Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,783 times

Advertisements

Hello Forum:

I am new at this forum and I hope that I can get good suggestions and positive feedback.

My name is Luis and I am taking care of my 84 year old mother who is suffering from the beginning stages of Alzhimers. Her neighbor who is a single man in his late 20s or early 30s plays music in his apartment extremely loud. He plays is very loud music during week days as well as week end When this take place,my mother refuses to eat or take her medications. She begins to mumble to her self and start to complaint about the loud music comming from the neighbor's apartment. My sister who knows him have talked to the neighbor about the loud music and he has lower it for a while. I knocked on his door once to tell him to lower the music, but he did not open the door. The music was to loud. Every times he pumps up the bolum on his component set, things(mirrors,glasses ect.) in my mother's apartment vibrate because of the loud bass. I talked to the local management of the building and I was told that a letter was sent to this neighbor about the loud music. He still continues to put the music extremely loud. I went to the local pricint to get any suggestion as to how should I approach this annoying matter. One of the police officer told me told me to call 311. However, since the tenant is playing the music from 5-10pm their is not much they could do. Sometimes I've gotten so fustrated seeing my mother suffering aftering retering that I have tought to take the law in to my hand. It is extremely painfull seeing a woman who has worked very hard all her life to have to go trough this. My mother has never taking any kind of public assistance programs in her life. I will appreciate any suggestions from any member on this furum. I will like to know if ther is a time limit when a person can play his music very loud. I am very desparate for a positive feedback. Thanks

Last edited by talago4427; 02-12-2014 at 10:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 09:34 AM

82 posts, read 175,117 times
Is she the only one this bothers? What do the other neighbors say? Maybe a group would be more persuasive than one complainant.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:34 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,907,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talago4427 View Post
Hello Forum:

I am new at this forum and I hope that I can get good suggestions and positive feedback.

My name is Luis and I am taking care of my 84 year old mother who is suffering from the beginning stages of Alzhimers. Her neighbor who is a single man in his late 20s or early 30s plays music in his apartment extremely loud. He plays is very loud music during week days as well as week end When this take place,my mother refuses to eat or take her medications. She begins to mumble to her self and start to complaint about the loud music comming from the neighbor's apartment. My sister who knows him have talked to the neighbor about the loud music and he has lower it for a while. I knocked on his door once to tell him to lower the music, but he did not open the door. The music was to loud. Every times he pumps up the bolum on his component set, things(mirrors,glasses ect.) in my mother's apartment vibrate because of the loud base. I talked to the local management of the building and I was told that a letter was sent to this neighbor about the loud music. He still continues to put the music extremely loud. I went to the local pricint to get any suggestion as to how should I approach this annoying matter. One of the police officer told me told me to call 311. However, since the tenant is playing the music from 5-10pm their is not much they could do. Sometimes I've gotten so fustrated seeing my mother suffering aftering retering that I have tought to take the law in to my hand. It is extremely painfull seeing a woman who has worked very hard all her life to have to go trough this. My mother has never taking any kind of public assistance programs in her life. I will appreciate any suggestions from any member on this furum. I will like to know if ther is a time limit when a person can play his music very loud. I am very desparate for a positive feedback. Thanks
If I were in your situation I would also consider that ooption.
You've tried to reason with him the right way and apparently it's not working. And while I don't advocate violence I wouldn't like to have my sick mother live through that kind of environment because of an inconsiderate a$$hole.

Next time you see him, confront him and set him straight.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:27 PM

379 posts, read 339,713 times
Default I feel your pain

I am close to the breaking point with my idiot neighbor who plays incredibly loud bass anywhere from 9PM-3AM on any given night. It's a new neighbor who moved in recently. I've gone down three times and pounded on the door, no response and the music doesn't stop so he probably can't hear me knocking. Yep, when it's 2AM on a Wednesday and you're playing the music so loud you can't hear someone pounding on your door, it's too loud.
Apartment management isn't interested and I don't want to call the police. Yep, apartment living.

Old 03-15-2016, 05:17 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
I believe between 11pm until 6am it is against the city's regulations and one can complain to the police if one wants to.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:53 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,931,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iuecon99 View Post
I am close to the breaking point with my idiot neighbor who plays incredibly loud bass anywhere from 9PM-3AM on any given night. It's a new neighbor who moved in recently. I've gone down three times and pounded on the door, no response and the music doesn't stop so he probably can't hear me knocking. Yep, when it's 2AM on a Wednesday and you're playing the music so loud you can't hear someone pounding on your door, it's too loud.
Apartment management isn't interested and I don't want to call the police. Yep, apartment living.

Only if you put up with it.

Keep track of everything and send detailed letters including dates and times to the landlord - who is legally responsible to defend your quality-of-life as this is impacted by tenants s/he installed. Be sure to send any and all letters certified mail, return receipt. Log 311 complaints for the record and send those confirmation numbers along as well. You will find that this initiates a lot of "interest" in the situation.

This also applies to buildings in which you do not live. Landlords are responsible for disruptive tenants.
Send paperwork.

It's as simple as that.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:12 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talago4427 View Post
Hello Forum:

My name is Luis and I am taking care of my 84 year old mother who is suffering from the beginning stages of Alzhimers. Her neighbor who is a single man in his late 20s or early 30s plays music in his apartment extremely loud. He plays is very loud music during week days as well as week end When this take place,my mother refuses to eat or take her medications. She begins to mumble to her self and start to complaint about the loud music comming from the neighbor's apartment. My sister who knows him have talked to the neighbor about the loud music and he has lower it for a while. I knocked on his door once to tell him to lower the music, but he did not open the door. The music was to loud. Every times he pumps up the bolum on his component set, things(mirrors,glasses ect.) in my mother's apartment vibrate because of the loud bass. I talked to the local management of the building and I was told that a letter was sent to this neighbor about the loud music. He still continues to put the music extremely loud. I went to the local pricint to get any suggestion as to how should I approach this annoying matter. One of the police officer told me told me to call 311. However, since the tenant is playing the music from 5-10pm their is not much they could do. Sometimes I've gotten so fustrated seeing my mother suffering aftering retering that I have tought to take the law in to my hand. It is extremely painfull seeing a woman who has worked very hard all her life to have to go trough this. My mother has never taking any kind of public assistance programs in her life. I will appreciate any suggestions from any member on this furum. I will like to know if ther is a time limit when a person can play his music very loud. I am very desparate for a positive feedback. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
If I were in your situation I would also consider that ooption.
You've tried to reason with him the right way and apparently it's not working. And while I don't advocate violence I wouldn't like to have my sick mother live through that kind of environment because of an inconsiderate a$$hole.

Next time you see him, confront him and set him straight.
I would buy a burner phone with cash and call the cops stating that you live in said apartment and that someone has just ODed on that apartment. Call the management office and say that you live next door to rock and roll dude and you have seen underage girls at his apartments..you have seen drug deals...you seen dime bags outside his apt, etc.....LOL does you super put the rent bill on the door on your apt? If yes, then take his so he doesn't pay his rent.. LOL... After a couple of months of unpaid rent bill the landlord will kick him out. (PM me for more illegal ways to kick him out)

The person is not going to change his ways. In his view point, he pays rent and he can do whatever he wants in his apartment. So you either play dirty ball or you wait it out and hope he moves or you find something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City