Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:11 AM

19,109 posts, read 14,119,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Tennessee? "bulging at the the seams financially"?? LOLOL
You may want to read up on Tennessee before making yourself look like such a fool. Although since your comment is in the NYC forum, most who will read it will be just as foolishly misinformed as you anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 12:08 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,060,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
You may want to read up on Tennessee before making yourself look like such a fool. Although since your comment is in the NYC forum, most who will read it will be just as foolishly misinformed as you anyway.
You hate it here so much that it wreaks in every one of your posts.

You act like you're being forced to stay here. You can leave at any time to go live with those "patriotic americans" you love so much.

Like you said in a previous post, 1964 was when all the "troubles" began. Remember?

Well, why don't you go live someplace where it's still 1964? There are thousands of cities where you will never have to bump into or see post-1964 "failures".

You kill me. You really do. Your family emigrated here through Ellis Island and you want to sit up here and act like your gene pool is so much better than some others. Your ancestors were not looked upon favorably AT ALL. I'm sure the people of the Ellis Island era said the same thing about "social failings" when your family got off the boats 100 years ago too and were relieved when it finally got shut down in 1924 to stop the flow of the "riff raff" from entering the country.

I try to give you respect, because you fought for our country not once, but twice, but seriously dude...I see through you.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:33 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,374,197 times
Quote:
Out of all the cities and states with illegal alien ghettos on the west coast like New Mexico, AZ, CA and many, many parts of Texas, why choose the Bronx of all places as your target?

There's also the city of New Orleans, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Utah.

Why is this city so fascinating to all these nobody states that no one cares about?
Because it was in response to a NY politician.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:44 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,111,457 times
Quote:
And while you're at it, learn to deal with the fact that NY is a failing state with a shrinking tax base and increasingly government dependent population while solid red "nothing" states like Texas and Tennessee are literally bulging at the seams financially. I wish they'd secede already so I can move there and be a proud American again.
Hmmm, look at the race riots in Ferguson, a beloved red state.

Now lets talk about Texas. A state in which the white population is falling, and you know Hispanics, Blacks, and Asians generally don't vote Republican. Changing demographics turned California (red during the Reagan years) blue. Changing demographics has changed Virginia and Florida purple (voted for Obama twice), North Carolina (voted for Obama once, came close to winning the second time). You won't like much of the South these days.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:46 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,111,457 times
Quote:
You hate it here so much that it wreaks in every one of your posts.

You act like you're being forced to stay here. You can leave at any time to go live with those "patriotic americans" you love so much.

Like you said in a previous post, 1964 was when all the "troubles" began. Remember?

Well, why don't you go live someplace where it's still 1964? There are thousands of cities where you will never have to bump into or see post-1964 "failures".

You kill me. You really do. Your family emigrated here through Ellis Island and you want to sit up here and act like your gene pool is so much better than some others. Your ancestors were not looked upon favorably AT ALL. I'm sure the people of the Ellis Island era said the same thing about "social failings" when your family got off the boats 100 years ago too and were relieved when it finally got shut down in 1924 to stop the flow of the "riff raff" from entering the country.

I try to give you respect, because you fought for our country not once, but twice, but seriously dude...I see through you.
It is not 1964 anywhere. Some would like to pretend it is, but it just isn't.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:39 PM

19,109 posts, read 14,119,356 times
What the hell does race have to do with any of this? That one trick act is over. It doesn't work anymore. Besides, this discussion has nothing to do with race. Hell, even if it did, Cruz is Hispanic! Oh right, there are excuses for handling that, I forgot. If there's one thing I want to get away from, it's the constant use of race as a weapon to silence opposition. Pathetic.

I was overseas 4 times by the way. Thank you, I know you mean that.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:58 PM

205 posts, read 509,089 times
So what? What did he say that was so shocking. Damn, people are so quick to over react. We don't even know what he said before or after that. Just a quote taken out of context. It really looks like he was trying to imply that Charles Schumer should stick to NY because he is in over his head/disagrees with his reform bill. Big deal....

And for the record the Bronx is a dump, and this coming from someone that was born and raised there. A couple of new big box stores doesn't change anything.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:03 PM

15,657 posts, read 15,807,201 times
You post the response, but not the original remark?

Old 09-01-2014, 04:10 PM

8,114 posts, read 6,798,257 times
Ted Cruz and Rick Perry...talk about dumb and dumber...

Old 09-01-2014, 04:13 PM

300 posts, read 376,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie180 View Post
“I understand that Manhattan is very concerned with their security with the Bronx,” Cruz said to laughter. “But it’s a little bit different on 2,000 miles of the Rio Grande.”

Not only do I find comparing the border of Manhattan / the Bronx to that of Texas / Mexico to be grossly inaccurate and offensive but also not-so-thinly-veiled racism. Why shouldn't politicians (or random people like me) call this out, especially if Cruz has designs on the White House? I don't always agree with what Diaz et al are doing / not doing to improve, but appreciate them not keeping their heads down and actually speaking out about this.
I don't see any problem with the comments because the two analogies can't compare. The Bronx and Manhattan are both part of the New York City and part of the five boroughs, so in fact if you think about it, it is rather comical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback1983 View Post
So what? What did he say that was so shocking. Damn, people are so quick to over react. We don't even know what he said before or after that. Just a quote taken out of context. It really looks like he was trying to imply that Charles Schumer should stick to NY because he is in over his head/disagrees with his reform bill. Big deal....

And for the record the Bronx is a dump, and this coming from someone that was born and raised there. A couple of new big box stores doesn't change anything.
Very true!

Quote:
If that snippet is truly his only quote, then all everyone who is angered by it is exhibiting would be more righteous (re: foolish) indignation and anger. It is so sad that people nowadays are so easily "offended". What happened to having a spine? Cry babies. Someone in this thread called Texas a nothing state. We all know that daily, uppity liberal NY'ers have plenty more negative crap to dish about any place not NYC. Can't take what you dish out? Grow a pair you pansies. Not to mention, he's right! The Bronx is practically one giant ghetto with a few good neighborhoods on the edges.

And while you're at it, learn to deal with the fact that NY is a failing state with a shrinking tax base and increasingly government dependent population while solid red "nothing" states like Texas and Tennessee are literally bulging at the seams financially. I wish they'd secede already so I can move there and be a proud American again.
That last part made me laugh out loud!

Last edited by hhp3333; 09-01-2014 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: Addition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: