Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 06:39 PM

193 posts, read 394,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vituccio13 View Post
so whats up guys was at bronx 5 today....did 9 tons of paper...unbelivable how much paper people use lol...it wasn't bad besides they put 2 new guys that didn know the bronx for s**t on the same route....lol....5 seems good so far gotta get out of thea way too far from my house...hope veryone else had a good day and still good luck to everyone...
Did baskets all day. They put all the new guys on baskets two trucks. Don't know how much but it wasn't no 10 tons! lol We cover from 59th to 110th on the west side. I had 59th to 86th, Rverside dr, West end, Broadway, Amsterdam. Not bad but no truck money. Nice Garage great bunch of guys. The supers clerk stayed after and explained the board, the sign up sheets for Sundays and Charts. They say you can make Sundays about every 5th one. Also they cover alot of the parades.
Chart tommorrow. Drive not to bad from S.I just 35 minutes thru Bk.
Good luck to all starting on the 11th!

Old 08-04-2008, 06:47 PM

389 posts, read 775,027 times
I was beginning to wonder if the Staten Island guys ever made it home..lol

Nothing from the Bronx 7 people, they must still be out.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:01 PM

10 posts, read 17,825 times
yes

Old 08-04-2008, 08:49 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,212 times
Good luck guys, with the new garages.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 PM

8 posts, read 17,279 times
Default no news

Seems like all the guys on the list are quiet. Mainly the guys that just got on are posting.
Gl to all the guys that just got on. Hopefully they add a class or 2

Old 08-05-2008, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 4,201 times
Does anybody know what list number they are up to from the last exam? my list # is in the 1500, any idea when i might get called?

Old 08-05-2008, 09:18 AM

123 posts, read 250,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Ah yes,the Jackson Diner is famous. Buffet is from 11:30am to 4:00pm for $8.95 on weekdays and $9.95 on weekends. On Broadway,73rd st in front of the Astoria Federal Savings Bank,you have 2 carts,(1)Sammy's Halal(2)Khan's. You can smell the food from a block away. Sammy's won the best street food vendor award last year.

Pizza Boy on 37th ave/74st is good. Gustosas Pizza on 37th and 77th st is very good as well. Yeah,no shortage of great eats in Jackson Heights. I apologize for making anybody hungry,lol.

I live in jack. hts. It iz a great area for good eats. I asked a sanman once and he said it's a great route, finishes real early. I think he said he in Q3. Do you guys have any input into where you are assigned? Do they ask you for a preference or just put you wherever they want to?

Old 08-05-2008, 09:41 AM

21 posts, read 48,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinbklyn View Post
Seems like all the guys on the list are quiet. Mainly the guys that just got on are posting.
Gl to all the guys that just got on. Hopefully they add a class or 2
Been a little while since I posted but have been reading the thread religiously.
Glad that all the new hires are doing good...it gives us something to think about. Guess that we are all a bit more resigned to the fact that it will take a bit longer then originally expected. As owner of list number 177x...my patience is being put to the test. In the meanwhile...I hope the new guys on the job keep up with keeping us informed and any veterans on the thread keep letting us know what further things to expect.
Also...careful crossing the streets out there if Kuai is typing on his iphone and driving. Ha Ha. Just kidding. Good luck to all and congrats.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:03 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
I live in jack. hts. It iz a great area for good eats. I asked a sanman once and he said it's a great route, finishes real early. I think he said he in Q3. Do you guys have any input into where you are assigned? Do they ask you for a preference or just put you wherever they want to?

I believe Grapes24 got sent to QW3. The only one that I know of that went to a QW garage. They send you where they need you. He won't be back to QW3 until Friday. He is at a broom garage today and tomorrow. I think he will put in for a transfer next month,who knows,he might like it there and stay.

The real test is after the first 30 days. Where you will be bouncing at different garages at different shifts(round robins).

It is one thing to know where and what you will be doing the next day,but they prepare for you anything and everything I guess.

Joe8: When you were doing baskets yesterday,did you do both sides of the avenues at the same time or one side at a time? Great section(W59st-W86st)Riverside Dr,West End Ave,Broadway,Amsterdam Ave.

Does the recycling truck(paper or bottles/cans) qualify for truck money or is it just regular garbage collection only?

Old 08-05-2008, 12:27 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
I believe Grapes24 got sent to QW3. The only one that I know of that went to a QW garage. They send you where they need you. He won't be back to QW3 until Friday. He is at a broom garage today and tomorrow. I think he will put in for a transfer next month,who knows,he might like it there and stay.

The real test is after the first 30 days. Where you will be bouncing at different garages at different shifts(round robins).

It is one thing to know where and what you will be doing the next day,but they prepare for you anything and everything I guess.

Joe8: When you were doing baskets yesterday,did you do both sides of the avenues at the same time or one side at a time? Great section(W59st-W86st)Riverside Dr,West End Ave,Broadway,Amsterdam Ave.

Does the recycling truck(paper or bottles/cans) qualify for truck money or is it just regular garbage collection only?
recycling pays the same but u won't get 5 for dumping on shift cause u don't dump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City