Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 10:28 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,111,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
It didn't. My family is fine and so is everyone else connected to me.

I really wish people would stop lumping us altogether as though we're part of a Borg race of some kind. It's insulting.
You know, I don't even care. If someone people are really stupid enough to insist however many billion Black people are all just one person/entity, its their problem and not mine. Its shows their lack of intelligence.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:31 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,111,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

You write manuscripts with links to everything and I do not. I don't care. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. If the person is cool, then I'll probably get a link, if they're asswipes, then I won't, because I know it won't matter.
Its called providing citations. If someone is actually interested in a subject, they can check out the links. People make all sorts of claims for all sorts of things on the internet, and much of the information is bogus/false. So I tend to link to credible sources so people can see and decide for themselves. But those links aren't aimed at cool people or asswipes, that's just info that's out there.

Airborneguy in this thread won't get any links, because he and his buddies are trying to claim all Blacks are the same entity/person and nothing besides state psychiatric care can help someone that deranged. These people are extremely irrational and illogical.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:08 AM

2,925 posts, read 2,603,262 times
Default Bull crap!

If only a few generations back one's ancestors were chasing antelope or even being bred by slave owners for strength and endurance those are the traits that will tend to dominate that population.
Those with speed, strength, height, and endurance were those who would most likely breed.

Unlike eye color, height, or bone structure (big frame or small frame), no one inherits strength or endurance from their ancestors. Strength and endurance comes from TRAINING. Even if there were some plantations where bigger stronger Blacks male were mated with bigger stronger women, it doesn't mean that the rest of Black people, who were the majority of them, did not procreate (breed). All people procreated if they engaged in sex and was not infertile/sterile. If you're saying that all of the pro-Black athletes today are the results of their ancestors having been bred to be big and strong back in the 1800's (the last slaves were freed in 1865), you're full of crap. Nothing superior among humans (athleticism, looks, or intelligence) continues to excel throughout every generation for over 148 years unless the exact same conditions are maintained. In that case, humans would have to be confined to a highly controlled, highly regulated lab room environment over the past 148 years.

If anything, I'd put more weight (no pun intended) behind the diet of the average Black people (soul food which is heavy food and fast food including Chinese food take-outs located in ghettos across America). Needless to say the diet is composed of lots of starches, carbohydrates, high calories, saturated fat, high in sugar and salt and offers little fresh fruits or fresh veggies. This alone may account as one of the reason for Blacks being more inclined to be "big" enough to excel in contact sports. Another fact that I rarely hear mentioned is the fact that they dedicate significantly more TIME to playing the sport (basketball in northern and eastern seaboard states and football in southern states & the midwest) from childhood onwards than any other race/group of people. Practice makes perfect. Now, if they would dedicate that same amount of time to reading and learning about finances....

Old 11-25-2013, 11:14 AM

136 posts, read 117,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
LOL not this shyte again. Dude, do you even realize how often you do this? You've most certainly done it to me. Who are his "buddies"? Who are mine? Specifically point out where a group of people on this thread or forum in general are saying that "all black people are the same". This is why at the core of all of your verbose ramblings, it's purely childish ranting.

For me in this thread, all I simply said was that I'd rather have to fight off 5 black dudes from brownsville than 5 hasids from borough park. And vice-versa if it were a game of financial wits. There's absolutely nothing racist about that. Stereoptypical? Perhaps. But stereotypes exist for a reason.
Many believe that blacks are violent savages. The idea of non aggressive black guys does not tie in well with their stereotypical beliefs about blacks.

I'm a strong believer that people often live up to the expectations that their community and society sets. Society views blacks as violent, so unfortunately a number of black males in the inner city take on that role, but there are plenty of black males who do not take on the thug role.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
If only a few generations back one's ancestors were chasing antelope or even being bred by slave owners for strength and endurance those are the traits that will tend to dominate that population.
Those with speed, strength, height, and endurance were those who would most likely breed.

Unlike eye color, height, or bone structure (big frame or small frame), no one inherits strength or endurance from their ancestors. Strength and endurance comes from TRAINING. Even if there were some plantations where bigger stronger Blacks male were mated with bigger stronger women, it doesn't mean that the rest of Black people, who were the majority of them, did not procreate (breed). All people procreated if they engaged in sex and was not infertile/sterile. If you're saying that all of the pro-Black athletes today are the results of their ancestors having been bred to be big and strong back in the 1800's (the last slaves were freed in 1865), you're full of crap. Nothing superior among humans (athleticism, looks, or intelligence) continues to excel throughout every generation for over 148 years unless the exact same conditions are maintained. In that case, humans would have to be confined to a highly controlled, highly regulated lab room environment over the past 148 years.

If anything, I'd put more weight (no pun intended) behind the diet of the average Black people (soul food which is heavy food and fast food including Chinese food take-outs located in ghettos across America). Needless to say the diet is composed of lots of starches, carbohydrates, high calories, saturated fat, high in sugar and salt and offers little fresh fruits or fresh veggies. This alone may account as one of the reason for Blacks being more inclined to be "big" enough to excel in contact sports. Another fact that I rarely hear mentioned is the fact that they dedicate significantly more TIME to playing the sport (basketball in northern and eastern seaboard states and football in southern states & the midwest) from childhood onwards than any other race/group of people. Practice makes perfect. Now, if they would dedicate that same amount of time to reading and learning about finances....
I agree with much of your statements, but I strongly dislike it when people speak about blacks in generalities, because it robs black people of our diverse thoughts and diverse lifestyles. The average black person eats the American diet, which consists of fast food and take out. Soul food would never include Chinese takeout, because Soul Food is largely derived from recipes that Southern blacks created.

The type of thinking that is espoused in this thread is the very reason why so many black males go into sports and entertainment. Many of their teachers and just society in general often tells them that this is the only thing that they can achieve, so they just fall right in line and believe it. They are unfortunately told that they can not do well in math and science, because that's reserved for people with innate intelligence, like whites and Asians --thus the sad cycle repeats itself.

I can't understand why any grown adult would want to be consumed with sports and entertainment, but that's a totally different topic.

The only way to break the cycle is for blacks to create their own institutions and begin to educate their own children, without white influences. But we know that won't ever happen in the U.S., So nothing will ever change.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:35 AM

Default Starts at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Dreams View Post
My point was, if blacks are so-called inherently intellectually inferior, most African children wouldn't out perform other races. Obviously it is culture at play. Many black Americans have been brainwashed by whites to believe that intellectually they are inferior and can only excel in sports and entertainment. That's the real reason why so many young black males from inner cities choose to pursue the sports and entertainment route.
Bull crap!! It starts at home. From an EARLY AGE: If the child grows up being given a football or basketball to keep himself occupied instead of an educational scientific game...if the child is left in front of the television/movies/reality shows/music videos to develop his sense of self-worth and purpose in life instead of talking with his parents at the dinner table regarding his value and expectations as a member of the family...if the child is reminded how he is to conduct himself out in public instead of being allowed to hang out in the street unsupervised...if the child sees pro-athletes valued, praised, and gloated over by family and friends alike instead of these accolades being heaped upon white-collar professionals...if the child hears music that glorifies "da' bad boy" instead of "the good or smart boy"...if the child mostly hears music that glorifies "smash it/hit it/oral sex/anal sex/n-word, b-word & ho*s" instead of music that soothes his soul...if the child is presented with more opportunities in his family, school, neighborhood, or church to play sports instead of to engage in activities with his father or stepfather such as building with his hands/outdoor activities together...if a child sees that greater praise is given by his family and community to those who build up their bodies than to those who build up their minds....

Old 11-25-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Bull crap!! It starts at home. From an EARLY AGE: If the child grows up being given a football or basketball to keep himself occupied instead of an educational scientific game...if the child is left in front of the television/movies/reality shows/music videos to develop his sense of self-worth and purpose in life instead of talking with his parents at the dinner table regarding his value and expectations as a member of the family...if the child is reminded how he is to conduct himself out in public instead of being allowed to hang out in the street unsupervised...if the child sees pro-athletes valued, praised, and gloated over by family and friends alike instead of these accolades being heaped upon white-collar professionals...if the child hears music that glorifies "da' bad boy" instead of "the good or smart boy"...if the child mostly hears music that glorifies "smash it/hit it/oral sex/anal sex/n-word, b-word & ho*s" instead of music that soothes his soul...if the child is presented with more opportunities in his family, school, neighborhood, or church to play sports instead of to engage in activities with his father or stepfather such as building with his hands/outdoor activities together...if a child sees that greater praise is given by his family and community to those who build up their bodies than to those who build up their minds....
I agree with your comments, that's why I mentioned it is the "culture." I'm black and I know all too well that people try to set low expectations for black children in school and throughout life.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:17 PM

Default Two different classifications of food

Quote:
... The average black person eats the American diet, which consists of fast food and take out. Soul food would never include Chinese takeout, because Soul Food is largely derived from recipes that Southern blacks created.
When speaking of a large group of people in this context, I can only speak in generalities as there is no way I have the time or inclination to speak on every single one of the 44+ million Black persons in the USA. I didn't say Soul food included Chinese food. I simply listed the two categories of foods that the average Black person eats: (a) Soul food and (b)fast-food which includes ghetto Chinese take-out food. Soul food is American food but it's prepared and seasoned to satisfy the "palate" of Black Americans. For example, if you place the average American meal in front of the average Black person after the first bite they will be insulted at the "bland" taste and accuse you of not being able to cook! They will heap verbal abuse on the food or restaurant who sold it by saying this taste like "W_____ (rhymes with kite) people food! " or "a W___ person must have cooked THIS?!" Potato salad, BBQ ribs and chicken, fried chicken, fried catfish, fried whiting, grits, gravy, sweet potatoes, sweet potato pie, macaroni and cheese, pinto beans, collar greens, and so forth must be doctored up and sometimes cooked longer to satisfy the palate of the average Black person to be considered Soul food (salt, seasonings, pork, turkey, and/or sugar added).

Quote:
The only way to break the cycle is for blacks to create their own institutions and begin to educate their own children, without white influences. But we know that won't ever happen in the U.S., So nothing will ever change.
Wow, no Black person would have excelled in anything in this country had they maintained that type of thinking. The only certainty in life is CHANGE. Of course things can change but it's not going to happen just because it should or just because people complain about the way things are. It takes work, sacrifice, and failure before success to bring about change. Most of the time it doesn't come easy but it usually comes when people work hard to make it happen.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:21 PM

Default We agree on that

Quote:
I agree with your comments, that's why I mentioned it is the "culture." I'm black and I know all too well that people try to set low expectations for black children in school and throughout life.
We agree on that. Where we differ is you imply that it's the American culture that set low expectations for Black children in school and throughout life. Whereas I say it's BLACK people, more specifically the child's BLACK family that sets the low expectations first and foremost. Other people the child encounters (teacher, media, culture in general) either affirms (agree with) or denies (disagree with) what the child learned from home first.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:25 PM

5,001 posts, read 8,242,994 times
Quote:
Many believe that blacks are violent savages. The idea of non aggressive black guys does not tie in well with their stereotypical beliefs about blacks.

I'm a strong believer that people often live up to the expectations that their community and society sets. Society views blacks as violent, so unfortunately a number of black males in the inner city take on that role, but there are plenty of black males who do not take on the thug role.

Nothing to do with a "thug" role. Nobody is saying "savages" as a general term for black people aside from you.

But non aggressiveness aside on an individual basis, we're talking about genetics here. And 5 hasids from borough park would be less of an issue for me than 5 brothas (happy marilyn?) from brownsville. If you can't see that, then you're living in some sort of dippy utopia...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City