Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 02:51 PM

655 posts, read 1,992,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
There are some cool historical sites in Woodhaven such as the oldest operating pub in the city, the house where A Tree Grows in Brooklyn was written, a homemade candy shop that has to be one of the oldest in the city as well, Dexter Park where Babe Ruth, Josh Gibson, DiMaggio, Hank Greenberg, etc...all played, a historical carousel, and the house Donald Trump's father was raised in.
That's where I went to Neir's. Next time I have to do my research better, maybe put notes into my phone for the other locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 02:59 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,321,216 times
Also when and if they develop the high line and SBS bus service through Woodhaven, that'll be a benefit to the neighborhood as well.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:20 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1979 View Post
I was in Highland Park last week and had never been to it. I was in Woodhaven for lunch and wanted to walk around especially when i realized how close to the Brooklyn-Queens border I was.
What'd you think of highland park? They had recently touched up the park a few years ago. I go there to play tennis and the public courts there are so much nicer than any other public park I've been to. And it's not from lack of playing. All the jamaicans in the area love tennis. But they definitely keep the entire park looking nice.

Did you notice any stark differences once you pass 75th into eldert lane and head into Brooklyn?

Old 07-15-2015, 06:31 PM

655 posts, read 1,992,908 times
The park itself looked pretty nice. I also walked around the part that surrounds Ridgewood Reservoir and that looked pretty nice. I wound up on the north end of the park by Cypress Hills Street I guess that's Ridgewood.

The area looked a lot like other areas near elevated subways. Basically I just walked up Elderts and made a left at Jamaica Avenue before going into the park near Cleveland Street.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:08 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,918 times
Highland Park has changed a bit. Several years ago it would of spelled trouble for a lot of non locals venturing around at night especially. It can get pretty hood, especially during the summer season. I knew a kid (a man now) who lived right across from it on Sunnyside Ave, the very first house.

I'll make a distinct thread of my new neighborhood 'Woodhaven' soon.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:11 PM

^ Eldert Lane is the border between Brooklyn and Queens on it's southern side. Also, it's the border between Cypress Hills and Woodhaven.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:58 PM

286 posts, read 353,255 times
Cypress Hills house in an NY curbed article.

In East New York, an Adorable Detached House For Just $550K - The Six Digit Club - Curbed NY

Old 07-27-2015, 07:04 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Decent looking house....that part of Brooklyn is already finished in my eyes. My prediction is that within 10 years you'll see the first single family in that house in the neighborhood sell for a mil.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-27-2015, 07:50 PM

Nice property for sure. The property is on the western side of Cypress Hills.

Cypress Hills is entering an early phase of the G-bomb. Phase 1 = Media support or attention, it will increase in the following weeks or months. I dare say 5 years or less if the G-Bomb goes through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City