Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,075 times

Advertisements

How is this area now? Good access to a train?

Bronx hotel banks on new Yankee Stadium

By Lauren Elkies
Updated On 01/14/08

Developers planning a new Bronx hotel are counting on the new Yankee Stadium to spur demand for more hotel rooms.

V3 Hotels is building a 40,000-square-foot hotel at 115 East 146th Street, between River and Gerard avenues, overlooking the Major Deegan Expressway, said company CEO Ben Nash.

The new Yankee Stadium, which will be less than a mile away, broke ground in August and is slated to open by April, 2009. Also being built nearby is the Gateway Center at Bronx Terminal Market, which will create about 1 million new square feet of retail space. Local shops will mix with national retailers like Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, BJ's Wholesale Club, Target, Best Buy, Staples and Marshalls.

Offering limited services, with no amenities like food and beverage, the hotel will have 83 rooms on 10 floors with prices ranging from $130 to $150.

More: The Real Deal - New York Real Estate News (http://beta.therealdeal.com/articles/8627 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
Wow, that is certainly taking a chance! I guess it is right off of the 145 St bridge with convenient access to all the highways in the area. But it is still a distance from the stadium with an adventurous walk in between. I assume they will have a shuttle going up to the stadium.

What's the story with new market at the Bronx Terminal? That's a big complex.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:20 PM

655 posts, read 1,992,370 times
they're going to charge 130-150 a night and not even have a soda machine...

Old 01-15-2008, 06:05 AM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times
interesting to say the least

Old 01-15-2008, 10:06 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,102 times
Wow. That's taking a chance a little. I mean, Yankee Stadium is right next to the subway and major highways.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:36 AM

This is also interesting, but this in Hunts Point...

Offices, market coming to Bronx bank complex

JAN 16, 2008

The former American Bank Note Building in Hunts Point was bought by a joint venture led by Taconic Investment Partners for $32 million, or about $70 a foot.

Taconic Partner Charles Bendit said the group will upgrade the three-building complex into an arts-oriented center for non-profits. In addition to offices, there will be an area set aside for art storage and private galleries, and a local retail food market on the order of Chelsea Market.

The building, bounded by Lafayette and Garrison avenues and Barretto and Tiffany streets, is south of the Bruckner Expressway and has a black, saw-tooth roof.

More: IAN GETS MARQUEE

Old 01-16-2008, 07:38 AM

I am not sure something as great as the Chelsea Market can be created in Hunts Point, but it will be very interesting to see what they do.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:46 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,981 times
Wow great post!!!

This just supports all of the changes that I see, feel and know. The Hotel though is a bit of a walk from the Yankee Stadium..the area right now is mostly desolate garages, wharehouses...so there has to be a shuttle of some sort...interesting place to put a hotel to say the least. I suspect they are putting the hotel there because they know other developments that are in the works immediately surrounding it.....the entire area is being bought out. It is just steps from Manhattan and the Deegan. They are also redeveloping the entire waterfront from 161st through 149st..with waterfront esplanades, parks, retail, restuarants, etc....so that will help immensely.

The Hunts Point Project is pretty cool....I know this specific building and this development will completely change the game in Hunts Point. Again, this area is a relatively desolate area...so bringing in this kind of development that will attract crowds, artists, patrons from inside and outside the borough will have a dramatic effect on the area.

Cyrus...it will be better than the Chelsea market because it won't cost me $10 for 2 chicken breasts...at least I hope not.!

Old 01-16-2008, 06:01 PM

242 posts, read 926,996 times
Daily News had something about zoning changes in Hunts Point that should improve the neighborhood. The city has everything to gain by making the bronx desirable, i just question whether these plans will survive the economic downturn.

Hunts Point zoning targets fumes, noise

Old 01-16-2008, 06:36 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,379,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
This is also interesting, but this in Hunts Point...

Offices, market coming to Bronx bank complex

JAN 16, 2008

The former American Bank Note Building in Hunts Point was bought by a joint venture led by Taconic Investment Partners for $32 million, or about $70 a foot.

Taconic Partner Charles Bendit said the group will upgrade the three-building complex into an arts-oriented center for non-profits. In addition to offices, there will be an area set aside for art storage and private galleries, and a local retail food market on the order of Chelsea Market.

The building, bounded by Lafayette and Garrison avenues and Barretto and Tiffany streets, is south of the Bruckner Expressway and has a black, saw-tooth roof.

More: IAN GETS MARQUEE
Very interesting indeed!! I know in recent years many of the old factories & warehouses in the area have been either purchased or are being rented by artists for both working & living space. It has become a bit of an artist's colony. I guess they're playing off of that & hope that it will turn the neighborhood around.

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City