Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 08:32 AM

69 posts, read 108,168 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I compared prices for all of the movers on the HPS list as well as several others around the city and I ended up using Clean Cut Movers. Their quote was almost half of what every mover on the HPS list quoted me.

Best Moving Company in NYC - Cheap Movers Serving Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens | Clean Cut Movers NYC

There's an additional fee for the COI but it's all together very affordable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 08:38 AM

142 posts, read 198,812 times
I used Katz movers from the list and found them reasonable in price. They were great to work with.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:51 AM

22 posts, read 32,027 times
Did anyone else receive an e-mail today about apartment inspections occurring tomorrow?

Old 11-09-2015, 09:03 AM

218 posts, read 473,453 times
We went to look at the apartment again over the weekend. I noticed that no blinds or shades were up. Do they provide that to you or do we need to install it ourselves?

Old 11-09-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanygeek View Post
Did anyone else receive an e-mail today about apartment inspections occurring tomorrow?
I did not and really hope I don't have an inspection anytime soon. I just moved in and have boxes stacked up everywhere . I will need 2-3 weeks to have everything unpacked and organized.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgnewyork View Post
We went to look at the apartment again over the weekend. I noticed that no blinds or shades were up. Do they provide that to you or do we need to install it ourselves?
They will provide blinds. I will be adding curtains because the blinds let in too much light for me. I need a really dark room when I sleep.

Has anyone installed curtain rods/hardware into the walls yet?

Old 11-09-2015, 01:30 PM

7 posts, read 8,615 times
has anyone ask the handyman to adjust anything in the apartment like the low towel rack or the really high closet pole? just wondering if they do that and if they charge anything? Thanks

Old 11-09-2015, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 3,302 times
Default Asset Certification Form

Did anyone have to fill our an asset certification form at the lease signing? What does this mean? Was checking on line but I found no actual definition lol We are signing our lease tomorrow with a 12/15 move in date!!

Old 11-09-2015, 08:20 PM

7 posts, read 10,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCfan123 View Post
Also - re: some questions I saw on the thread earlier:

-There is a resident handbook on the resident portal of the HPS website. The handbook recommends using Bona cleaner for the hardwood in the apartments. Amazon sells a good starter kit for $40.

-The walls in the apartment scuff so easily! A damp paper towel seems fine though to get rid of marks.

-You can (and should) haggle for the price of parking in the building's garage. Ask the Officer Manager for the pricing sheet that Manhattan Parking provides Related and ask MPS corporate to honor this rate. I saw on the sheet the monhtly rate was $250 (for a small car), but was told to pay $300. The garage manager is really nice, but you should reach out to MPS corporate to haggle/settle the monthly fee.

-For xx01 floorplans, there are only two windows in the living room area, two windows in the bedroom, a longer/larger living area and a larger/longer kitchen, whereas for xx02 floorplans have three windows in the bedroom and a wider bedroom.

Questions for the community:

Has anyone tried to use the grills on the Commons roof deck without paying the one-time usage fee?

Has anyone used the cleaning service in the building (for dry cleaning, house cleaning, etc.)? Any thoughts on quality, pricing, etc.?
NYCfan123, you don't happen to have the floorplan for xx01, do you? I'm curious as to how it can be longer when the xx02s stretch from the hallway to the windows too

The other thing I am really curious about is, whether they provide curtains for the very narrow west facing windows in xx02.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:24 PM

34,094 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSres123 View Post
NYCfan123, you don't happen to have the floorplan for xx01, do you? I'm curious as to how it can be longer when the xx02s stretch from the hallway to the windows too

The other thing I am really curious about is, whether they provide curtains for the very narrow west facing windows in xx02.
Provide curtains? What rental (affordable housing or luxury) provides curtains?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery