Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 10:12 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by native and proud View Post
Toronto's mayor smokes crack our mayor likes black women. Honestly if this dude thinks that young black and hispanic males can do no wrong than the city may have a long ride. If he's serious about rolling back Ray Kelly's policies he need to find ways to reduce the crime issues with these demographic. I think a viable is to hold the parents accountable for their kids' actions adn take more kids away from dysfunctional households. Start encouraging parents to take charge in their kids lives and hold them responsible for their behavior. This could help uplift these communities while rolling back on stop and frisk. But it seems like he's willing to dismiss all of the issues of the ghetto to machinations of evil whitey (yes that is a partial reason but these people can choose to control their behavior. And yes I think white people commit crimes as well they just tend to be less visible about it which makes stop and frisk useless against them.
I would love to have city or state run orphanages to open up and get rid of the foster care system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 10:41 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,242,334 times
LOL
Historic Bible goes missing after de Blasio swearing in

Old 01-01-2014, 11:08 PM

130 posts, read 291,269 times
Bloomberg spent over 600 million of his own money on everything from programs to help young minority males to improve their job opportunities, to remodeling Gracie Mansion, to paying his own travel expenses( and those of his staff) . to start scholarship funds, help improve museums, clean parks. there is a list in the Times. No mayor is perfect ( I like Bloomberg but he wasn't perfect) but he still believes in the patronage system and that wealth brings responsibility.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:55 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by native and proud View Post
White people won't steal your car but they might sell you weed i'm just trying to say they commit different sorts of crime.
Some of the white kids I knew from Occupy Wall Street did time for various felonies, including theft and armed robbery.

Whenever you make such a massive generalization, its without fail always wrong because of course you will always find examples to the contrary. Yes, they are white people who steal cars.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:00 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Much like your post, your fear of all men is irrational.

Oh, gee. You care enough to reply, but not enough to recognize the truth.

I said "armed black males". Perhaps you're the exception.

Besides pointing out your grammatical errors?

Hey, I think Dante is great! Love the 'fro. Also, the fact that he is attending Brooklyn Tech. I just hope that he doesn't get mugged by another young man of color.
Don't know anything about her tiaras. I'll leave the fashion analysis to you, Miss Thing.
When I went to Cornell, there were some rapes on campus. Women were grabbed at night into the bushes.

Several of the men arrested were white and Asian. And this was in a small town in upstate NY. Marilyn is not irrational to fear all men when walking alone at night. Most women don't consider it safe to be out there alone line that, regardless of the woman's race and this is around the entire world. A man does not have to be armed to be dangerous to a woman. Keep in mind men are generally taller and stronger. And there are really bad guys out there.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:04 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Let's not forget the clean cut law student Ted Bundy (executed by the State of Florida 1989) who preyed on women on campuses thruout the country. And "The Roadside Strangler" Michael Ross (executed by the State of Connecticut 2005) who studied agricultural economics at Cornell 1977-1981.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 01-02-2014 at 06:15 AM..

Old 01-02-2014, 06:15 AM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
The majority of serial rapists and serial killers are white males, 100% and I for one would never try to twist, confuse, obsfucate or deny that absolute fact. I also have no qualms about stating that a group of young black males gets my warning mechanisms up. Reality is reality, both ways.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:22 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The majority of serial rapists and serial killers are white males, 100% and I for one would never try to twist, confuse, obsfucate or deny that absolute fact. I also have no qualms about stating that a group of young black males gets my warning mechanisms up. Reality is reality, both ways.
Dont forget mass murders!

Old 01-02-2014, 07:27 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,907,340 times
And child molesters.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:31 AM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
All 100% true. Any idiot who tries to deny the demographics of crime deserves what they get, whether it's a female walking down the street alone on the banks of the Green River or a white male walking towards a group of black kids with his head down not paying attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City