Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:28 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,412,902 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I am 30 years old and currently live in Hoboken, NJ. I work in the financial district NYC. I'm over the party scene and clubbing etc. I was never really a drinker because I have almost 0 tolerance against that. I wonder where and how would be a perfect way to approach women around the city. They usually don't even make eye contact because they all seem like they're running late somewhere.

I think it would be nice to meet a nice decent girl who has similar likes. We can go walk around Manhattan and sit in the parks. Do things we haven't done previously. Hoboken is sucha party town where everyone is usually walking drunk after 9pm on a weekend. Um so back to meeting women in NYC. Any spots? Any tips? Any good way to approach them?

Any input would help

Have a nice day/night!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 01:00 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Not one of these again. All I have to say is be good looking, be attractive and don't be unattractive. Try walking around and playing with a ukulele, i know two guys who did this and always got numbers and lays. I have laid out an assessment on NYC women from down to earth and stuck up local women, to trendy careerist transplants women from the midwest.

There is also a thread like this already. I hope the mods can move this thread into the old thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-women-ny.html

Old 08-13-2013, 03:23 AM

123 posts, read 176,812 times
My thoughts exactly.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:51 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,866,342 times
Cisco_Kid - Why not approach women in your office? Also are you looking to get into a relationship or just have fun? You seem to have expectations from women but what can they expect from you in return (family, stability, etc.)?

Last edited by Forest_Hills_Daddy; 08-13-2013 at 05:08 AM..

Old 08-13-2013, 07:15 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Cisco_Kid - Why not approach women in your office? Also are you looking to get into a relationship or just have fun? You seem to have expectations from women but what can they expect from you in return (family, stability, etc.)?
Don't shyt where you eat!! Do not date in your office. THere are 8.2 million people in NYC surely you can find someone outside the work environment.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:55 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,452,327 times
Get a dog. Women will approach you with the pretext of asking about your dog (while your out walking him). At that point, the ice is already broken, the rest is up to you. This really does work.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:25 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
That's a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen, unless if he hits on her at happy hour after work! But my thoughts exactly. I think women will get scared or worried if a man talks about family and stability, she might flake. My best bet is for him to just to try and have fun. These days women don't want to hear stuff like family or stability, because one most women especially typical local NYC women make their own money and can provide for themselves. A man can flip burgers at mcdonalds all if she cares but just as long as he genuine, cute, honest, confident then its all fair game for women here. If your careerist type of guy, your going to have to go for a careerist type of women.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:28 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Search this question its been asked ALOT!

Old 08-13-2013, 11:59 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,866,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
That's a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen, unless if he hits on her at happy hour after work! But my thoughts exactly. I think women will get scared or worried if a man talks about family and stability, she might flake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Don't shyt where you eat!! Do not date in your office. THere are 8.2 million people in NYC surely you can find someone outside the work environment.
What I've noticed is that workplace women in their late 20s/early 30s take a somewhat veiled interest in male coworkers who look decent/professional, show an inclination to start a family and have accumulated a fair amount of assets (ie, saved for a downpayment in a good neighborhood). Something to the effect of - "I'm doing house hunting in Basking Ridge and Millburn..." - that often does the trick.

I was actually not suggesting that he approach women in the office, but rather he get the women in the office to approach him. On the other hand if he carries himself as someone who just wants to play around and have fun then few at work will want to hook up unless he is a smooth talker and can project himself to be very size-endowed "down there".

But I agree generally that there are other venues to meet women without resorting to the workplace, which can lead to complications to one's career.

Last edited by Forest_Hills_Daddy; 08-13-2013 at 12:13 PM..

Old 08-13-2013, 12:08 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Soul Cycle! It's a little expensive but so many people have been getting married all because they met in soul cycle. The girls are pretty fit too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City