Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 09:59 PM

4 posts, read 11,714 times

Advertisements

I almost forgot. Yes, I'm still in school too.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:28 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,807 times
If you go to a shelter look out and be careful, because your identity might get stolen the shelter system is a scam. 😨. 😰 😡. 😩. 😬. 😢. 😠. 😧. 😈. 😕. 😦. 😥. 😯. 😤. 😮. 😣. 😴. 😨. They treat you as if you we're in jail not fun.
Most the people working in shelter's are scam artist. Remember no credit is better than bad credit.the shelter system
Expect you to give them all your personal info. claiming it's necessary,how ever they do not protect your personal information. I belevie in identity protection, the number one in my list is life lock! and it work's 😄. 😀. 😆. 😅. 😊. 😇.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Sing View Post
Hey, everyone. I know I'm late, but I did always plan on posting an update. I've been very busy, trying to be productive. I wanted to say thank you to the people who left encouraging responses, and kept me in their prayers because I read through all of them. I'm not worried about the negative and/or ignorant comments.

I'm currently living with another friend, who is aware of my situation, and allowed me to stay with them until I get my own apartment. It's hard, but I'm trying to stay strong.

I have a job that pays decent money, and I am doing what everyone told me to do, which is saving money. I applied to NYCHA housing, but haven't heard anything from them yet, or any of the other low income apartments that I applied to. I wish everything can be done expeditiously, but I know everything takes time.

Right now everything is okay. I'm just living trying to get by.

I'm still learning to get my life on the right track. Don't think that I do not need anymore advice because any good advice is better than none at all.

Thank You :-)
Well that's nice to hear...😉... And glad you stayed out the shelter system, you are still young and it's sad, that at times
People have to struggle at a young age. I had to struggle at a young age also,...😧... But this only makes you a strong
Person pysicaly and mentally...😊... And prepares you for life because life is like a roller coster...😨... it has it's up's...🔝
And down's...⚓... And be thankfully to the kind hearted people that are helping.this shows that the world still have good.
Hearted people that will steer you in the write direction...🔝...and may god bless you and the people that are helping...😇😇😇

Old 06-02-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I almost forgot. Yes, I'm still in school too.
Go for you...😄... Keep up the good work...😉

Old 06-14-2015, 01:14 PM

4 posts, read 11,714 times
Thank You Beanniebaby7,

I also check up on my NYCHA status from time to time. I called one time and the customer service representative told me that if I was in a shelter I could get a referral from a shelter to help speed up the process, but I'm not, and I DO NOT want to go to one either.

I'm placed as working family priority W2, and Need Based Priority N4.

I don't know how long it's gonna take for me to get an interview for an apartment, but I'm trying to be patient.

If anybody have advice as to what to do because I don't know how long it takes for W2 N4 priority to be chosen. I don't have any kids nor am I expecting either.

Thank You

Old 06-15-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Thank You Beanniebaby7,

I also check up on my NYCHA status from time to time. I called one time and the customer service representative told me that if I was in a shelter I could get a referral from a shelter to help speed up the process, but I'm not, and I DO NOT want to go to one either.

I don't know how long it's gonna take for me to get an interview for an apartment, but I'm trying to be patient.

If anybody have advice as to what to do because I don't know how long it takes for W2 N4 priority to be chosen. I don't have any kids nor am I expecting either.

Thank You
And please don't have kids just to get first priority, I don't have kids and I did go to a shelter the shelter screw me around
They put me in a program that it took the court system to get me out, l can't talk about it because it's still pending
But the shelter system screw my over very bad. Please avoid the shelter if you can, I was doing every thing I was
Supposed to do save money, yet it took them two years to finally place me. But like I said I can't say much at this time.
Take care.and be strong you will make it like I did things will only get better if you do the right...😉😇😉😇

Old 06-15-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Thank You Beanniebaby7,

Thank You
Oh I think there is a phone number you call to check on the W2 N4 priority list and you have to keep checking with,
Them so they know you still need apt. I do not know that number,I'm sure you can get it...👓

Old 07-28-2016, 11:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,472 times
Covenant House would be ideal.. Ali Forney Center is also ideal for Lgbtq folks ..

Old 04-04-2017, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 640 times
i am 18 and my name is nahla and i am looking for a place to stay until i can get on my own

Old 05-05-2022, 02:34 PM

333 posts, read 255,896 times
I hope you're in a better place now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: