Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 05:43 PM

105 posts, read 288,092 times

Advertisements

Ok, The first forcast. "numbingly cold and snowy." .. If this does not come true.. Iam putting personal blame on YOU!!!! lol kidding. all kidding aside, we have not gotten a GOOD blizzard for years...and by sake of average.. there should be one coming soon.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,745 times
im # 15XX on the list. anyone have any idea or guess as to when i might get a call ?

Old 10-02-2008, 03:58 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
Thousand San Wrk retiring in 2009? I think that depends on the market. You right about 20 san wrk retiring a month. sometimes more.
Is it possible to tell us how many retired last month, this month and next month?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:01 PM

9 posts, read 14,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabesanitationguy View Post
yeah vantastic is right there is one examiner there who is a nutcase. i failed my first road test with him but i took the road test in maspeth the second time and passed with a different examiner
hey van and wannabe, i did get my road test in maspeth next friday. what does this tester look like? can i refuse to take the road test if i get that guy? are you allowed to ask for another tester? i wanted to get a road test in red hook but the girl at northside said she could get me a road test in 10 days at maspeth. i have a bus driving job lined up for me so i went with the maspeth road test. what should i do?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansanmanhopeful View Post
hey van and wannabe, i did get my road test in maspeth next friday. what does this tester look like? can i refuse to take the road test if i get that guy? are you allowed to ask for another tester? i wanted to get a road test in red hook but the girl at northside said she could get me a road test in 10 days at maspeth. i have a bus driving job lined up for me so i went with the maspeth road test. what should i do?
White guy about 5"6,black hair,wore sunglasses. Mean look on his face. Yes,you are allowed to wait for another examiner if you want.

We are in October now,so it shouldn't take long to get a road test appointment. Summer is the busiest time. What kind of bus driving job? school bus or coach bus?

Dug up Wannabe's cdl road test rant from June,lol:

wannabesanitationguy

114 posts, read 39,094 times

i'm so pissed i failed my road test in maspeth today. the examiner was the most angry and miserable person i have ever met in my life, if anyone is taking there test in Maspeth and there examiner is a short white dude with gold chains around his neck and dark sunglasses with short dark hair and a 80's guido mullet just tell him you don't want to take the test with him and you would like to wait for the next examiner. there was six of us at the test site that had him as the examiner, all six of us failed within the first three minutes of the driving test, he failed me cause i didn't let the car that was about 60yrds down the block pass me before i made a right turn. i wanted to hit him over the head with the wheel chocks.

Last edited by vantastic10; 10-02-2008 at 08:35 PM..

Old 10-02-2008, 09:22 PM

257 posts, read 507,881 times
word of advice which i think helped me alot last time i took my road test and no matter how much of an A-hole the tester is it should help... be respectful.... yes sir or ma'am that mo fo to death i mean thats all they really want, well that and that they kno u can drive i really think it helped me... i messed up a couple of times cause no matter what i was always nervous he told me to make a right and i went to make a left he grabbed the wheel and was like i said right i thought i failed right there i was too busy lookin at the road and could have swore he said left i also did some other stupid stuff..... but i think the guy let me slide cause i showed him respect..... right turn yes sirr.... speed up yes sirr..... pick up that hooker yess sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:46 PM

46 posts, read 90,329 times
Default Union cards / member id

Has anyone from the August class received some sort of card or id from the union? I was wondering if they were going to mail anything out to us? I know that certain guys were already members of the teamsters and were exempt from dues as long as they presented their card.

Also has anyone filled a prescription and mailed it in to the union? I have a card filled out by both the pharmacist and myself but I do not know if I have to attach a receipt for the medicine.

All of your help is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:08 PM

335 posts, read 747,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Is it possible to tell us how many retired last month, this month and next month?
I know 20 retired last month. I counted recently. As for the other months I dont know and I really dont think i can be posting that kind of information. But as the other poster said about 20 guys a month retire. Alot of them tend to retire in the spring. Esp after a good snow year. Cause they make their snow money and start thinking "man I made a butt load of money this winter!! Do i really want to stay here for another hot summer when i can just retire? Maybe it is time...."

Old 10-03-2008, 03:47 PM

389 posts, read 774,951 times
Out of town Q2 tomorrow - what side of that huge building is Q2 housed in? The street with the traffic light by the police shop or the other side of the building? Street parking?

Old 10-03-2008, 04:56 PM

246 posts, read 593,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
Out of town Q2 tomorrow - what side of that huge building is Q2 housed in? The street with the traffic light by the police shop or the other side of the building? Street parking?
you can go down both blocks there is garage doors on both sides of the building and there is a parking lot by the salt dome at the end of the block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City