Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 01:50 PM

364 posts, read 739,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
SO WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY RECEIVE 2000 APPLICATIONS THE SAME DAY AND 300 HAVE THE SAME SCORE??
it is as they are put in the system from when they are received totally un biased

Old 03-03-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
Yes, they do go by social security numbers also guy. It's not just the application date. Maybe that's just something you aren't aware of. And also a reply to passing the roadtest with sanitation.............Sanitation has a passing rate of 85%. I doubt I would fall into the 15%. But I still don't want to risk that......
hey guy I have been on the job ten years that is how they do it. Thats like saying my ssn last 4 is 9899, so that is my fault and now 1000 people who have the same score as me I am the last one. It is on the day received the time the data entry clerk puts it into the computer. Totally random except for the day it is received.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxguy View Post
Hey Sanman83, have you heard anything about the most recent supervisor exam ( 7502). When will they mail us our final results? Also how did everyone do for the most part? When will they start calling off the list and how many people do they plan on promoting over the next 4 years? Thanks for the help!
I was told any day within the next few weeks def one class maybe two then a hiring freeze. your score is definately not going to get called in the first class. Then it depends on the budget

Old 03-03-2008, 03:06 PM

128 posts, read 268,782 times
With a list number of 96X, do I have a chance of being in the first two or three classes?

Old 03-03-2008, 04:09 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
hey guy I have been on the job ten years that is how they do it. Thats like saying my ssn last 4 is 9899, so that is my fault and now 1000 people who have the same score as me I am the last one. It is on the day received the time the data entry clerk puts it into the computer. Totally random except for the day it is received.
I don't care if you've been on the job fifty years....You are wrong. It goes by filing date and #ssn. That is why it is un biased. So that would mean that if they receive 20 applications the same day, they get the same score on the exam, they all have to have the same number....(Not possible)THEN it wouldn't be fair.....get it.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
I don't care if you've been on the job fifty years....You are wrong. It goes by filing date and #ssn. That is why it is un biased. So that would mean that if they receive 20 applications the same day, they get the same score on the exam, they all have to have the same number....(Not possible)THEN it wouldn't be fair.....get it.
It is when the data entry clerk puts it in the computer, or I guess you work for dcas . When you get to class and have the same score as someone and their ssn is higher than yours, and he has you beat seniority wise then you can say I was told it was by ssn.......

Old 03-03-2008, 08:06 PM

5 posts, read 9,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olo123 View Post
With a list number of 96X, do I have a chance of being in the first two or three classes?
each class seems to have somewhere between 100 and 125 on average

Old 03-04-2008, 05:34 AM

128 posts, read 224,936 times
hey quick question...ive taken the cdl tests and got the air brake and tanker endorsement i just have to take the general knowledge over again ....i heard it is easier to take my passenger endorsement also so i can take my road test on a school bus is this true...what is the better decision with this....i have a very low list and im gonna be the first class i have to do this wthin these next couple of weeks....thanks to any one who can answer this for me thanks...

Old 03-04-2008, 07:09 AM

123 posts, read 250,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
That is the way I see it as well,there are eneough deductions coming out of the check as it is. You are getting a good deal for $500.00,you are probably be taking the road test in Red Hook. I am taking 10 lessons,including road test fee/bus for $860.00 at a school in Ridgewood,Queens. One on one instruction,best way to learn in my opinion.

what's the name of that school?

Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 AM

502 posts, read 1,009,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vituccio13 View Post
hey quick question...ive taken the cdl tests and got the air brake and tanker endorsement i just have to take the general knowledge over again ....i heard it is easier to take my passenger endorsement also so i can take my road test on a school bus is this true...what is the better decision with this....i have a very low list and im gonna be the first class i have to do this wthin these next couple of weeks....thanks to any one who can answer this for me thanks...
Yes. Take the passenger endorsement also. It is short to study, and then you can take it on the bus....That's what I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City