Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 12:13 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,146,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSuperman View Post
Hey everyone. So I got DQ'd last month for what I thought was my back Xray.. Come to find out its my Lab work that did me in. When they mailed me the results of it, I was stunned.. These people DQ'D me because my labwork showed I was 1.5 point over what the normal range of your MVC is supposed to be (which is related to hemoglobin). I currently work at a hospital and I know a few doctors so I showed them the results and all of them told me that its absolutely nothing to worry about and I am perfectly healthy. And to verify that I even bought it to my private doctor and even he couldn't believed I got DQ'D for that. I've been trying to get in touch with the clinic to ask them can I bring in a new blood result as well as a letter from 2 doctors to clear me.. But no answers the phone. It would be ridiculous if I had to wait to appeal this matter. I can understand the back Xray, but this is just absurd. They let people who fail their blood pressure test and EKG take them again, so why can't someone take another labwork test? The results of our blood work tend to change regularly as a result of our diets anyway.. Man this is frustrating.. I probably would've been in October class too, my list # is 582*

This is a public city job. They would DQ if you had your toe nails too long and they thought it would come back to bite the city down the road and you get a 3/4 medical pension. They have thousands waiting after you, they don't care who gets this job. You are just a number. The same things rings true even after you get the job.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:15 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,146,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
Do you get to pick which borough/garage you would like to work in?

Yep when you go in for final processing you pick a borough/garage/shift preference/route number/truck number/vacation time. It's a first come first serve basis.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:21 PM

311 posts, read 458,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Yep when you go in for final processing you pick a borough/garage/shift preference/route number/truck number/vacation time. It's a first come first serve basis.
Lmaoooo

Old 09-18-2014, 12:25 PM

182 posts, read 290,411 times
Doh, I thought they did...

I spoke to HR and she lied and said they are not even calling yet. Might just call another number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasCowboys View Post
They don't call in any specific order though

Old 09-18-2014, 12:27 PM

12 posts, read 18,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbri View Post
That's a long way from 572#
572# CLUB
We're in this together

Old 09-18-2014, 01:50 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyy View Post
Training ends at 2 so from 6am to 2pm. The booklet they hand out, you need to study that and know how to pre-trip. Its really simple, at first there is a lot to remember but it comes second nature after you practice practice and practice. Don't worry about driving yet, study pre-trip for 2 days and you should have a good understanding. They alternate when you drive and pre-trip after the first day.

Unfortunately you have to make that choice, I was willing to quit my job of 4 years to take a week off since I already had no more PTO days. However ask your job if they have unpaid days and just do that like I did.

Ignore everything in the first part if this post lol

You're going to learn the pre trip Monday. You'll drive around the field for 2 hours. Then you'll drive around the streets all day Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Friday you'll stay on the field to practice any stations or things you're unsure of

Old 09-18-2014, 01:51 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
Do you get to pick which borough/garage you would like to work in?
Hahahahahah

Sure as long as you pick Bronx West 1-5,7, or 8

Old 09-18-2014, 01:55 PM

12 posts, read 18,797 times
Hey right now I'm slim and handsome will this job turn me into a old fat bastard?

Old 09-18-2014, 02:46 PM

182 posts, read 290,411 times
You are right I forgot they let us drive for about 2 hours on the first day. If you have an odd number you drive the next day and after pre-trip. Alternating between you and your partner. You don't drive everyday but every other day. Last day the instructor was nice and gave us more time with the trucks instead of pre-trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Ignore everything in the first part if this post lol

You're going to learn the pre trip Monday. You'll drive around the field for 2 hours. Then you'll drive around the streets all day Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Friday you'll stay on the field to practice any stations or things you're unsure of

Old 09-18-2014, 03:42 PM

60 posts, read 86,182 times
I just got my cdl from fbf, I'm at number 605* , are my chances slim for October?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City