Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 03:26 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
The only person to blame is the individual who did the crime.
Blaming others for what someone else does is just crazy talk.

You blame the parents and the landlord, so you should blame your
parents and your landlord for saying what you said and doing what
you did and thinking how you think.

See how silly that sounds?
Whatever.Doesn't sound silly to me.Yes,I also blame the perp but there is no excuse for a 14 year old being out on the streets at 3 am with the parents not having a clue.The kid is dead in large part because of the parent's neglect and stupidity and I'll stick to that opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 04:53 PM

7 posts, read 12,166 times
I live on Pelham Parkway and I have to say its really nice. Its really rare something like this happens here. And I used to live north of pelham parkway and it does get pretty seedy. The area around williamsbridge road is really nice, that's where pelham parkway meets pelham gardens and morris park. This area is not as seedy as some people are making it out to be.

Morris Park, Throgs Neck, Pelham Gardens and Pelham Bay are other really safe Bronx neighborhoods that you can walk around at any time and not feel threatened.

I am a Bronx native, but the truth is, I am only here because it offered the best mix of price, transportation, safety, etc. If i could afford the other nicer parts of the city that's closer to midtown which is where I work, then I would have moved there.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:04 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switch_gear View Post
I live on Pelham Parkway and I have to say its really nice. Its really rare something like this happens here. And I used to live north of pelham parkway and it does get pretty seedy. The area around williamsbridge road is really nice, that's where pelham parkway meets pelham gardens and morris park. This area is not as seedy as some people are making it out to be.

Morris Park, Throgs Neck, Pelham Gardens and Pelham Bay are other really safe Bronx neighborhoods that you can walk around at any time and not feel threatened.

I am a Bronx native, but the truth is, I am only here because it offered the best mix of price, transportation, safety, etc. If i could afford the other nicer parts of the city that's closer to midtown which is where I work, then I would have moved there.
Agreed. I'm assuming the northern border is Allerton Avenue...?

Old 09-29-2014, 05:47 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,729 times
You have to look at trends, not individual incidents. Pelham Parkway has a very low crime rate - posting this incident just seems sensationalistic to me. Does the OP post things that happen in his own neighborhood?

Price is a factor in most people's choice of where to live. I have a friend who moved to Riverdale from Inwood, because Riverdale was less expensive. Compared to prime Brooklyn, Riverdale is a steal.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:49 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp3333 View Post
There are some seedy little areas in that neighborhood.
Like where? I was around there back in February for a party and it didn't seem seedy at at.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-29-2014, 05:56 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Like where? I was around there back in February for a party and it didn't seem seedy at at.
Doesn't it border Williamsbridge? Well there's your answer.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:02 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp3333 View Post
Oh this was the incident I heard about on the news. They said it was Morris Park which shocked me. It was Pelham Parkway. For all of the raves Pelham Parkway seems to get, it isn't all that great. There are some seedy little areas in that neighborhood. I don't know why so many people recommend it when there's only a few small pockets that are decent.
Whatever. It is largely a great neighborhood with the exception of some areas. Above allerton avenue and the boston rd area going towards allerton. Many people would agree with me. It is located within one of the lowest crime precincts in the Bronx. I've lived there for seven years as a single woman who frequently worked late without a single incident, my condo was never burglarized. You don't live in the neighborhood, so bugger off.

Stuff happens, however unfortunate. it's called New York City.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:03 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Doesn't it border Williamsbridge? Well there's your answer.
Not really.Bronxwood and Allerton are between PP and Williamsbridge.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:05 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Not really.Bronxwood and Allerton are between PP and Williamsbridge.
Ah ok thanks.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:09 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,337 times
Pelham Parkway is a small sized triangular neighborhood. The borders on GoogleMaps is recent, like later this year. The area did not have borders on previous GoogleMaps - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pe...045fcb1ba9272c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City