Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 05:07 AM

515 posts, read 875,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariobe View Post
Anyone know when you will get the results of the exams?
havent received anything
The answer, on this page alone, is written 3298462389749823749 times.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:15 AM

271 posts, read 455,051 times
With some of the questions posted on here it kind of scares me, imagine these people trying to operate truck.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:28 AM

576 posts, read 1,547,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariobe View Post
Anyone know when you will get the results of the exams?
havent received anything
Bro no offense but I'm going to have to agree with the dude right above. And honestly I'd get it even if it was one page back but it's on the same exact page. Good luck tho! But to answer your question it's about 6 months.. six months.. seis meses... VI months.. I also read an article about how DCAS actually wanted to lower the turn around time for grading the city civil service exams..

Old 04-18-2015, 07:05 AM

It's not dcas that's looking to make the turn around time quicker, it's the state and peor who have submitted complaints. I would love for them to do that but look at what we are dealing with. The good ol' city of ny.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:06 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGEPO View Post
It's not dcas that's looking to make the turn around time quicker, it's the state and peor who have submitted complaints. I would love for them to do that but look at what we are dealing with. The good ol' city of ny.
These people can barely even turn their cars on to make it to work....you want them to grade faster? They'd make a billion mistakes.

You people want dcas to get results out faster? Then create a smarter civilization of test takers. How many people here couldn't even manage to check off for residency credit despite it being the first thing they see and go over? Why rush test scores when dcas knows geniuses will be calling to fix mistakes for months? You want them to waste a billion trees sending adjusted scores? How many people get questions wrong and then demand that they didn't be wrong...it must be the question? So they protest and force a ton of questions to be reviewed by a tribunal or people? People want scores.....the protest only just happened. They almost definitely haven't even gotten through discussing the protested questions yet and what to do about them. The longer it takes...the better for all the people on here who couldn't bother checking residency, who got several questions wrong after telling us how easy it was the day after they took it when they finished early after we begged them to recheck and recheck until they kick you out. in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they start taking eight months to establish these lists lol

Old 04-18-2015, 10:23 AM

4 posts, read 9,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hec.1 View Post
I took the test in February. I got my cdl permit and I am patiently waiting for my results to determine whether or not I will get my license. My only concern is my shoulder. I had surgery to repair a torn labrum back in 2007. Would that surgery cause me to be disqualified?
How was the CDL permit test? Was it hard or did you just have to read the manual and it was simple?

Old 04-18-2015, 10:32 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
These people can barely even turn their cars on to make it to work....you want them to grade faster? They'd make a billion mistakes.

You people want dcas to get results out faster? Then create a smarter civilization of test takers. How many people here couldn't even manage to check off for residency credit despite it being the first thing they see and go over? Why rush test scores when dcas knows geniuses will be calling to fix mistakes for months? You want them to waste a billion trees sending adjusted scores? How many people get questions wrong and then demand that they didn't be wrong...it must be the question? So they protest and force a ton of questions to be reviewed by a tribunal or people? People want scores.....the protest only just happened. They almost definitely haven't even gotten through discussing the protested questions yet and what to do about them. The longer it takes...the better for all the people on here who couldn't bother checking residency, who got several questions wrong after telling us how easy it was the day after they took it when they finished early after we begged them to recheck and recheck until they kick you out. in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they start taking eight months to establish these lists lol
Wait until we get our actual results...

"Hi! I just got my list # in the mail, it says I'm #50,324. How long do I have to wait until I'm called?"

Old 04-18-2015, 12:31 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Wait until we get our actual results...

"Hi! I just got my list # in the mail, it says I'm #50,324. How long do I have to wait until I'm called?"
Hahaha...I just died lol

Old 04-18-2015, 12:37 PM

AWOL I've been reading your comments for years, couldnt agree with you more. I took the test in 07 and didn't get high enough even though I took the physical. This time around I read that ****3r three times to double check! This time I should be golden (hopefully). In my opinion, if you missed the residency question you should in NO WAY be able to amend that. Don't even try to play the story of "oh I forgot" or "my neighbors uncles brother in laws son who works in si2 changed his so I should be able to change mine". Hell no, I waited to damn long to take this test again for it to be fair for these kids (no joke) to amend their score if in fact it was their fault not dcas (those idiots mess up all the time). I'm too thirsty for this snow money!

Old 04-19-2015, 12:15 AM

45 posts, read 132,606 times
The residency question should of been part of the test not on the front of the test that's why so many people missed it including I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City