Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 01:02 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,960 times

Advertisements

Tolentine in the South Bronx, surely you jest!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 01:09 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Tolentine in the South Bronx, surely you jest!!!!!!
Yeah, that's old news. When you were growing up in the 50's and 60's the south Bronx was really anything below 149th ( correct me if im wrong). But by the 70's the blight and decay spread upwards. So by the late 70's, the unofficial border of the south Bronx became Fordham rd. University Heights proper (Burnside to Fordham) is south Bronx.....Tolentine as a result is technically south Bronx,

But we had arguments on this before. It's really just a matter of opinion. Just explaining to you why it's considered.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:18 PM

242 posts, read 926,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
I'll have to go by there. I work in Mott Haven. Soon, I'll be living in Mott Haven.

Tough hood, certainly. But there one danger you don't encounter there.

Dying of boredom, literally. Happens all the time on Long Island...Dung Vile-Land.
Yeah because theres soooooooo much goin on in that area

So many museums, parks, live music venues, colleges....

Old 01-20-2008, 01:23 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,960 times
SuperMario, thank you for explaining, I'm still on Sedgwick Ave. and when people ask me where in the Bronx I live I say the North Bronx.....in my mind Fordham Rd. is not the South Bronx.......just my own opinion.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:37 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,981 times
Jrock..why the criticism because Dedalus is choosing to live in Mott Haven? Why do you feel compelled to ridicule? YOU do not think it is worht living there..and as a result,...you don't. You don't like Mott Haven and now ridicule those that work or want to live there. Thanks for your wonderful contributions to the thread.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:43 PM

When someone ****s all over a nice a place to live, in favor of an area that marginal at best, i feel compelled. 99% of Long Island is nicer than Mott Haven. The guys a total wanker.

the only thing mott haven has going for it is proximity to manhattan. Besides that it seems to be a really desolate, ugly area. Theres one block that looks nice and then its right back to typical Bronx slums.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:53 PM

Lol....you seem to be compelled even if the name alone comes up. Maybe the guy is nuts..or maybe he is tired of the LI BS and wants to try the Mott Haven BS....

Your feelings toward Mott Haven, and most of the Bronx, are well known..we get it..you hate it and see no point in the place and it should be all blown up and started from scratch. We get it.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,159 times
Default Mott Haven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrock247 View Post
Yeah because theres soooooooo much goin on in that area

So many museums, parks, live music venues, colleges....
As a matter of fact JROCK sweety, there is a lot going on!! Art galleries, poetry readings, theatre, live music, community gardens and still even more in the works. Haven't you heard? It's now Downtown Bronx. (as the real estate prices and rents will tell ya).

Old 01-20-2008, 08:19 PM

lola..don't bother with that one....no matter what happens in Mott Haven..it will alwyas be the same to him.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Lol....you seem to be compelled even if the name alone comes up. Maybe the guy is nuts..or maybe he is tired of the LI BS and wants to try the Mott Haven BS....

Your feelings toward Mott Haven, and most of the Bronx, are well known..we get it..you hate it and see no point in the place and it should be all blown up and started from scratch. We get it.
Actually theres some nice places, its just Mott Haven isn't one of them. Theres alot of stuff in the works, most of which is probably gonna fall through as stock market money dries up for the next few years.

If the neighborhoods so great how come they keep closing daycare centers there? What about that guy that got shot by cops a few months ago who was selling hand grenades? Keep telling yourself its the next williamsburg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City