Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 12:51 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times

Advertisements

Hunters Point Housing Lottery (Part II) is a continuation of: //www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...g-lottery.html

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 06:19 PM

99 posts, read 231,968 times
Hello,
Finally got a call back and was told we were close to final approval for top bracket mid income in 2 bd 2bath. Coordinator mentioned that due to our higher income we were being offered preferred apartment. Is this true? Would you consider crossing or commons preferred?

Old 08-23-2015, 06:34 PM

357 posts, read 656,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaWin1 View Post
Hello,
Finally got a call back and was told we were close to final approval for top bracket mid income in 2 bd 2bath. Coordinator mentioned that due to our higher income we were being offered preferred apartment. Is this true? Would you consider crossing or commons preferred?
Congrats! When they say preferred, they arent referring to building. They probably are talking about the view, although as discussed before theres a mix of incomes all over both buildings. Perhaps you are getting one of the balconies? That would be SWEET!

Both buildings are great, one has a few more amenities than the other but thats it.

Did they mention to you which building?

Old 08-23-2015, 06:51 PM

Thank you. They did not. I saw your pictures. Congratulations on your new apartment! Are you in crossing/commons? How do you like it so far?

I also noticed that you took pics of 2 bed/ 2 bath, did you find the bedrooms are tiny?

Old 08-23-2015, 06:56 PM

357 posts, read 656,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaWin1 View Post
Thank you. They did not. I saw your pictures. Congratulations on your new apartment! Are you in crossing/commons? How do you like it so far?

I also noticed that you took pics of 2 bed/ 2 bath, did you find the bedrooms are tiny?
Honestly...I did find them to be small...but doable.

Thanks so much, I am in commons but havent moved yet.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:55 PM

163 posts, read 271,162 times
Well well well we got moved to a new thread! And congrats GiaWin! If you got a balcony you must invite us low-income folks over to take a peek.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:20 PM

163 posts, read 271,162 times
Just realized I'm only 3 weeks into my 6-8 weeks waiting period, ha. Question though, for people who were at least initially determined to be outside the bracket, did that adverse decision come quicker or did it still take 6-8 weeks?

Old 08-23-2015, 10:55 PM

12 posts, read 47,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Just realized I'm only 3 weeks into my 6-8 weeks waiting period, ha. Question though, for people who were at least initially determined to be outside the bracket, did that adverse decision come quicker or did it still take 6-8 weeks?
Im right there with you! My three weeks lands on the 29Th. When you get notified ill be excited because that means that i am up next!

Old 08-24-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Well well well we got moved to a new thread! And congrats GiaWin! If you got a balcony you must invite us low-income folks over to take a peek.
Ha! Thank you but I'm not approved yet. We're keeping our fingers crossed. Our lease renewal is due end of this week so I would love to know where we stand.

I had no idea some apartments have outside space.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameJeff View Post
Im right there with you! My three weeks lands on the 29Th. When you get notified ill be excited because that means that i am up next!

Is there a mandatory wait for people? I didn't know. I'm schocked by the timeline on some of the threads I read on here. From first contact to me move in within two weeks seems unheard of! Hoping we have the same luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery