Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 04:29 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,015,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Some years ago, cops came to my job because of a complaint from a tenant. Cops did what they had to do and before they left an tenant wanted to know what happened and she called the lobby, "she asked do I know what happened", the officer who over heard the message said from the intercom said lady mind your #R$#$# business. It was such a big issue for, the lady who is friends with a member of the condo board asked to see the tapes and too see which officers cursed her out. She filed a complaint which went no where from what I heard and remember. . Another time I saw a white guy argue it out with a Black MTA worker, white guy with a Kazoo voiced was arrested by some Italian cop. IF anything maybe a wealthy person can complain to an lawyer and say a government worker violated his or her rights, but then again their is no guarantee that govt worker will get fired due to strong union protections which are in placed. Maybe the plantiff may get a small settlement by the city which a good portion will be taken away by the lawyer for fees. Most local people work in city government, the rich, the wealthy and the Transplants mostly work for private companies. If its misconduct like cops raping Transplant white women, then that's something to think about Thankfully the wealthy don't give me BS, it usually those who make 6 figure salaries that have entitlements and ego issues that will give BS.
The people at the top of the city administration are white, obviously, and these people do interact with those in the private sector. In fact, they go back and forth between the private sector and the government sector. Depending on the circumstance, a civil servant could indeed be fired or otherwise punished because of a complaint from the right person . That's what this whole thread is about dude, allegedly the whites in Battery Park complained with non white Parks Departments employees tried to enforce rules they didn't like, and they had them removed from working there.

As for most locals working in government, are you sure? A lot of local people work in retail and other private companies as well. At all levels. Ditto for fields like education and medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 04:29 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,822,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
On the contrary. Most people use "race" to hide their class-ist feelings and their implication in the class-based organization of our culture.
PRECISELY!

This "our kind" and "people of color" propaganda BS!

It is no doubt, in the face of self critizism and self realization, facing self! People rather pull people down to their level, rather than pull themselves up by facing, accepting and changing their own faults!!

That is why, among "people of color" there is a *culture* of excuses and NO acceptance of self fault. As if the existance of *racism* is going to save them/us.

Millenials, also, seem to suffer to a greater extent than previous generations a groupthink nee class mentality, which, again, I believe is at the heart of the bpc issue.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:39 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,475,142 times
The irony of painting swastikas and calling others "thugs" and "pigs" ...

Old 03-29-2013, 04:46 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,417,385 times
^ weird parrots right?

Old 03-29-2013, 06:45 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,941,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
PRECISELY!

Millenials, also, seem to suffer to a greater extent than previous generations a groupthink nee class mentality, which, again, I believe is at the heart of the bpc issue.
As an educator, I can attest that this is absolutely the case.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:53 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,073,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
PRECISELY!

This "our kind" and "people of color" propaganda BS!

It is no doubt, in the face of self critizism and self realization, facing self! People rather pull people down to their level, rather than pull themselves up by facing, accepting and changing their own faults!!

That is why, among "people of color" there is a *culture* of excuses and NO acceptance of self fault. As if the existance of *racism* is going to save them/us.

According to Bill Cosby, you are right. I agree about the millennials, even worse when some millennials who move to cities from Transplantopia.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:47 PM

14,188 posts, read 22,786,804 times
"Millennials" are far more susceptible to groupthink in general, especially compared to "Generation X." They also care much more about being liked.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,073,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
"Millennials" are far more susceptible to groupthink in general, especially compared to "Generation X." They also care much more about being liked.
From what, I read millenials are supposed to be more civic minded, but then again there is always Occupy Wall Street.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:38 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,105,548 times
these are the same folks who will call the cops the second they are robbed, harrassed, etc. i wouldn't pay these folks any attention. they talk a big talk but as soon as it gets physical that's when they run scared. they are probably intimidated by the dark skinned workers.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:20 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,558,922 times
What US has is called social apartheid and it will never change for YEARS to come despite having a bi-racial president. Generation Y may be more accepting, but they be damned before another minority supersedes them in status. DAMNED. You often see this in the workplace. For example:

None of the next NFL coaches selected were black.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see how hypocritical this nation is and in fact many immigrants that see the inequality here are disgusted by it. Well when in Rome right? Truth be told, many minorities could give a **** if they are being mistreated. It's not like whips and chains exist anymore. They just want to achieve success in life. The common issues minorities face are only the following:

Education
Health
Opportunity
Equal pay
Respect

Speaking of respect, its funny. It's like everyone wants A minority as a friend to prove to the world "I'm not racist." As soon as a minority takes your job, "who are you?" Hypocrites at their finest. The problem with Generation Y today is that they are ****ing racists in disguise. Like Shakespeare said, daggers in men's smiles. They want minorities to succeed, but at the same time they want minorities BENEATH them. Pure and simple no sugar coating. Screw all the stupid physiological debates, reports, essays. I'm talking about what goes on the real world and why only 3.8% of the fortune 500 companies are run by a Black, Indian, Asian, Mexican, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City