Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 06:40 PM

26 posts, read 23,963 times

Advertisements

On most occasions I drive in the city or catch a cab when I'm strapped for time. But today I had to make a quick stop to my downtown office which is conveniently right next to the Wall Street 2 line. A simple ride in this hell zone practically ruined my Saturday. From the disgusting smells of filth and urine, constant pan handlers to the obnoxious low class ghetto riders I don't know where to start. I felt like I could've been mugged any moment without anyone taking notice. This system is simply a cesspool for ghetto animals and health hazzards. As a property owner in this city am highly disgusted. Thoroughly washed my hands soon as I made it back to my condo. I have traveled all around the world and never seen a transit system so nasty, ghetto and dangerous.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:43 PM

195 posts, read 305,603 times
You should add this to the thread about NYC's subway being the worst in the world. While MTA holds culpability for the state of disrepair and filthiness of the subway, I don't think they are responsible for the cleanliness or classiness of their patrons.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:45 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,188,922 times
This raises the possibility of finding a seat next time I ride the subway about .000001%. Still, it's something. Thank you for not riding.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:45 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,699,946 times
Well have fun with your $5 cab ride up the block

Old 10-26-2013, 06:48 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,188,922 times
Wait, does this mean you don't wash your hands when you walk in the door usually? I always wash my hands when I get home, whether I've ridden the subway or not. There's filth and grime everywhere, including on money, on the pen you're given to sign credit card receipts, on door handles, etc.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:50 PM

9,252 posts, read 24,128,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDraper View Post
On most occasions I drive in the city or catch a cab when I'm strapped for time. But today I had to make a quick stop to my downtown office which is conveniently right next to the Wall Street 2 line. A simple ride in this hell zone practically ruined my Saturday. From the disgusting smells of filth and urine, constant pan handlers to the obnoxious low class ghetto riders I don't know where to start. I felt like I could've been mugged any moment without anyone taking notice. This system is simply a cesspool for ghetto animals and health hazzards. As a property owner in this city am highly disgusted. Thoroughly washed my hands soon as I made it back to my condo. I have traveled all around the world and never seen a transit system so nasty, ghetto and dangerous.
You should move out of NYC as soon as you can.It's obviously gotten to you.If you actually felt like you "could've been mugged any moment", while on the 2 train ,in lower Manhattan, during the day,you have a serious problem.Either that or you are a real drama queen.

I hope you realize that the crime rate on the streets of Manhattan is much higher than on the subways.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Wait, does this mean you don't wash your hands when you walk in the door usually? I always wash my hands when I get home, whether I've ridden the subway or not. There's filth and grime everywhere, including on money, on the pen you're given to sign credit card receipts, on door handles, etc.
I usually carry hand sanitizer, unfortunately forgot on the day I needed it most. I will gladly be enjoying my cab rides and luxury of my own car from now on. You're Welcome.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
You should move out of NYC as soon as you can.It's obviously gotten to you.If you actually felt like you "could've been mugged any moment", while on the 2 train ,in lower Manhattan, during the day,you have a serious problem.Either that or you are a real drama queen.
I started this hellish experience all the way uptown on 96th street.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:00 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,749,840 times
fear of muggings doesn't get to me. its the mice and rats on the platforms that gets to me. Fulton Street on the A is loaded with them.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:00 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,892,775 times
Go back to Miami. I heard Columbia U, Sloan Kettering and JP Morgan are dying to relocate there ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City