Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 06:24 PM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
You call people for troll when the posts don't suite your taste.

I never ever seen any Christians or Jewish hand out any flyers on the streets or trying to convert people. No, Mormons and Jehovahs don't count... They are not Christians!
The "Jews for Jesus"--and as you know, I am well aware that you aren't really one of them but just affected this cute new persona in an attempt to disguise yourself since changing your screen name ten times hasn't worked--used to CONSTANTLY hand out their flyers at the World Trade Center. They have cartoons and little witty sayings and then invite you to a Messianic Church. They were always down in the PATH well--don't know where they went after the buildings fell.

But there definitely are other Christians who hand out tracts. I've known some who do.

I've never seen real Jews hand out tracts--they don't tend to proselytize and they aren't looking for converts. They did used to have that big truck that drove around the city blasting info about Moshiach, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 06:30 PM

Every time I look at those pictures of the bear I crack up.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:13 AM

259 posts, read 369,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've never seen real Jews hand out tracts--they don't tend to proselytize and they aren't looking for converts. They did used to have that big truck that drove around the city blasting info about Moshiach, though.
Jews don't proselytize (to non-Jews); this is true. Some Chabad members will reach out to other Jews, though. Some (men) are out in Union Square and they will ask certain people, "Are you Jewish?" before proceeding. They will be more visible over the next month or so because several major Jewish holidays are coming up.

I've seen a woman in the Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center last night approach certain women.

Some Christians will certainly attempt to proselytize; that's what missionaries do!

Quote:
Every time I look at those pictures of the bear I crack up.
I may have to borrow that bear.

Does anyone else find this comment from the OP disturbing?
Quote:
That's why First Amendment should be repealed or changed. This is not 18th century anymore.

Last edited by strawberryanise; 08-30-2013 at 08:26 AM..

Old 08-30-2013, 09:04 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,116,424 times
Repealing the First Amendment is definitely a non-starter.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryanise View Post

Jews don't proselytize (to non-Jews); this is true. Some Chabad members will reach out to other Jews, though. Some (men) are out in Union Square and they will ask certain people, "Are you Jewish?" before proceeding. They will be more visible over the next month or so because several major Jewish holidays are coming up.

I've seen a woman in the Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center last night approach certain women.

Some Christians will certainly attempt to proselytize; that's what missionaries do!

I may have to borrow that bear.

Does anyone else find this comment from the OP disturbing?
I don't take anything this OP says seriously. He's a long-time troll poster who has been here under a number of screen names--River Edge, JuliganO, Nunnor, OneLess, a few more that he abandoned when we called him out right away. He starts out on the NJ Forum and always makes his way to the Religion forum, especially on Judaism. He has two main areas of interest: The "blue laws" in northern New Jersey, and Jews. In most of his screen names, he comes across as an anti-semitic fundamentalist nutjob. In this latest incarnation, he is pretending to BE a Jew--a Jew who believes in Jesus but is not Christian. There's no such thing. He slips up enough contradicting himself that we know it's him and I get a kick out of calling him on it. Last time I did when he was JuliganO, he sent me a nasty DM telling me to keep my mouth shut.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:01 AM

259 posts, read 369,395 times
Quote:
I don't take anything this OP says seriously. He's a long-time troll poster who has been here under a number of screen names--River Edge, JuliganO, Nunnor, OneLess, a few more that he abandoned when we called him out right away.
Oh, I thought he was a different poster.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:19 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,884,502 times
Quote:
I don't take anything this OP says seriously. He's a long-time troll poster who has been here under a number of screen names--River Edge, JuliganO, Nunnor, OneLess, a few more that he abandoned when we called him out right away. He starts out on the NJ Forum and always makes his way to the Religion forum, especially on Judaism. He has two main areas of interest: The "blue laws" in northern New Jersey, and Jews. In most of his screen names, he comes across as an anti-semitic fundamentalist nutjob. In this latest incarnation, he is pretending to BE a Jew--a Jew who believes in Jesus but is not Christian. There's no such thing. He slips up enough contradicting himself that we know it's him and I get a kick out of calling him on it. Last time I did when he was JuliganO, he sent me a nasty DM telling me to keep my mouth shut.
Completely false and nonsense. You may confuse me with somebody else. Indeed, you may be a troll yourself creating many different usernames to bash peoples opinion.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:23 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,224,050 times
Quote:
Lol!! And to think, I wasted the bear pics on this nut.

Just for kicks though....OP, why won't you answer questions?

Old 08-31-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Completely false and nonsense. You may confuse me with somebody else. Indeed, you may be a troll yourself creating many different usernames to bash peoples opinion.
Oh yeah, that must be it. I'M the troll. Lol. And you and all your other names are identical strangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City