Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 06:30 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,425,496 times

Advertisements

If the Curse of Chucky movie was any indication, it could be a Good Guy Doll, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 06:37 PM

257 posts, read 685,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
There's not much to "get". Unless it's specified, many packages do not require a signature and can be left at a door step/apartment door.

As a former UPS employee, I can tell you that they really don't care how much the house is worth that a package is destined for.

In fact, if the carrier did not leave a package at a door step, and no signature was required, there would be many upset customers. They had planned on simply picking it up from their front door when they got home, and then find out that they have to make a trip to the seventh level of hell, AKA the distribution center.

Haha, it's okay buddy, we're all friends here!
Whatever You say, former UPS employer. How the hell do you leave the package in front of the door? How do you get to the door? You got keys to all the buildings on your route? Yea, right. Or you just dump packages on a sidewalk? say on west 23rd between 8th and 9th? who cares, right? LOL I lived in non doormen blds for 11 yrs in Manhattan and I shop ALOT. Not once had I had package waiting for me at my door. Not from UPS, not from Fedex. Sometimes drivers would leave packages with Super but most of the time they would just leave a note and attempt another delivery.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:49 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,841,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha7 View Post
Whatever You say, former UPS employer. How the hell do you leave the package in front of the door? How do you get to the door? You got keys to all the buildings on your route? Yea, right. Or you just dump packages on a sidewalk? say on west 23rd between 8th and 9th? who cares, right? LOL I lived in non doormen blds for 11 yrs in Manhattan and I shop ALOT. Not once had I had package waiting for me at my door. Not from UPS, not from Fedex. Sometimes drivers would leave packages with Super but most of the time they would just leave a note and attempt another delivery.
Really? I lived in a non door man building for 3 years and they always left the packages near the mail boxes or sometimes at the door. Sometimes they would leave a note. I think it just depended on if someone buzzed them in or not.

Why are you so hostile about something as small as where a package is left?

Old 11-11-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Really? I lived in a non door man building for 3 years and they always left the packages near the mail boxes or sometimes at the door. Sometimes they would leave a note. I think it just depended on if someone buzzed them in or not.

Why are you so hostile about something as small as where a package is left?
Because I am a business owner. If my buyer files item not received dispute with their CC(and thats exactly what they can do if they find their package sitting by their door, mailbox, side walk, wherever) I am SOOL. And in any building I lived You need a key to get to the mailboxes. And I dont believe people are at home during the day to buzz UPS man in. people have jobs

Old 11-11-2013, 08:04 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,151,355 times
Quote:
Because I am a business owner. If my buyer files item not received dispute with their CC(and thats exactly what they can do if they find their package sitting by their door, mailbox, side walk, wherever) I am SOOL. And in any building I lived You need a key to get to the mailboxes. And I dont believe people are at home during the day to buzz UPS man in. people have jobs
9 times out of 10 the UPS man gets buzzed into our building. Plenty of people are home during the day. Some are retired, some are parents or nannies at home with small children, some are freelance writers and designers working from home, some work nights, and some are independently wealthy and don't have to work at all.

I actually want my packages to be leaned up against my door when I get home. I am thankful for all the above neighbors who are home and buzz the UPS driver in. I would stop ordering stuff online if I had to go to some UPS facility to pick everything up.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:46 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,520,181 times
Quote:
You're getting really worked up over package delivery policies

According to your second sentence of,
Quote:
If my buyer files item not received dispute with their CC(and thats exactly what they can do if they find their package sitting by their door, mailbox, side walk, wherever) I am SOOL,"
I can come home, pick my package up in front of my door, and still file a claim stating that it was never received? That's called fraud.

And yes, in most cases delivery guys have master access to the front lobby doors. How do you think the mail gets delivered every day?

Old 11-12-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
You're getting really worked up over package delivery policies

According to your second sentence of,

I can come home, pick my package up in front of my door, and still file a claim stating that it was never received? That's called fraud.

And yes, in most cases delivery guys have master access to the front lobby doors. How do you think the mail gets delivered every day?
Of course its fraud. And if UPS and Fedex are dumping packages unattended they should pay up. And they do. Master keys? You joking, right? UPS, DHL and Fedex drivers do NOT have access to Any front door lobby doors. Only USPS does

Old 11-12-2013, 09:32 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,246,798 times
Quote:
Of course its fraud. And if UPS and Fedex are dumping packages unattended they should pay up. And they do. Master keys? You joking, right? UPS, DHL and Fedex drivers do NOT have access to Any front door lobby doors. Only USPS does
I lived in manhattan for years and my drivers always left packages in front of my door and I lived on the 1st floor. It made me very happy to see packages against my door when I got home, so happy I would tip the driver $20 at Christmas time.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:44 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,248,531 times
Maybe someone is mailing weed in the dog's name LOL

Old 11-12-2013, 09:47 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,248,531 times
Quote:
I can't recall the last time I actually signed for a package. This isn't new so not sure what the issue is here. I've seen Fed Ex, UPS and the USPS trucks pull up to my house, run up the walkway, drop the box, ring the bell and before I even get the door open they're already in their truck and up the block. When I lived in my apartment building if no one was home they would try a neighbor otherwise they'd take the package back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City