Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 03:00 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
You should try areas of the south with lots of Latinos (Texas, Florida etc.). In my personal experience, white women that date interracially fall into two camps:

1.) They love "brownish" guys...men that look Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Italian, Greek etc.

2.) They love black men including west Africans, west Indians and black Americans
This is very true from my observation and experience. In the sunbelt regions of America to some degree your average woman prefers darker complexioned man vs someone of a liggther complexion. I had a buddy of mines, a Yale grad and very, very, very pale white. He does a great job mopping up women here in NYC, but when he visits LA, he tells me the women are hot but he gets no play and is happy to come back to NYC. In the sunbelt region white women and women in general are accustomed to darker complexion men. Up here in the north the big thing I have witnessed is that women are big into white men. If I was the op he should consider either visiting out west below San Francisco or the South.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:02 PM

80 posts, read 47,121 times
I don't understand- do you want to date white women because they are white and you have some preconceived notions about them or do the women that you want to date just happen to be white?

Old 04-29-2015, 06:13 PM

4 posts, read 4,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsogradbrad View Post
obligatory meme

http://img.pandawhale.com/86034-hey-...women-EviQ.png

I didn't want to invade another thread with this topic but I have wondered a bit about this.

Say a guy has a thing for white women (not the swarthier olive skinned Italian ones but more of the lighter ones such as redheads, blondes, and pale skinned brunettes like Kat Dennings), where in NYC (neighborhoods or areas) would he have a good chance of finding a high concentration white women?

Also, have you personally seen or known any of the ones in the richer and more "hip" areas go for guys who were not white themselves? I have heard that the go to choice for most white women in NYC that look good is the rich and WASPy guy working on Wall Street so I can see that minorities will definitely have a tougher time, race not being the only issue of course.

I would check out the top half of Brooklyn. My work takes me through those neighborhoods and they are being flooded with people/women of North European descent. An old school guy I know who is from Carroll Gardens/Gowanus says they all have names that sound like they are from Vermont.

Anywhere from Ditmas Park on up to Greenpoint - just do your research to find the current hotspots.

Manhattan scene is too competitive. I know a late 20s attractive nurse who just left the UES. No respect for her job among the new locals - everyone is looking for a second 6 figure income.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:09 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
According to Wikipedia, the largest religious sects according to census data of the island of Manhattan, the biggest is Roman Catholic, than followed by Jewish, and close 3rd is protestant. Large number of AA are not Catholic

Better luck next time!

Except that up to 50% of blacks in NYC aren't AA. There is a huge Haitian population, most are Catholic. There are also many Catholics from islands like Trinidad, St Lucia, Dominica, and there are also decent numbers of Nigerian Catholics. Right in the Bronx there is the Garifuna community, many of whom are Catholics.

I am not even getting in the debate about whether dark Dominicans ought to be considered Afro Latino.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:30 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle View Post
I don't understand- do you want to date white women because they are white and you have some preconceived notions about them or do the women that you want to date just happen to be white?
Probably because majority of the p0rn here features white females, the OP grew up watching white females.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:46 AM

706 posts, read 1,042,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Probably because majority of the p0rn here features white females, the OP grew up watching white females.
Belladonna for the win.. That mormon girl is cray!!!!

Old 04-30-2015, 11:26 AM

148 posts, read 248,119 times
The OP merely said he wanted to DATE WHITE WOMEN of a particular look, not that he wanted to meet a prostitute or that he wanted to be possessive, or that he wanted to force a woman into plastic surgery to fit his preference.

There is nothing wrong with sexual attraction and preference in thereof. Insecurities are coming out in full in this thread.
Almost like a bag full of jealous girls was let into the thread. Girls, most guys don't like that behavior of mutual degradation.

No where did I see a hint where he said he wanted to forcefully be with someone, or shun someone who doesn't fit his preference.

So immature to even handle regular topics, the festering narcissists are in full on this thread.

My my my... Grow up.

Last edited by Pholtor; 04-30-2015 at 11:43 AM..

Old 04-30-2015, 12:24 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pholtor View Post
The OP merely said he wanted to DATE WHITE WOMEN of a particular look, not that he wanted to meet a prostitute or that he wanted to be possessive, or that he wanted to force a woman into plastic surgery to fit his preference.

There is nothing wrong with sexual attraction and preference in thereof. Insecurities are coming out in full in this thread.
Almost like a bag full of jealous girls was let into the thread. Girls, most guys don't like that behavior of mutual degradation.

No where did I see a hint where he said he wanted to forcefully be with someone, or shun someone who doesn't fit his preference.

So immature to even handle regular topics, the festering narcissists are in full on this thread.

My my my... Grow up.
LoL so true. Guys telling other guys what girls are attracted to, I'm so confused. There's so many stereotypes and generalizations in here, it ain't even funny.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:25 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Except that up to 50% of blacks in NYC aren't AA. There is a huge Haitian population, most are Catholic. There are also many Catholics from islands like Trinidad, St Lucia, Dominica, and there are also decent numbers of Nigerian Catholics. Right in the Bronx there is the Garifuna community, many of whom are Catholics.

I am not even getting in the debate about whether dark Dominicans ought to be considered Afro Latino.
I was talking about Manhattan and not about NY. I'm Catholic and most black Catholics I came across is what you mentioned and not AA.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:29 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,740,574 times
Quote:
In the sunbelt regions of America to some degree your average woman prefers darker complexioned man vs someone of a liggther complexion. I had a buddy of mines, a Yale grad and very, very, very pale white. He does a great job mopping up women here in NYC, but when he visits LA, he tells me the women are hot but he gets no play and is happy to come back to NYC.
I'm sure a good-looking Italian/Caucasian man with slightly tanned skin could do as well in NYC as LA or anyplace in between for that matter. I don't buy the entire I can meet women without even trying in one town and no women will give me the time of day in another town excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City