Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 02:59 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
If she was sitting next to me on the A train I probably wouldn't talk to her lol
I guess that's just what I have to try. Thanks.
Why your stuck up too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 03:02 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
A few ideas:

1) Love is ephemeral. Don't count on it to create a relationship.

2) Understand yourself and what you are looking for in a relationship. This will change over time.

3) Don't look for a relationship. Start with companionship. Look for someone with a compatible value system. Try to build a relationship over time based upon your shared value system.

4) Know thine self. To thine own self be true. There is no good or bad. There is just you and your companion who you are trying to build a relationship with.

5) I respect your desire to be with someone else and hopefully you find someone who wants to be with you. There is no formula for this. Each person figures it out in his/her own way.
A men to that! 😇

Old 05-25-2015, 03:08 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
If you can't find love in NYC, you probably can't find it anywhere. This place is literally a mecca of attractive single women looking to find a guy. Also, almost as a rule I find attractive girls with below average guys!

Now if you're holding out for a Victoria's Secret model or something, then maybe yes, you'll have to be the 6'5" dude with a 6 pack and a million bucks in the bank. But you don't sound like you'd be that vane so that can't be the problem...
Out of all of my life in NYC where I have been everywhere from the Southern tip of Staten Island to all the Up in the Bronx far East as JFK to far west as Hells Kitchen, I can attest that you would never find an attractive woman with an below average guy on the regular in NYC. Mainly its the other way around an unattractive woman with an attractive guy. I have seen models with some strange looking guys or what not, mind you these guys are not tall or have 6 packs. Guys who are tall and with 6 packs in this city are with average to below average women in this city. I see it almost everyday regardless of what neighborhoods I'm in.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:26 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
Why your stuck up too!
I'm not stuck up at all. I just don't do the cold approach thing, I'm shy. And women NEVER approach men, and if they do, those men don't look like me.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:03 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,629,344 times
Quote:
I'm not stuck up at all. I just don't do the cold approach thing, I'm shy. And women NEVER approach men, and if they do, those men don't look like me.
Women approach in a different way. They may do it with their eyes, for example. When a guy is being approached, he definitely knows it.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:38 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
And women NEVER approach men, and if they do, those men don't look like me.
UMMMM....Woman approach men all the time!

Sounds like you have low confidence. You need to work on yourself bro. You can't expect people to love you when you don't fully love yourself

Old 05-25-2015, 04:40 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
UMMMM....Woman approach men all the time!

Sounds like you have low confidence. You need to work on yourself bro. You can't expect people to love you when you don't fully love yourself
Unless if you are really good looking, have amazing white teeth and or super tall. But I can guarantee these women are 7 and below in the looks department. You gotta love NYC, I tell ya!

Old 05-25-2015, 04:44 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Women approach in a different way. They may do it with their eyes, for example. When a guy is being approached, he definitely knows it.
To be more specific, the women who doesn’t care for being with her friends and is staring around the area hoping to make eye contact with a guy is the most obvious tell. Followed by she loosen her stone face when you make incidental eye contact with her. Normally she makes an opening for you by going to the bar by herself.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:47 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,629,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
To be more specific, the women who doesn’t care for being with her friends and is staring around the area hoping to make eye contact with a guy is the most obvious tell. Followed by she loosen her stone face when you make incidental eye contact with her. Normally she makes an opening for you by going to the bar by herself.
The advice from an experience.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:19 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Out of all of my life in NYC where I have been everywhere from the Southern tip of Staten Island to all the Up in the Bronx far East as JFK to far west as Hells Kitchen, I can attest that you would never find an attractive woman with an below average guy on the regular in NYC. Mainly its the other way around an unattractive woman with an attractive guy. I have seen models with some strange looking guys or what not, mind you these guys are not tall or have 6 packs. Guys who are tall and with 6 packs in this city are with average to below average women in this city. I see it almost everyday regardless of what neighborhoods I'm in.
We'll just have to agree to disagree, because I see the exact opposite more often than not - attractive women with not-so-attractive guys or guys that are barely average if that. I live in Murray Hill and work in Gramercy, and spend 99% of my time in the nabes of Manhattan below 96th.

Now it may well be the case that outside of the above mentioned part of the city, the situation is quite different - I really cannot say either way as I rarely venture outside of that section of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City