Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 09:45 AM

502 posts, read 1,009,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
what's the name of that school?
hey, this is the school
NYC DRIVING SCHOOL - NYS DMV - CDL - DRIVER LICENSE - LESSONS - IN

Old 03-04-2008, 10:22 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vituccio13 View Post
hey quick question...ive taken the cdl tests and got the air brake and tanker endorsement i just have to take the general knowledge over again ....i heard it is easier to take my passenger endorsement also so i can take my road test on a school bus is this true...what is the better decision with this....i have a very low list and im gonna be the first class i have to do this wthin these next couple of weeks....thanks to any one who can answer this for me thanks...
I also had to take the general knowledge twice,you will pass it easily the 2nd time around. You need to take the passenger and school endorsement tests before you can take the road test on a school bus. To be honest with you it takes a few weeks to schedule a road test appointment. With DSNY it is faster,you take the road test the week after your 5 day training.

For you Queens/Brooklyn guys this is the school that I am going to.

Queens auto & truck driving schools - Northside - Cars Buses Trucks, Defensive driving & pre-licensing course

I am halfway through my 10 lessons,road test is on March 17th. They have a 5 lessons package as well. There is a lot to know on a school bus that wouldn't apply to a cut off(dump truck). Warning lights,emergency exit windows,doors,must stop before a railroad crossing,etc. People take the road test on a school bus as a stepping stone to acquire their cdl. I have no interest in being a school bus driver. My cdl would be B-P,so I could drive a truck and a bus(coach,school,transit).

I can't decide for you,it is your call,good luck.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:05 AM

364 posts, read 739,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
I also had to take the general knowledge twice,you will pass it easily the 2nd time around. You need to take the passenger and school endorsement tests before you can take the road test on a school bus. To be honest with you it takes a few weeks to schedule a road test appointment. With DSNY it is faster,you take the road test the week after your 5 day training.

Queens auto & truck driving schools - Northside - Cars Buses Trucks, Defensive driving & pre-licensing course

I am halfway through my 10 lessons,road test is on March 17th. They have a 5 lessons package as well. There is a lot to know on a school bus that wouldn't apply to a cut off(dump truck). Warning lights,emergency exit windows,doors,must stop before a railroad crossing,etc. People take the road test on a school bus as a stepping stone to acquire their cdl. I have no interest in being a school bus driver. My cdl would be B-P,so I could drive a truck and a bus(coach,school,transit).

If you grease the manager at any driving school they can get you a test the next day I took it twice in one week , after I failed my first time. Cost me about 200 bucks these driving schools have slots scheduled every day.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:54 PM

196 posts, read 425,701 times
Quote:

My brother had a package of 10 lessons and road test for 700 in east newyork

Old 03-04-2008, 01:16 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,091 times
Quote:

That is what I'm doing Van...But in sheepshead bay....Same price just more convenient for me....It is true, to get the Passenger and School bus endorsement first. Good luck on the road test....

Old 03-04-2008, 01:32 PM

136 posts, read 267,686 times
Does Anyone Know About Getting Called And Scheduling Cdl Through Dsny. Do They Give You An Option Of When You Can Take The Lessons?? Is It All In Just One Week And We Have To Be There That Exact Week Or Can We Choose From A Few Different Weeks??

Old 03-04-2008, 03:07 PM

37 posts, read 95,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
I don't care if you've been on the job fifty years....You are wrong. It goes by filing date and #ssn. That is why it is un biased. So that would mean that if they receive 20 applications the same day, they get the same score on the exam, they all have to have the same number....(Not possible)THEN it wouldn't be fair.....get it.
I know of 4 people I came on with who got the same score as me & I have a higher SS# than all of them yet i'm the senoir guy amongst us.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:40 PM

128 posts, read 268,705 times
Thanks Xfess

Old 03-04-2008, 06:37 PM

196 posts, read 425,701 times
would anyone like to see the sanitation dance

YouTube - Trash Dance......

Old 03-04-2008, 06:56 PM

13 posts, read 34,080 times
Has anyone heard when this month they will be calling the first group from this exam, and have they said about how many people they will call this month?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City