Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 10,080 times

Advertisements

I'm a 30 something blk professional female that just relocated to Columbus. Being a transplant in Columbus is a little tough, so I try to explore the city as much as possible, but I really haven't found a place that is diverse and open that makes it comfortable for white men to approach blk women. I have been to Brothers in the Arena District..and it was a bit too young for me. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Southernflower9000; 05-18-2013 at 11:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 02:03 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,633,857 times
I'm always leery of these kind of questions because the best way to meet a potential mate is almost always through everyday life (work/school/friends). Still, you might try places which tend to be more integrated (reggae dances & concerts, RnB lounges, etc) and stay away from the campus/Arena meat markets.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:52 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,604,523 times
Volunteer! Get involved with whatever floats your boat, whether it's helping animals or collecting blood for the Red Cross or Race for the Cure . . .

You'll meet people who share your interests and make a lot of new friends along the way.

I don't know if it's too late to get involved with the set-up for Picnic Pops, but they're a great group, and there are many others.

http://www.columbussymphony.com/even...-with-the-pops

Check out the Weekender section of the Columbus Dispatch. All of those events need helpers to put them on.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:27 PM

688 posts, read 1,116,760 times
Yahoo! Singles, eHarmony, Match.com etc. have been successful for a good amount of friends and colleagues of mine. From what I understand many sites can be tailored to winnow the list down to racial preferences and preferences of the other member.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:11 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,448,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernflower9000 View Post
I'm a 30 something blk professional female that just relocated to Columbus. Being a transplant in Columbus is a little tough, so I try to explore the city as much as possible, but I really haven't found a place that is diverse and open that makes it comfortable for white men to approach blk women. I have been to Brothers in the Arena District..and it was a bit too young for me. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated
You're not meeting any White men on the job?

Old 04-13-2015, 03:13 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,455 times
Join meetup.com - they have lots of groups for single professionals in the Columbus area.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:30 PM

231 posts, read 401,887 times
What's with these questions everywhere, it's 2015 and we have the internet meet your interracial lovers there. Go on Tinder, Plenty of Fish, Match, OkCupid, Craigslist etc. I wouldn't date interracially but you can find your thing and no one is gonna lynch you, maybe you will get a stare worst case just because its rare. I have to assume that the thousands of threads like this are just attention seeking and it needs to stop, it seems like people just want praise for being so cutting edge and progressive that they date outside their race. Stop the nonsense. Anywhere where white people are you can meet whites and vice versa with blacks you know where to meet people, there are no special interracial bars and if they are its gonna be creepy fat white guys looking for foreign barely legal girls looking for a sugar daddy/green card husband arraignment in return for sex and house keeping.

These threads are seriously pathetic. You know where to meet white men sorry you need validation and attention but it's laughable.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:18 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslandJake1995 View Post

These threads are seriously pathetic. You know where to meet white men sorry you need validation and attention but it's laughable.

I'd never ask people where can I meet white women, especially in Columbus. Columbus has a good amount of white folks. There are more than a handful of white guys that are interested in black women.

Last edited by Rocco Barbosa; 04-13-2015 at 06:28 PM..

Old 04-13-2015, 06:27 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,448,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'd never ask people where I can meet white women, especially in Columbus. Columbus has a good amount of white folks. There are more than a handful of white guys that are interested in black women.
Tell me about it. There's like 2 million people in the Columbus area. If she can't meet a man she's got bigger issues.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:30 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Tell me about it. There's like 2 million people in the Columbus area. If she can't meet a man she's got bigger issues.
Columbus should have plenty of white men to choose from. I always tell blacks guys, if they like white women, Columbus is for you!

Dang, I didn't realize how old this thread was. Oh, well. Maybe someone with the same issue will find this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus