Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 07:02 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,955,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
Genetics play a dominant role.
No doubt, but these genetics are not limited to people of African descent.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:03 AM

19,099 posts, read 14,064,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Of course it's not some coordinated game. There's not a global ghetto scorecard being kept.
Worldstar is the ghetto scoreboard you speak of. The points are the "hits" each video gets. The modern youth have new games and scoring systems.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:10 AM

136 posts, read 117,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Dumb and dumber.
"Off the boat" they bring with them the focus on mathematics and science that is lacking here. In no way is "African man" necessarily any better in either, racially speaking. This is preposterous in the same way that to propose that people of African descent are better athletically is preposterous. People pursue whatever opportunities are given, and historically, this has been entertainment and sports. Period.
My point was, if blacks are so-called inherently intellectually inferior, most African children wouldn't out perform other races. Obviously it is culture at play. Many black Americans have been brainwashed by whites to believe that intellectually they are inferior and can only excel in sports and entertainment. That's the real reason why so many young black males from inner cities choose to pursue the sports and entertainment route.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Colin Powell
Colin Powell was an Army 4 star general with multiple strenuous physical accomplishments including Airborne training and Ranger School under his belt. Colin Powell was most definitely the equivalent of a professional athlete during periods in his career. I'd take an Army Ranger over an NFL player any day of the week.

...and your constant and heavy reliance on anecdotal evidence does not bely one who has earned an Ivy League education as you always like to point out. Did you not take a single logic or reason course while working towards your degree?

Old 11-25-2013, 07:41 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,061,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Colin Powell was an Army 4 star general with multiple strenuous physical accomplishments including Airborne training and Ranger School under his belt. Colin Powell was most definitely the equivalent of a professional athlete during periods in his career. I'd take an Army Ranger over an NFL player any day of the week.

...and your constant and heavy reliance on anecdotal evidence does not bely one who has earned an Ivy League education as you always like to point out. Did you not take a single logic or reason course while working towards your degree?
My examples are not anecdotal. There are studies on the high rates of obesity, high blood pressure, sickle cell anemia, diabetes, among other health problems of Black Americans. These people cannot play professional sports due to medical problems. I won't do the research for you, if its something white racists on this forums are interested in, they are free to do the research. I don't do research or professional level writing for free and you won't like my rates. So I suggest you start out by googling, which I assume you know how to do. You can google with even a junior high school level education.

Btw, military training is not necessarily the same as professional sports training. It remains to be seen how Powell could have done against athletes, many of whom are taking performance enhancing drugs. Which I assume Powell didn't do. At this point, he definitely isn't a good physical specimen due to OLD AGE.

And yes, it is confirmed that there are gay Blacks, just like any other race. There are studies on that too, for why you see so few gays in professional sports. Gay Black men, like other gay men, disproportionately work retail (and there are studies on this) and other female majority jobs.

Maybe you guys would know these things had you pursue an education yourself and if your reading went beyond the NY Post or whatever other propaganda rag.

I notice you all ignore my mentions of gay Black men because it shatters the stereotype you're trying to project of Black men.

You even see Black men in high heels and dresses in the West Village. I doubt these men are capable of assaulting anyone or running in their high heels. LOL

Old 11-25-2013, 07:52 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,061,542 times
I did not supply anecdotal evidence. Unlike those of you who turn to Fox News for your knowledge of Blacks, I don't need to turn to tv or the New York Post for my knowledge of Blacks. I've been Black my whole life and have been in many different communities of Blacks. I have my life along experience, while all you guys have is Fox News. Do you realize how ridiculous it is to claim expertise in something you have no real knowledge of (beyond tv)?

Anecdotal evidence is simply cherry picked evidence or other non representative evidence. The white racists on this forum are supply anecdotal evidence because all they are supplying as evidence is that they watch tv and see Black athletes, therefore Blacks are physically superior.

Btw, performance enhancing drugs has been documented among athletes of all races. Marion Jones was even stripped of her gold medals before it (Black woman runner). You can google that.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I gave you my physical attributes, I'm Black and no way am I winning the marathon. So it clearly has nothing to do with race when not all Blacks are the same. Nor are all whites or all members of other races.
THIS is anecdotal and the information you give here doesn't CLEARLY lead to any conclusion as you say it does.

This was what I was referring to.

Furthermore, I'm not trying to push any idea, agenda or stereotype in this thread. I commented on Colin Powell because you specifically used him as an example of a non-athletic black person. You need to do some googling in regards to the Rangers and the Army Airborne before trying to push the idea that these skills are not equivalent to high-level athletic performance.

Having experienced this type of training first hand, I'll refrain from googling and defer to my anecdotal evidence, similar to your leaning on your diploma which more and more seems to be worthy of nothing more than a single-use toilet wipe.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:07 AM

2,924 posts, read 2,594,502 times
Default How is the Civil Rights Act of 1964 responsible for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
LBJ dident give two ****s about the Black people. It was a political move. It was all about buying votes via entitlement programs.

As soon as he signed the bill and the cameras went away he turned to his Chief of Staff and said "We have lost the South forever, but now we got them dumb n-----s voting Democratic for the next 200 years!"

In fact the Civil Rights Act of 1964 has DESTROYED the Black family. Have we really made any progress when 73% of Black babies are born out of wedlock or when only 20% of Blacks have even an Associate's Degree?

This is off-topic from the OP and may warrant it's own thread but I fail to see how the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is responsible for destroying the Black Family.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964, which ended segregation in public places and banned employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, is considered one of the crowning legislative achievements of the civil rights movement. First proposed by President John F. Kennedy, it survived strong opposition from southern members of Congress and was then signed into law by Kennedy’s successor, Lyndon B. Johnson. In subsequent years, Congress expanded the act and also passed additional legislation aimed at bringing equality to African Americans, such as the Voting Rights Act of 1965. - History.com

Old 11-25-2013, 10:11 AM

2,924 posts, read 2,594,502 times
Default Is this Sharpton you're referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
I heard that a number of Harlem churches had grown quite critical of his refusal to comment.
At least a few called for him to be removed.

Removed? Removed from _________? I wasn't aware that Sharpton (if your comment was in reference to him) held an elected position.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:17 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,049,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
This is off-topic from the OP and may warrant it's own thread but I fail to see how the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is responsible for destroying the Black Family.
It didn't. My family is fine and so is everyone else connected to me.

I really wish people would stop lumping us altogether as though we're part of a Borg race of some kind. It's insulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City