Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 11:52 PM

191 posts, read 874,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
8 hours of brooms and then i see this article in the Post. Pretty much goes along with what everyone has said about the job.

ON THE JOB By C.J. SULLIVAN - Jobs - New York Post Online Edition - New York Post

good post from the post

Last edited by garbage time; 07-22-2008 at 12:05 AM.. Reason: bad joke

Old 07-21-2008, 11:58 PM

191 posts, read 874,081 times
a previous post brought up all of the adjusted scores and a lack of the adjusted/final list.

try emailing the chief newspaper to update the list.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:46 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage time View Post
yes,i am in seclusion with willie randolph,osama,elvis and tupac.i accept full culpability.

i think the low hiring ratios are common for the first classes of any city test ,while the later dsny classes might see 1 in 6 taking the job.june 2009 will be 2 years since the written test,a long time.guys take alot of city tests often following through with the one that calls first.at least this is what willie tells me...
That is right,no way this ratio of 1 in 2 continues for much longer. So has the dropout rate for the July class gone up a few or has it remained the same? Hard to tell since they have broken you guys up into different groups now.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:28 AM

22 posts, read 49,446 times
hello everyone! ive just joined. and i have a question. I took the sani. test 6063 in june 07 also. my score is 96.25 and list # 7720. unfortunately my mother passed away that september. and my father just passed away this saturday july 19th 08. so u already know what im goin to ask. when do u think i will be called? this is my score with resident credit. Please any info will be helpfull and future info also. thank to any and everyone who can help me

Old 07-22-2008, 03:08 AM

53 posts, read 100,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1018 View Post
hello everyone! ive just joined. and i have a question. I took the sani. test 6063 in june 07 also. my score is 96.25 and list # 7720. unfortunately my mother passed away that september. and my father just passed away this saturday july 19th 08. so u already know what im goin to ask. when do u think i will be called? this is my score with resident credit. Please any info will be helpfull and future info also. thank to any and everyone who can help me
Sorry about you losses.
Also sorry to say I dont think they will ever get to your number.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:23 AM

123 posts, read 250,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
only one question now is when will there be another class

Pipez could u try n see if they know about any other classes this year

even if i got to wait till October its better then next year and it sucks cause the rest of us now dont even know when there will be another class u kno it was like at first we were all on the same road to getting the job now some of us hit a fork and are stuck in shiitville until the list gets moving again....

what's worse is we really don't know what our list numbers are anymore b/c there seems to be a whole lot of guys who got adjusted numbers, ie 355.5. this aint right. we were specifically told that if you didn't apply for these credits the day of the test then you wouldn't get them. then they allow people to apply afterwards, which is screwing a lot of people up. my list number is 734, but for all I know it could really be around 1200. who the hell knows.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:53 AM

14 posts, read 27,642 times
Default question

are they still giving the training for the cdl at fbf?

Old 07-22-2008, 10:13 AM

502 posts, read 1,009,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1018 View Post
I'm really sorry to hear about your losses over the last year or so. Sometimes we don't understand why things happen the way they do. Just trust God. But about you getting called......We can't say they will definitly not get to your list number, but if they do it will be a while. I think they got that high towards the end of the last test. So if they do, it will be in a few years....Good luck with that and keep your head up. Everything is in God's timing, not ours, so maybe there's something else for you in the meantime.....Sal

Old 07-22-2008, 11:44 AM

300 posts, read 659,378 times
Default Final Processing

I just got home from Final Processing and everything went great .. I will be going to FBF on 8/11 with everyone else .. They did send a few people home for not having the right stuff. Some people were able to go to the courts and post office real quick and come back ...

But all in all everything was pretty smooth .. Everything SImike said is accurate .. When and If you guys do get called for Final Processing make sure you bring exactly what they are asking you to ...

I also asked the HR people how high they called for the class and as of now it looks like the middle 400's and im not sure they need much more...
She also said they didn't hear anything of another class yet for this year..
There was 26 people there today and minus a couple that were told to leave ...

Old 07-22-2008, 12:13 PM

72 posts, read 198,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
I just got home from Final Processing and everything went great .. I will be going to FBF on 8/11 with everyone else .. They did send a few people home for not having the right stuff. Some people were able to go to the courts and post office real quick and come back ...

But all in all everything was pretty smooth .. Everything SImike said is accurate .. When and If you guys do get called for Final Processing make sure you bring exactly what they are asking you to ...

I also asked the HR people how high they called for the class and as of now it looks like the middle 400's and im not sure they need much more...
She also said they didn't hear anything of another class yet for this year..
There was 26 people there today and minus a couple that were told to leave ...

Pipez, thanks for the good information. It's tough to hear that they're probably through with the hiring for now. The hardest part is that at least if you were list #375, and you missed the July class, you KNEW it was just a few more weeks before you'll get called. Now all us guys have no idea when we'll get called. The waiting really does suck. Anyway thanks again to all you guys that have posted so much good info. to help out everybody. It's actually pretty nice seeing everyone helping out. As always, good luck to all, and hope to see you out there SOMEDAY!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City