Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 06:58 PM

357 posts, read 656,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citichic1 View Post
Wow! Those kinds of readings make me want to question the move! I currently live in a junior 4 and my electric is no more than 60 a month. Maybe I should think twice about signing my lease next week. I am moving to a studio. There is no way I can afford that bill!
Take the apartment hun...its an error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 07:25 PM

32 posts, read 46,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Hey guys! Purchasing renter's insurance here, and I'm wondering two things for possible credits...do the front doors have a deadbolt? Are fire extinguishers located in the units? In the hallways? Thanks!
If you email the office manager, she will give you all the info you need for renter's insurance. We actually are saving a few buck because of what the building has in place.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:10 PM

142 posts, read 198,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Saw some guys in the hall painting an apartment and they said they used Sherwin Williams for the white paint in our apartments. However I bough a small sample of white Behr today and blends well with the SW on the wall..

Havent bumped into the maintenance guy who offered to help with curtain rods yet.
Can you list the finish of the Behr paint you matched up. The exact shade name is white? Thank you very much for the info. I love Behr paint. That is what was used in my previous apartment and it held up well.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:16 PM

163 posts, read 271,382 times
Thanks! I've emailed her to ask, but she has never once responded to my email or calls.

What sort of things does the building have in place? I already told them we have sprinklers, deadbolts, a lot of green going on, fire alarms, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessieville View Post
If you email the office manager, she will give you all the info you need for renter's insurance. We actually are saving a few buck because of what the building has in place.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:19 PM

163 posts, read 271,382 times
BTW I compared the exact same coverage with many different companies and seems that Travelers was the best rate by far. $195/year includes add-ons like drain/sewage back-up, identity fraud, replacement cost, off-premises theft, and all the standard coverages for liability, personal property, loss of use, and medical expenses.

Also this just occurs to me though...what happens if all the sprinklers go off? I've never lived in an apartment with sprinklers before. Most policies don't cover water damage, but sprinklers aren't exactly a flood. They should be included in fire...

Old 11-11-2015, 06:22 AM

32 posts, read 46,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Thanks! I've emailed her to ask, but she has never once responded to my email or calls.

What sort of things does the building have in place? I already told them we have sprinklers, deadbolts, a lot of green going on, fire alarms, etc.

This is what I was told based on questions from my insurance co. Hope it is helpful:

How far away is the nearest fire hydrant (feet)?
10 ft from building

How far away is the nearest fire station (miles)?
½ mile

Are there sprinklers in the building? Where are they located (i.e.,each floor)?
Yes, throughout building common areas and in each unit

What is the building's construction type/material?
All fire rated construction material – concrete superstructure

What is the heat source (i.e., electric, gas)?
Gas

Is there 24-hour building security monitoring?
Yes , 24 hour concierge + CCTV cameras at each entrance and egress points

Is there 24-hour fire alarm monitoring?
Yes , 24 hour central station monitoring

Is there a burglar alarm?
No

Old 11-11-2015, 07:37 AM

10 posts, read 12,149 times
Thank you to those who shared about the electric. I am getting more nervous by the day about the thin walls, brown water, high electric bills. The building seems amazing but I don't know. I will be paying more to live here than my current apt for less space.. I really hope that it is worth it! I hope I get to meet some of you. Your suggestions have been really helpful!

Old 11-11-2015, 08:39 AM

7 posts, read 8,615 times
Tessie. Wonderful info! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Old 11-11-2015, 09:38 AM

69 posts, read 108,168 times
Quote:
Thank you to those who shared about the electric. I am getting more nervous by the day about the thin walls, brown water, high electric bills. The building seems amazing but I don't know. I will be paying more to live here than my current apt for less space.. I really hope that it is worth it! I hope I get to meet some of you. Your suggestions have been really helpful!
sounds like you should stay where you are. theres a long long long line of people dying to get into this building who would be more than glad to take your apt. just saying...

Old 11-11-2015, 10:07 AM

70 posts, read 102,712 times
Default i like it

Quote:

just think about it - i have to say i am one that complain about the thin walls and hearing my neighbors i had to buy sound proofing materials and so far its ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery