Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 05:18 PM

16 posts, read 83,191 times

Advertisements

I live 3 mins from there but I never understood if it's considered part of flatlands or canarsie, or even east Flatbush?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 05:20 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
East Flatbush.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-23-2014, 05:47 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,337 times
The housing is placed in a middle zone between Flatlands, Canarsie and East Flatbush. Some online info places Glenwood houses in the Flatlands.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:20 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,130,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
East Flatbush.
That is definitely not East Flatbush. That area has a completely different feel compared to the area over by Church Avenue (For that matter, the areas south of the cemetery aren't East Flatbush either. That area would be Farragut).

I'd definitely say Flatlands. I'd say Ralph is a pretty solid dividing line. (The street grid is different on either side of Ralph, which would indicate that the areas on either side developed separately).

Old 01-23-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
That is definitely not East Flatbush. That area has a completely different feel compared to the area over by Church Avenue (For that matter, the areas south of the cemetery aren't East Flatbush either. That area would be Farragut).

I'd definitely say Flatlands. I'd say Ralph is a pretty solid dividing line. (The street grid is different on either side of Ralph, which would indicate that the areas on either side developed separately).
That's not Flatlands. Flatlands is more around Utica. Like between Flatbush and Utica. Avenue H (one of the Glenwood sides) is East Flatbush. Anything East 50s is East Flatbush. South of Flatlands over there by South Shore HS, that's Georgetown on Ralph Avenue to your west, and Canarsie to your east.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:55 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,130,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
That's not Flatlands. Flatlands is more around Utica. Like between Flatbush and Utica. Avenue H (one of the Glenwood sides) is East Flatbush. Anything East 50s is East Flatbush. South of Flatlands over there by South Shore HS, that's Georgetown on Ralph Avenue to your west, and Canarsie to your east.
That would mean that Flatlands somehow excludes that portion from Utica-Ralph-Flatlands-RR tracks, and East Flatbush extends all the way down to Flatlands, but only east of Utica. I have a hard time buying that.

There's a reason why it's called Flatlands Avenue, and the Glenwood Houses are a block north of it. AFAIC, it's definitely Flatlands.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 PM

196 posts, read 425,729 times
It is East Flatbush I live there

Old 01-23-2014, 10:16 PM

929 posts, read 1,659,955 times
It's definitely not Canarsie.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grins View Post
It is East Flatbush I live there
Thank you

Old 01-24-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
That would mean that Flatlands somehow excludes that portion from Utica-Ralph-Flatlands-RR tracks, and East Flatbush extends all the way down to Flatlands, but only east of Utica. I have a hard time buying that.

There's a reason why it's called Flatlands Avenue, and the Glenwood Houses are a block north of it. AFAIC, it's definitely Flatlands.
East Flatbush stops at Avenue K. Everything below that is Flatlands.

Flatlands is this:

north - Avenue K
south - Avenue N
east - Ralph
west - Nostrand

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: