Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2014, 02:00 PM

475 posts, read 853,078 times

Advertisements

I got news for you the less Yankees that move south the better off we'll be. We don't want criminals in our little towns, you created the monster up in NYC, you deal with it. As far as rural being poor, I live in a small town and make over 50k in a skilled trade and I like the peace and quiet of country living. New York City is an amazing place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there if a made 500,000 a year, it's too liberal and yuppie for my taste.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:02 PM

58 posts, read 110,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
I think this should be addressed to poor people of all and any race and/or racial admixtures. IJS. Poverty is poverty. The classist power structure has to be dismantled.
Class standing and race/color are often inextricably linked.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:12 PM

320 posts, read 578,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
To be fair some people were forced out of their housing and had no CHOICE. A lot of housing for poor people in big parts of NYC have been destroyed and replaced by luxury condos. And its not like the real estate industry is going to sit around while anyone betters themselves.

There isn't one grand solution for Black people. Each person will have to find out what works for themselves.
Got it. As a black man from the the South living in the South I believe Black folks up North shouldn't come down here expecting a promise land. There are plenty that have moved and didn't get what they were looking for. We still got many native Southern Black folks in poverty down here.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
people are no different than birds, we go where there is food and shelter and the hopes of getting both.
if you are in islated areas, there is less of it and you must be better at foraging to get any.
for minorities, you are more visible in the city and more likely to receive assistance when you are.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:35 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda231 View Post
You are correct about racism existing everywhere and the notion that only whites (and those closest to white) deserve a good quality of life, but in my opinion, poor black people should relocate to more rural and country areas, where stop and frisk (and the police presence) is not so prevalent.

I don't know where you are from Ms Miranda but you are coming across a fool. First Racism is everywhere
and to suggest that blacks should relocate to rural areas shows a complete lack of knowledge of what is
going on with this subject. Where would you suggest-- Texas perhaps. Country folk are much bigger racists
than city folk in my experience. Please go back and study this issue before you say anything else. Please let us know where you are from where everything is hunky dory .

I have never read such racist dribble in all my life.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:40 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
It's not that easy to just pick up and move and reestablish yourself somewhere else, especially out of state. To do so takes money and that's something poor people don't have much of. You will need enough money on hand to tide you over until you find work not knowing how long that would take. You may have family or friends that could help you out but you just cant go impose yourself on them for too long. where would you be had all the blacks just gave up and left the south back during the civil rights era, they stayed and fought the many challenges they faced. some even gave their lives in the cause, stay and fight don't run.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:42 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven r. View Post
I got news for you the less Yankees that move south the better off we'll be. We don't want criminals in our little towns, you created the monster up in NYC, you deal with it. As far as rural being poor, I live in a small town and make over 50k in a skilled trade and I like the peace and quiet of country living. New York City is an amazing place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there if a made 500,000 a year, it's too liberal and yuppie for my taste.
And we would not want you. We try to limit the number of ignorant bigots we have here. No need to add you to the pile.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:53 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
I don't know where you are from Ms Miranda but you are coming across a fool. First Racism is everywhere
and to suggest that blacks should relocate to rural areas shows a complete lack of knowledge of what is
going on with this subject. Where would you suggest-- Texas perhaps. Country folk are much bigger racists
than city folk in my experience.
Please go back and study this issue before you say anything else. Please let us know where you are from where everything is hunky dory .

I have never read such racist dribble in all my life.
This is true. One thing I like about Texas and these bama towns is that the racists aren't "hiding" that they don't like you, unlike in NYC where they smile in your face and can't stand you.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:53 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
Quote:
You are correct about racism existing everywhere and the notion that only whites (and those closest to white) deserve a good quality of life, but in my opinion, poor black people should relocate to more rural and country areas, where stop and frisk (and the police presence) is not so prevalent.
That's the entire purpose of stop & frisky and you think there is no racism police harassment/brutality outside of Nyc? This is an America problem.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:56 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Just because someone doesn't share your viewpoints -doesn't mean that they "know nothing about NYC."

The bulk of poor black people in NYC will not become middle class and do not benefit from all that the city has to offer. The prospects for young black inner city low income boys is truly appalling. Again, they are serving as nothing more than revenue for the prison industrial complex.

The true definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting different results.
It seems like the only NYC blacks you come across are broke, uneducated losers.

You need to get out of your bubble. Many of us speak the King's english quite well and are college educated. Nobody wants to move to the south or "rural america". For what??

NYC blacks will not adapt well to "rural" america, unless we're looking to hide out from the world. The only positive to living in these places is that you're allowed to own a gun. Multiple weapons, if you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City