Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 10:04 AM

343 posts, read 1,025,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusOfRome View Post
Yes, 5 days per week!!!!!

I'm not trying to be rude, but a lot of areas resemble PALRSTINE and BEIRUT.
And a lot don't....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 10:06 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,304,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusOfRome View Post
Yes, 5 days per week!!!!!

I'm not trying to be rude, but a lot of areas resemble PALRSTINE and BEIRUT.
HA! Bronxites always have to include Riverdale when trying to show the Bronx as being a nice place that isn't overrun with crime. Pretty funny if you ask me because many people don't view Riverdale as being part of the Bronx since it isn't run down like most of the borough is. And before anyone goes yelling about my comments, if what I said isn't true, people wouldn't ask is Riverdale really part of the Bronx or say that it isn't. Geography is one thing and perception is another. Most of the Bronx is run down and poor and those are the facts, so it makes perfect sense for people to doubt or question Riverdale and other upscale neighborhoods being part of the Bronx.

Last edited by Grosvenor; 08-04-2013 at 10:17 AM..

Old 08-04-2013, 10:19 AM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
HA! Bronxites always have to include Riverdale when trying to show the Bronx as being a nice place that isn't overrun with crime. Pretty funny if you ask me because many people don't view Riverdale as being part of the Bronx since it isn't run down like most of the borough is. And before anyone goes yelling about my comments, if what I said isn't true, people wouldn't ask is Riverdale really part of the Bronx or say that it isn't. Geography is one thing and perception is another. Most of the Bronx is run down and poor and those are the facts, so it makes perfect sense for people to doubt or question Riverdale and other upscale neighborhoods being part of the Bronx.
You live in the Bronx, I agree. Almost no one asks if Riverdale is part of the Bronx.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:24 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Wow, do you think you could hijack any more threads with your same crap about Riverdale. Never mind, I'm sure the answer is yes.

Now back to the topic and hand, which is NOT "Riverdale is part of the Bronx, except I refuse to accept it."

Old 08-04-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You live in the Bronx, I agree. Almost no one asks if Riverdale is part of the Bronx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Wow, do you think you could hijack any more threads with your same crap about Riverdale. Never mind, I'm sure the answer is yes.

Now back to the topic and hand, which is NOT "Riverdale is part of the Bronx, except I refuse to accept it."
I'm not the one that posted pictures of Riverdale here. The only time Riverdale comes into play is when someone wants to paint an image of the Bronx that most neighborhoods DON'T have. Leave our neighborhood out of those hilarious threads trying to indicate that the entire borough is sooo nice and developed. We'd glady oblige to exclude ourseleves from these Bronx conversations. That's the real lie going on here. Use Country Club or some other Bronx neighborhood.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:35 AM

155 posts, read 259,050 times
Hmm.. Bronx itself isn't THAT bad.. It's just the residents in that borough that make it sound worse than it actually is. I would say it definitely needs some change in terms of construction and such, but that in itself is what makes Bronx.. the Bronx. I don't hate on the Bronx because I met some cool people there, and had some great food that I wasn't able to try elsewhere (not yet at least). I just try and appreciate most of the things I come across in life.. Haters can hate it for whatever reason, but I do think it needs some change as far as residents and demographics go

Old 08-04-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK04 View Post
Hmm.. Bronx itself isn't THAT bad.. It's just the residents in that borough that make it sound worse than it actually is. I would say it definitely needs some change in terms of construction and such, but that in itself is what makes Bronx.. the Bronx. I don't hate on the Bronx because I met some cool people there, and had some great food that I wasn't able to try elsewhere (not yet at least). I just try and appreciate most of the things I come across in life.. Haters can hate it for whatever reason, but I do think it needs some change as far as residents and demographics go
I agree that change is needed with the demographics before anyone can seriously see the borough as anything but one big ghetto, with a few "normal", safe neighborhoods.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:43 AM

343 posts, read 1,025,929 times
Quote:
I'm not the one that posted pictures of Riverdale here. The only time Riverdale comes into play is when someone wants to paint an image of the Bronx that most neighborhoods DON'T have. Leave our neighborhood out of those hilarious threads trying to indicate that the entire borough is sooo nice and developed. We'd glady oblige to exclude ourseleves from these Bronx conversations. That's the real lie going on here. Use Country Club or some other Bronx neighborhood.

UMM... no one posted "pics" of Riverdale here. There is 1 photo out of 40, of Riverdale, so where did this whole Riverdale conversation come from?

Old 08-04-2013, 10:47 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK04 View Post
Yeah, I agree with you. I would like to see the Boro make a turn for the better. The boro needs that bump that parts of downtrodden Brooklyn got or desolate parts of Queens got. 20 years ago Downtown brooklyn did not resemble anything what it looks like today. How did LIC look like 20 years ago? The Bronx needs construction of new hip buildings that do not set aside 30% of the apts for "Affordable Housing".

Old 08-04-2013, 10:51 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoros View Post
UMM... no one posted "pics" of Riverdale here. There is 1 photo out of 40, of Riverdale, so where did this whole Riverdale conversation come from?
It's like ENOUGH already about Riverdale. Recently every GD time anyone post a thread about the Bronx a certain person can't resist popping out the woodwork and hi-jacking the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City