Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 07:50 PM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farruko View Post
Black people have a higher unemployment rate in nyc than the rest of the country.
For real?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-09-2014, 07:58 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
For real?
LMFAO!!!!!

Yes, and the hispanic population is only experiencing 6% or less of unemployment and are only 2% of WIC, cash welfare, SNAP and medicaid recipients.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:30 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farruko View Post
Black people have a higher unemployment rate in nyc than the rest of the country.
Proof? I can say I'm Queen Elizabeth's father, but that doesn't make it true, either.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:07 PM

898 posts, read 1,219,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Comfortable with where they are... It's all they know. Very few will make it out of there and the majority will continue in their parent's footsteps.

My parents decided to move us to ATL (from NY) because they didn't want their kids (particularly my brother) to deal with Stop and Frisk. They wanted to lower the chances of him getting caught up in the wrong crowd. However, we weren't poor.
imo it's all about what you know, what you are used to. also, outside of roots, WHO will up and give you a job in another state/rural area? you need money and an income to live anywhere in the world and that doesn't appear whenever we like. nyc is also one of those rare cities in a state in america where you absolutely will never need to own a car. a cab or a man with van off craigslist will show up in a few minutes if you ever need to tow something. outside of that, you can easily walk or take the bus or train everywhere (i am talking about nyc, not the fake wannabe boroughs). everything is also available here in terms of shopping variety. blacks will be bothered all around the country. if you move to a rural area, you may get a redneck guy with a confederate flag ready to shoot your head off. it's not that simple. if you try another city, well, you will never match the transit options of nyc and if you hate the heat like down in miami, that leaves with you little choice. well over there you also need to speak spanish to even get a job. i am not black so i cannot say from firsthand experience how difficult it is but i do know that it is definitely not easy being black even if you are educated and have a job. you have a bullseye on your face and back simply for existing. i have found this not to be true in many parts of europe however (outside of russia mostly). it's a little better over there, although not completely perfect. in asia in general though, being black is not welcome. i enjoyed the black culture in japan video on youtube. great to see people enjoying life for what they like.

http://youtu.be/_Qe4AZRkFYE

Old 08-09-2014, 09:20 PM

287 posts, read 593,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Believe it or not, black people have a decent chance of climbing the economic ladder in NYC / New York State in general (compared to most areas in the country).

SHHHHH!! If half the posters on these boards start to believe that, they won't have anything to complain about all the time.

And so the cycle continues...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City