Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:26 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spook617 View Post
Everywhere in ny? So far I only saw them playing drums around Union Square. Atleast they dont knock on my door and litter like Jehovah's Witnesses.
Sorry about the "litter." Some will read the material probably most wont. Hopefully you recycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Krishna is not Buddhist's term at all.
But buddhists are honouring Krishna, Jesus Christ, Muhammad and Moses equally very reverent.
I have yet to meet an unkind Buddhist at the door. Even ones who were formally Christian are easy going
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Hari Krishnas are about as annoying as Jews for Jesus, and Mormons, Scientologists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholics, Protestants, Jews and Muslims.

I feel all religions are equally nuts, and their adherents are organized borderline schizophrenics.

So why single out the Hari-Krishnas?

Old 08-26-2013, 08:13 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I feel all religious are equally nuts...organized psychoses.
Nuts in the sense that they are so convinced in the righteousness of their ideology, which by probability alone is overwhelmingly untrue considering how many religions there are and brachs thereof. But we did come from somewhere, why is there something when there should nothing? There is a god but the falacy is pretending to know exactly who he/she/it is

Old 08-26-2013, 08:15 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
I have yet to meet an unkind Buddhist
The Buddhist Monks Advocating Intolerance in Asia - TIME

Old 08-26-2013, 08:19 AM

181 posts, read 303,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
Has anybody else noticed lately those Buddhist monks or leaders with orange/brownish clothes giving out flyers on the streets of New York? I don't know whether they are trying to convert, proselytize or what is going on? It is quite annoying, ridiculous, Anti-Semitic and Anti-Christian.

Buddhists don't believe in God, and it is very insulting.
Freedom of religion

YOU have it

I have it

THEY have it

And besides, my motto is this

Live and let live.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:24 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Organised religion makes me want to thank God I'm an atheist.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:42 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
The want you to give them a donation for a pair of beads. I gave them a $1 once and made a peace sign and he said no $20 minimum. F peace !

Old 08-26-2013, 08:43 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Rep and I agree. Even though some religion goes to things of the past, I really think Zeus and Thor are pretty cool and awesome. I just I was talking to some one the other day that if it wasn't for the Greek King Alexander the Great and his conquest of Jerusalem over the Persians their would not be no Christianity years later. I had to show this guy relevant points on how Greeks believed in demi gods and how Greek kings and politicians claimed to be son of their gods, eventually brought this with them to conquered lands like Judea. As well as Hellenization of the Jews during antiquity created the perfect conditions of Mary, Joseph, Jesus and a new world religion that conquered both Greece, Rome and the rest of Europe and eventually the whole world. Hell even a million of New Yorkers wont have a Menorah to light on December thanks to the oppression by their Greek rulers 22 centuries ago!

Old 08-26-2013, 09:03 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post

Old 08-26-2013, 09:11 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,581,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook617 View Post
Everywhere in ny? So far I only saw them playing drums around Union Square. Atleast they dont knock on my door and litter like Jehovah's Witnesses.

I've also frequently seen them in Union Square. Can't say I've seen them anywhere else.

Saw a few young Mormons yesterday in Flushing trying to hand out flyers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City