Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 05:02 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,317,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I left the North Bronx and NYC altogether. So the North Bronx is in my review mirror.
Good riddance. If there's one thing Bloomberg did right was get the constant complainers to flee the city like yourself.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:33 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Good riddance. If there's one thing Bloomberg did right was get the constant complainers to flee the city like yourself.
Don't worry be happy. More complainers who enjoyed Bloomberg version of NYC are going to leave. Actually I know of two people who were Quinn supports and very liberal wealthy, it did not ifLhota, Carrion or de Blasio wins none of these candidates does not have a similar vision as Bloomberg, only Quinn came close to it. For me it did not matter who won and happy that Quinn was defeated in the preliminaries. Both Lhota and de Blasio know whats wrong with Bloomberg NYC, hell even Lhota called Bloomberg an idiot which he is right about! With the election of de Blasio I hope some good comes out of it. In any election some people benefit and some people dont. Like capitalism some people benefit from and some people dont, the Democratic process some people benefit while others do not, its a dog eat dog system. If you dont like it I suggest you read mein Kempf and the communist manifesto and start a revolution some of the best books I ever read. Holy Batman, I should have never said that, the NSA is reading this forum! Nothing wrong with turning NYC into a 15th century Venice were the aristocracy ruled and the poor lived in the fringes of the low lying canals.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 11-06-2013 at 05:51 AM..

Old 11-06-2013, 05:41 AM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
...if you dont like it I suggest you read mein Kempf and the communist manifesto and start a revolution some of the best books I ever read.
The most prolific reader of those books just got elected mayor last night. Who needs a revolution when you have apathy?

Old 11-06-2013, 05:43 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,087 times
Good luck NYC...you're going to need it. As a Long Islander, I won't be traveling into the city for recreation anymore, now that the police will be powerless to protect people from crime. The city is going to go downhill, and it's going to go downhill fast. NYC will soon be talked about in the same breath as Chicago and Detroit.

At least you all voted for a nice man with a nice family. Becuase that was his only campaign point. I can't believe how easily people are swayed by a nice smile and a pretty family.

Good luck!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:54 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,907,340 times
We had a mayor for 12 yrs looking mainly after the interests of the wealthy while using Gestapo-like policing tactics to keep 'other' residents in check.

Last night election results show that NYC residents were long clamoring for a change in direction.

NYC will be just fine and the fear- mongerers will be proven wrong.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:00 AM

863 posts, read 1,129,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Enjoy the crime & return of dangerous subways...and lets not forget those squeegee men! Giuliani and Bloomberg made the city the desirable place it is today as you enjoyed ever increasing property values. But y'all forgot about that, now enjoy the mess you'll be dealing with the next 4 years!
LMAO I knew you'd chime in!

Old 11-06-2013, 06:29 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
But too late to stop me from voting for the anti Bloomberg candidate, de Blasio. The city will still be go in a new direction and I'm more than happy to have participated in that.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:30 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
We had a mayor for 12 yrs looking mainly after the interests of the wealthy while using Gestapo-like policing tactics to keep 'other' residents in check.

Last night election results show that NYC residents were long clamoring for a change in direction.

I totally agree. The true reason the white conservatives are upset is a candidate won election in NYC without appealing to the old school white conservative ethnics. De Blasio had an inclusive campaign, and they HATE that.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:35 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,729,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Good luck NYC...you're going to need it. As a Long Islander, I won't be traveling into the city for recreation anymore, now that the police will be powerless to protect people from crime. The city is going to go downhill, and it's going to go downhill fast. NYC will soon be talked about in the same breath as Chicago and Detroit.

At least you all voted for a nice man with a nice family. Becuase that was his only campaign point. I can't believe how easily people are swayed by a nice smile and a pretty family.

Good luck!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!

Please.... stay in your little suburban square mile of nothingness enjoying your mall and your warehouse club! The city doesn't need your presences; your suburban attitude; or the cab fare you spend from the parking garage to your venue and back to your parking garage! Stay on Lonk Islant; no need for you to come to NYC.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:43 AM

302 posts, read 368,896 times
Default Exactly !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post

NYC can now be for more than just the very rich ( hopefully ) and possibly we can get the services the people really want like manned subway stations , small business support , cops on the street doing more than ' stop and frisk ' and cronyism etc. .

BTW , Bloomberg and his predecessor WERE NOT responsible for reducing crime of the 80's in NYC like so many people tend to credit them with . It was going down nation wide , they were just in the right place at the right time .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City