Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2015, 08:23 PM

344 posts, read 606,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyloveella1216 View Post
Thanks @syphonBeatz I had a feeling it would be that way but I'm good and happy
it may be a blessing cause things are turning around here .happy your enjoying the academy and thanks for the info . may god bless you through it withno faults ... keep doing good and you will be able to see your progress at graduation time.
Thank you so far I'm loving the academy. The instructors are only strict because they want you to pass. It's all about discipline etc. I can't wait to graduate thats what's in looking forward to. All my classmates are friendly as well and so far I have no complaints. Just follow directions and you'll get through without a glitch.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:58 PM

69 posts, read 105,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonBeatz View Post
I can't wait to get on officially! Some people from my class resigned because they couldn't take he military style of teaching. This job isn't for everyone. It's becoming easy more and more each day though. Do you know anything about buying a 2nd pair of uniforms? I think we have to by the official traffic uniforms by next month.
It happen for every academy, pple quit.. Some pple will buy the uniforms (expensive ), graduate and quit in less than a month. Last lass they have this guy come in and, take measurements, make the uniform and bring it back for $700. Everything was included. Academy get more fun when it is closed to the end..

Old 09-21-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denco45 View Post
It happen for every academy, pple quit.. Some pple will buy the uniforms (expensive ), graduate and quit in less than a month. Last lass they have this guy come in and, take measurements, make the uniform and bring it back for $700. Everything was included. Academy get more fun when it is closed to the end..
Well I dont think its the graduation uniform yet but the blue shirts, We need to have them by October or at least the receipts as proof that we bought them. It's a shame that some people quit, they make it this far and realize it's not for them. So far, I'm loving and the learning the codes is easy, especially writing summons.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Well I dont think its the graduation uniform yet but the blue shirts, We need to have them by October or at least the receipts as proof that we bought them. It's a shame that some people quit, they make it this far and realize it's not for them. So far, I'm loving and the learning the codes is easy, especially writing summons.
They r talking abt the graduation uniform. Unless they change their habit this year. We got in March 31 and in June we had to bring proof that we have purchased the graduation uniform.by the end of the academy, u wont see the violations but codes instead.. :-)

Old 09-21-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
They r talking abt the graduation uniform. Unless they change their habit this year. We got in March 31 and in June we had to bring proof that we have purchased the graduation uniform.by the end of the academy, u wont see the violations but codes instead.. :-)
Yeah that was it! We have to bring proof! The codes that we learned so far are pretty easy lol how are the exams like?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:41 AM

The exam is easy.. The second exam is the trickier one... But the first is easy, u need to focus and not leave some stuffs out when u bubble in..

Old 09-24-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
The exam is easy.. The second exam is the trickier one... But the first is easy, u need to focus and not leave some stuffs out when u bubble in..
Yeah we learn new codes everyday and it's easy. How was intersection duty? Is directing traffic easy?

Old 09-25-2015, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Yeah we learn new codes everyday and it's easy. How was intersection duty? Is directing traffic easy?
The day u guys will do intersection, u will here many people saying that they like intersection better than writing summomses. But the thing is that it's just training. After u graduate and do real intersection for 10 hours, u will have a different idea about it. Lol It's fun but the standing can be painful.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
The day u guys will do intersection, u will here many people saying that they like intersection better than writing summomses. But the thing is that it's just training. After u graduate and do real intersection for 10 hours, u will have a different idea about it. Lol It's fun but the standing can be painful.
Haha really? So when some people do intersection on the real job, they will want to write summonses since it's easier? Lol! Writing summones is easy though, the codes aren't hard to learn and to know which violations to write.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:30 PM

327 posts, read 705,066 times
Default Hi

Quote:
Haha really? So when some people do intersection on the real job, they will want to write summonses since it's easier? Lol! Writing summones is easy though, the codes aren't hard to learn and to know which violations to write.
Tell me this after you graduate and after you start going write tickets by your self
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City