Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:06 PM

307 posts, read 2,507,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctogo View Post
the reason why drug dealing is not a big thing on the upper west side is people have money and dont have to turn to that.
Your reasons is pretty thin. OK they have money, means they dont have to hustle, that doesnt stop them from using the drugs. Just because someone is wealthy doesnt mean he isnt an addict!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snforstuff View Post
nyc is just not fun anymore... when i was out in california in 96, people would ask me "did you ever get mugged" when they found out i was a new yorker. now it's all about who knows what. we use to be the scariest most unfriendly city and now people talk to you for no reason. what's up with that? once upon a time, one would be afraid to take the train alone at night or even walk around 42nd street. now it's practically owned by disney.

If you want the same excitement or even more go to Brazil. Along Sao Paulo or Rio you'll find the same picture like NYC was back in the days. Even worse I would say.

Have fun!

Old 02-04-2008, 07:00 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,364,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRaZy View Post
Are you serious??? Because the rich kids have plenty of money to spend and a lot of time to lose... Do you know how many wealthy and successful business men are ****in coke heads??? I cant believe you are that ignorant!! And no it's not rare, it's just not that obvious and outstanding like in the 'ghetto' probably.
I work in corporate America and have for the last decade. What this man says is the truth, upper crust do drugs just like the lower crust.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:01 PM

Im female. But thx.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:35 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthnyc View Post
Not really. 99% of the post in this thread are exaggerations. I doubt most of these people were even around at that time. There were more bad neighborhoods then but these people make it sound like some kind of anarchy. Some lawless escape from NY bull. Basically look at a high crime neighborhood in NYC today. That was much of the city, those problems. There was less economic segregation in the past. A lot of poverty across the entire island of Manhattan not just uptown like today. Different demographics. Throw in some crack+much more extortion and some more addicts and you have the 1980's. The 70's would be heroine.

The exaggerations on here are laughable. BTW, as someone who has spend plenty time in Philly, Camden, Newark, ect. I will agree those places have more bad areas then NYC. Especially Newark and Camden. However the worst places in all these cities feel virtually the same. Violent crime is common and poverty widespread.
which exaggerations are you referring to?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-01-2010, 02:08 AM

2 posts, read 4,826 times
i'am digging in my pass and i date a big time lawyer anyone have a homicide from the 80's in york sc please call me 803 280 0661

Old 05-01-2010, 02:11 AM

2 posts, read 4,826 times
Please help and if you need help I got friends in high places so call 803 280 0661 if i dont answer text no bs please

Old 05-01-2010, 03:41 AM

1,016 posts, read 1,938,167 times
..I went to school On Macdougal street from 69-82 and It was a awesome time in NYC.....then or now you still have drugs and hookers its a part of NYC life style and not just NYC but the UNIVERSE....

Old 05-01-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I work in corporate America and have for the last decade. What this man says is the truth, upper crust do drugs just like the lower crust.
more wealthy people do drugs because they can afford more then pooor people........have you noticed the high death rate in Hollywood recently all drug related weather its RX or street drugs drugs are drugs and abuse is abuse..........and RX are VERY expensive an like many celebs they are ordering them under several fake names and can afford to pay off doctors to write them scripts under different names

Old 05-01-2010, 03:50 AM

Giuliani cleaned up NYC and Bloomberg Billionaire turned it into a RICH ZONE if you dont have money then MOVE........its not socially diverse as it was when Rudy was mayor. NYC is like a Blue Chip Fortune 500 company that is high on the stock market but will eventually crash like they say what goes up must come down and .............from the looks of NYC and the boroughs so many companies, shops are closing Madison Ave, Soho are starting to look like a boarded up bunch of blocks because no one can afford the city's rents commercially and so many people are losing jobs this recession is now a depression and soon the city will be closed for business.......you watch this is ONLY the beginning.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City