you gonna learn the codes and they not gonna teach you basic things you need to know when you walk on the streets,like self defense or cpr,because the only reason they want you is to bring money to the the city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City