Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 07:42 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
You're f'n.................you're............you're joking right?
It's ok to take your meds you know. I won't tell anybody....

YEAH I like the D Blasio image. After years of feeling like a foreigner in my own city I appreciate the DIVERSITY of his family...at least visually. I think it's more genuine although somewhat tacky...but in a fun way. You think Sarah Palin's family is any better ?

By the way WHO IS LHOTA besides Guliani's colostomy bag ? What has he revealed about his personal life to the public that lets us see who he really is ? Nothing from what I've seen on TV. He did great with the hurricane sandy repairs but then what ?

I am excited that NYC has a kooky family like the D Blasios. It could get fun here again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 07:50 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
It's ok to take your meds you know. I won't tell anybody....
That is quite the pathetic attempt at using that little quip. That only works when someone is going on some verbose rant or spews something that doesn't make sense. Not for somebody showing bewilderment at, well, something bewildering.

Quote:
YEAH I like the D Blasio image. After years of feeling like a foreigner in my own city I appreciate the DIVERSITY of his family...at least visually. I think it's more genuine although somewhat tacky...but in a fun way. You think Sarah Palin's family is any better ?

By the way WHO IS LHOTA besides Guliani's colostomy bag ? What has he revealed about his personal life to the public that lets us see who he really is ? Nothing from what I've seen on TV. He did great with the hurricane sandy repairs but then what ?

I am excited that NYC has a kooky family like the D Blasios. It could get fun here again

I legitimately worry about society and humanity as a whole if this is how people vote for leaders of a city. I mean, I already knew that to be the case, but I still get taken aback when I see it sometimes...

Old 09-19-2013, 08:06 PM

5,119 posts, read 4,967,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I legitimately worry about society and humanity as a whole if this is how people vote for leaders of a city. I mean, I already knew that to be the case, but I still get taken aback when I see it sometimes...
Please enlighten us with your insights...I know little about both candidates so I am all ears

Old 09-19-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Please enlighten us with your insights...I know little about both candidates so I am all ears
How are you taking from my comment that I am able to school you on the intricacies of either of these guys? I don't particularly like what I've heard from either of them and most likely won't vote for either of them. I am simply pointing out how baffling it is to hear somebody say that they're excited about voting for a guy because his family looks quirky.

Last edited by availableusername; 09-19-2013 at 09:06 PM..

Old 09-20-2013, 07:45 PM

518 posts, read 825,713 times
The Lhota on display so far in this mayoral race has not lived up to his billing as a bombastic jerk who once refused a reporters request for a photo at Giuliani's City Hall with the finger and, while Chairman of the MTA, heatedly told a 77 year old fellow board member, a holocaust survivor, to "be a man". Crude bullies can get away with it at their offices or at board meetings but they learned at a very early age to be careful who they bring it to. It would appear to be a tricky thing for a bully to run a campaign based solely on the fear of sliding back to the 70's and not appear like a bully because even bullies don't like bullies. But not so hard with his new BFF, Bloomberg, running plays for him.
I'm voting for de Blasio because he's bigger.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi guy View Post
Because he's taller?

Old 09-20-2013, 10:09 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi guy View Post
The Lhota on display so far in this mayoral race has not lived up to his billing as a bombastic jerk who once refused a reporters request for a photo at Giuliani's City Hall with the finger and, while Chairman of the MTA, heatedly told a 77 year old fellow board member, a holocaust survivor, to "be a man". Crude bullies can get away with it at their offices or at board meetings but they learned at a very early age to be careful who they bring it to. It would appear to be a tricky thing for a bully to run a campaign based solely on the fear of sliding back to the 70's and not appear like a bully because even bullies don't like bullies. But not so hard with his new BFF, Bloomberg, running plays for him.
Bloomberg is neither thrilled about any candidate. Remember Lhota called Bloomberg an idiot. Bloomberg succesor was supposed to be Christine Quinn who was pro status quo.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:13 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,534 times
Available I hear you but you know this already. Alot of the public lacks knowledge about even the most basic things. They vote popularity or how someone looks or sounds. They vote a certain way cause their neighbor said so or that cool actor said so. Like I said in another thread, a basic understanding of the Constitution should be required in order to vote. A multiple choice test is fine, I don't care but you have to understand who will honor the document. They had a "man on the street" video somewhere, and a guy was walking around with a petition saying how Obama announced he wants to abolish the Bill of Rights sign this petition in support of Obama....people were more then happy to sign it. Most had no idea what the Bill of Rights even were and signed, but I'm sure a few of them were hoping this was true and signed as well. We are done as a country because the populace is asleep. This person voting for DeBlasio cause he has a diverse family and will make things interesting is a symptom of the cancer....

Old 09-20-2013, 10:24 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Available I hear you but you know this already. Alot of the public lacks knowledge about even the most basic things. They vote popularity or how someone looks or sounds. They vote a certain way cause their neighbor said so or that cool actor said so. Like I said in another thread, a basic understanding of the Constitution should be required in order to vote. A multiple choice test is fine, I don't care but you have to understand who will honor the document. They had a "man on the street" video somewhere, and a guy was walking around with a petition saying how Obama announced he wants to abolish the Bill of Rights sign this petition in support of Obama....people were more then happy to sign it. Most had no idea what the Bill of Rights even were and signed, but I'm sure a few of them were hoping this was true and signed as well. We are done as a country because the populace is asleep. This person voting for DeBlasio cause he has a diverse family and will make things interesting is a symptom of the cancer....
This is why in some socities especially during antiquity not every person was able to vote. Even today many do not understand the concept of vote and these folks go to the polls anyway and still collect welfare. I like Bill de Blasio and his message about income ineqality which gap has grown hugely in NYC in the past 12 years, however its going to take a generation to close the income gap here. Its not easy closing the income gap. Stuff like this dont happen over night and some voters dont realize this.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:15 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:

By the way WHO IS LHOTA besides Guliani's colostomy bag ?
He was head of the MTA and if that isn't reason enough to disqualify him from public office, NOTHING is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City