Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2015, 08:22 AM

243 posts, read 310,180 times

Advertisements

Maybe that was Related Management or the developers intention all along. The rational was, let's give citizens a rent discount, they'll save money with the discount, and use what they saved towards buying the place after maybe 5 years of being rent stablized. That is so interesting.

For the person who asked, a luxury high rise 1 bedroom in LIC is usually 600K. Not sure what discount you might get.

I think it's great and will give everyone an opportunity in the building to be a real estate owner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 02:42 PM

218 posts, read 473,401 times
I hope that this is true! I would love to own the apartment! I saw on the lease as well that if the owner decides to sell the apartments, the renter would have the option to buy.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:26 PM

243 posts, read 310,180 times
You have the down payment for a 1 bedroom going for 600K? Hps will most likely be more than 600K due to their many amenities.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:28 PM

200 posts, read 374,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post
You have the down payment for a 1 bedroom going for 600K? Hps will most likely be more than 600K due to their many amenities.
I read an article recently that said the average one bedroom in LIC is 980,000. Trying to find the article and will post if I do. I can't imagine they would actually allow people to purchase on the water, and even if they did, I can't imagine people who qualify for the apartments would be able to save enough on rent stabilization to afford a million dollar apartment (for a 1 bedroom). Nevertheless, it would be a nice opportunity/option for those who could afford it.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:17 PM

94 posts, read 216,395 times
Has anyone tipped for the holidays yet?

the concierge gave me a list of the building staff, but the only ones I know are the concierge... Do I personally have to locate these people to give them the tip? Is there someone that collects it for everyone? Does anyone know who the super in Commons is? It lists three handyman.

I'm hoping HPS sends an e-mail about how this works in the building to clarify

Old 12-21-2015, 12:10 PM

218 posts, read 473,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
I read an article recently that said the average one bedroom in LIC is 980,000. Trying to find the article and will post if I do. I can't imagine they would actually allow people to purchase on the water, and even if they did, I can't imagine people who qualify for the apartments would be able to save enough on rent stabilization to afford a million dollar apartment (for a 1 bedroom). Nevertheless, it would be a nice opportunity/option for those who could afford it.
They would probably offer the apartment at a discounted rate for those who are currently living there. This is what happened in one of the older buildings I was renting from but decided not to because the building was not in good condition. Yes down payment would not be a problem, so I hope this is true!

Old 12-23-2015, 07:36 PM

357 posts, read 656,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball212 View Post
If this is true, you just made my day!!! On the lease it does state something along the lines that we are able to purchase later on if that option becomes available.... crossing my fingers and hope this is true...
Now I must re-check the lease. That would be awesome.

Either way my friend texted me back saying it was a different building that her co-worker was given the rent-to-own opportunity.

But if its in our lease then im excited!

Old 12-24-2015, 05:36 AM

6 posts, read 9,494 times
Going out on a limb here but has anyone who actually submitted a full application get identity theft soon after?
Just happened to me and the most recent place that had all my personal info was HPS. Trying to see if there's a connection.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,702 times
Default identity theft victim

Yes, I recently had my identity stolen and HPS application was the last time I recall giving out all of that information as well. Do report it to the local police (it's a pain to wait to give the report, but you should so that the thief or thieves can be stopped) and to Kolie Forrest.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:49 AM

30 posts, read 42,863 times
Wow same for my husband. They opened TJ Maxx and JC Penny credit cards. Glad to know how that happened
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery