Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 10:16 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty and out View Post
Post a link please.

I'm not sure the person we are looking for is a M/B. He may be a Muslim. Not sure where to fit them in the hierarchy. But I do know they HATE gays.
http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/ma...icle-1.2212416

There is the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 11:09 AM

861 posts, read 852,442 times
I am just puzzled why anyone would want to get into an altercation with a man that large?

If he shouted at me "HEY you knocked over mah drink", I would politely respond "I will buy you a new one and lets make it a double".

Why front when you can get your ass handed to you? Obviously this guy had never had a good beating. Once you've had one, you don't play mr tough guy..

Old 05-07-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
I am just puzzled why anyone would want to get into an altercation with a man that large?

If he shouted at me "HEY you knocked over mah drink", I would politely respond "I will buy you a new one and lets make it a double".

Why front when you can get your ass handed to you? Obviously this guy had never had a good beating. Once you've had one, you don't play mr tough guy..
That's what people normally do when they knock over your drink. They offer to buy you a new one as a way of diffusing tension. The dude was a hick from Alabama who likely hadn't really been out much in bars and restaurants not to know that.

Still I don't think the big guy should have slammed that chair on him, but the gay guy is not without fault either.

He never should have argued with the big guy period.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:27 AM

861 posts, read 852,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
That's what people normally do when they knock over your drink. They offer to buy you a new one as a way of diffusing tension. The dude was a hick from Alabama who likely hadn't really been out much in bars and restaurants not to know that.

Still I don't think the big guy should have slammed that chair on him, but the gay guy is not without fault either.

You are probably right, but I thought that rule was universal, especially if you are from out of town..

Old 05-07-2015, 11:48 AM

493 posts, read 512,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

Yea some people you should know better than to pick a fight with.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:03 PM

706 posts, read 1,042,223 times
David vs Goliath at Dallas BBQ....Goliath gave David an ass-whopping so bad that David's new name is Diana.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:13 PM

235 posts, read 374,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post

That is not what he said.

Quote:
At the restaurant, Snipes got a text about a death in his family and needed to leave the restaurant quickly, he said. As he headed out, he accidentally knocked over a drink, he said.

"A table near us audibly started making pretty gross comments about the two of us like, 'White f----ts, spilling drinks,'" Snipes said.

"I don't let anyone talk to me like that. I went over there and asked, 'What did you say about us?'" he added.

Snipes said he's 140 pounds, never thrown a punch in his life and felt he posed no physical threat to anyone at the table, especially the two large men there — one of whom stood about 6 feet 4 inches, according to police.

"I may be a mouthy broad, but I wasn't going to take it to that level," Snipes said.

One of the men stood up and escalated the verbal confrontation, Snipes said.

"He turned it into a physical altercation very quickly," he added.

The man knocked Snipes to the ground and started kicking his face and spine, knocking loose one of his teeth, snapping the cartilage in his ear and bruising his head, he said.

He shouted, "Take that, f----t," according to Snipes.
VIDEO: Gay Couple Bashed With Chair at Chelsea Dallas BBQ - Chelsea - DNAinfo.com New York

Old 05-07-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokistic View Post
Why would he even go up to a table and step up to TWO LARGE MEN? Right their Snipes is saying he played a big part in making the situation escalate. He should have ignored the racial slur. Actually since he knocked over their drink he should have offered to buy new drinks or at least apologize.

According to The Daily News.

"Snipes went over to the man and took a swing at him, sparking the fight, Sharef said. The big man was able to get Snipes on the ground and stomp him before York-Adams stepped in to separate the two."
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2212416

Other witnesses do say the big man called the two gay guys *******. It sounds like there was a very nasty argument that escalated into a fight. Either party could have behaved like adults and simply walked away.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:45 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Misleading title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
The article linked to the entire video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyuzV2D7U98

Apparently one of the gay guys knocked over the drink of the giant. Sounds like he didn't apologize because he was frantic about a death in the family. Giant calls him some gay slurs, so he comes back to yell at the giant. Giant then beats the gay guys to the floor before sucker smashing them with a chair.
Not surprising that the title is misleading which is usually the case across the board in the media. The title makes one think that a gay couple was attacked for being gay. Apparently a man, WHO HAPPENED TO BE GAY, spilled a drink on a big ghetto hood rat and then got into an argument with him over it which led to him being assaulted. Gay people are just as human as everyone else which means being gay does not insulate a person from the problems of life. Everything that happens to a person does not mean it happen to them because they are GAY; being gay in this case was not the trigger for the attack so please don't try to use this as a poster child for "OMG, GAYS are being attacked in NYC!" If you go there, then also say OMG, straights, bi-sexual, Blacks, Whites, men, women, young, old, religious, non-religious, educated, uneducated are being attacked in NYC because violence happens to someone every day.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:51 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokistic View Post
Go create your own thread about this story. Stop trolling and defending this piece of trash criminal.

For this story yeah this city just has too many Ghetto trashy Black and Latinos (and I am Latino) that like to hate others. Hope they catch this racist homophobic *******.

Hate Crime? Absolutely.
I wasn't defending him

I actually mixed up the 2 incidents. Relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: