Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 10:52 PM

69 posts, read 105,962 times

Advertisements

Learning and practicing codes in the academy is fun. Once you come out, it's a different story. Because you can't write all the odes you learn outside. The commands have their rules, they will tell you what codes not to write ever. Also it's not that easy to find d violations... Some days u will have to walk a lot and some others u won't have to. It all depend on where u r sent to and you experience and ability to detect violations. U can walk pass a vehicle because the meter is good and i can come and find a violation on the plate, registration, inspection, etc.... So U need to have the eye.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:57 PM

344 posts, read 606,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denco45 View Post
Learning and practicing codes in the academy is fun. Once you come out, it's a different story. Because you can't write all the odes you learn outside. The commands have their rules, they will tell you what codes not to write ever. Also it's not that easy to find d violations... Some days u will have to walk a lot and some others u won't have to. It all depend on where u r sent to and you experience and ability to detect violations. U can walk pass a vehicle because the meter is good and i can come and find a violation on the plate, registration, inspection, etc.... So U need to have the eye.
That's what we started to learn. What draws us to the vechile which is the sign and then we check if the registration, inspection, plate etc is expired. Hopefully I get sent to a good command. I keep hearing each command has different rules. I pay close attention in class cause I know it'll help me when I get out in the field.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphonbeatz View Post
that's what we started to learn. What draws us to the vechile which is the sign and then we check if the registration, inspection, plate etc is expired. Hopefully i get sent to a good command. I keep hearing each command has different rules. I pay close attention in class cause i know it'll help me when i get out in the field.
y

Old 10-05-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
You were right about them giving CDs for anything but I don't have any but i did get a card pulled for having a bit of dirt on the back of my shoe. In total they took 3 away from me one was late and the other was my hair not matching the top of my head :/ I'm trying my best not get a cd because I don't want to ruin my chances of becoming a P.O.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:52 PM

327 posts, read 705,066 times
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonBeatz View Post
You were right about them giving CDs for anything but I don't have any but i did get a card pulled for having a bit of dirt on the back of my shoe. In total they took 3 away from me one was late and the other was my hair not matching the top of my head :/ I'm trying my best not get a cd because I don't want to ruin my chances of becoming a P.O.
Two more and you will get your first cd,that means you probably going to bronx

Old 10-06-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareios View Post
Two more and you will get your first cd,that means you probably going to bronx
Ughhh you serious? :/ that would be to far. I live on Staten Island.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:56 PM

69 posts, read 105,962 times
Quote:
Two more and you will get your first cd,that means you probably going to Bronx
Lmao.... If u go to the Bronx u better exercise running and learn some martial art (Just kidding ).. But seriously, pple are crazy up there, if they try to fight cops, guess what they will do to an unarmed Traffic Agent who only have his radio. Lol
90% of those who went to the Bronx had CDs. I don't know if they did that on purpose, but that's what happened..

Old 10-06-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Lmao.... If u go to the Bronx u better exercise running and learn some martial art (Just kidding ).. But seriously, pple are crazy up there, if they try to fight cops, guess what they will do to an unarmed Traffic Agent who only have his radio. Lol
90% of those who went to the Bronx had CDs. I don't know if they did that on purpose, but that's what happened..
That sucks, i'm going to try to not get a card pulled. I really don't want to go to the Bronx.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:37 AM

327 posts, read 705,066 times
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphonbeatz View Post
that sucks, i'm going to try to not get a card pulled. I really don't want to go to the bronx.
whats up man,hows everyrhing?do you like so far?

Old 10-24-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
whats up man,hows everyrhing?do you like so far?
What's up bro? So far I love it. Just recently we got our official I.d's, we learned more codes, and this week we got a final. I passed the midterm so now it's on to the final lol! We also got to pick our commands but I know it's not guaranteed we will get any of them. We also filled out a sheet not to long ago where it says how long we driving I thought it would consider us to be motorized but it's not. I drive daily so I hope I can motorized lol. After the final we get to go outside to train on the machine and learn how to direct traffic also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City