Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 04:53 PM

10 posts, read 12,149 times

Advertisements

I am moving into commons mid December. Does anyone know about dog city and if they will have daycare? Thank you! Congrats to all who have moved in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 06:24 PM

142 posts, read 198,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Signed, sealed, delivered.
Congratulations, you must be ecstatic. I will be moving in soon as well.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:28 PM

38 posts, read 49,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citichic1 View Post
I am moving into commons mid December. Does anyone know about dog city and if they will have daycare? Thank you! Congrats to all who have moved in.
No word yet on Dog City, but if all else fails, there is a nice doggy care two blocks away. I believe the price is $20 for 5 hours.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintrhop View Post
water pressure - anyone else have very very low water pressure?
Yes. We're on the 21st floor and it's not that strong. I'm thinking the pressure may be reduced further as you go higher in the building.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:45 PM

I'm sure it's been mentioned before - about the noise/sound concern. I'm on the 21st FL at the Commons. Indeed, the walls are thin and the floors, while they are beds of concrete, are not that sound. I can hear thuds to the sides and upstairs. I can only imagine the sound/noise will increase as more people move in. This makes me nervous. It was my greatest concern when leaving a very sound, GREEN, luxury building to move into HPS.
When we moved in over the weekend, the walk-through didn't reveal that the intercom wasn't working and that the water supply wasn't enabled for the washing machine. Fortunately, service requests were answered and resolved within a day or two. On a more positive note, the living room turned out to be more spacious with furniture than it appeared to be without. That's a relief! Can't wait to host dinner parties.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:46 PM

357 posts, read 656,891 times
Anyone living on a low level floor 1-14 notice that there are a few apartments on their floor that are unfinished? Or unoccupied??

3 on my floor have the construction sign on them and the apt across from mine is still empty.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:40 AM

26 posts, read 39,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citichic1 View Post
Hi Citichic1, at the block party there was a Dog City booth and they said they hoped to open early November. They will have something called pee & play sessions instead of full-on daycare, because most dogs play for an hour or two and sleep the rest of the day. If you're already a resident I believe there are Dog City documents in the resident portal. (The documents might have been updated since the block party—I need to check too!)

Old 11-03-2015, 11:08 AM

32 posts, read 46,249 times
Although I remember someone on the board come up with "fix" for the open-sides on the kitchen drawers, I'm wondering if these Blum drawers come with some kind of insert? They are very deep and it seems completely odd to have stuff falling out the sides. Anyone have info on that?

Old 11-03-2015, 12:00 PM

218 posts, read 473,453 times
We got our countersigned lease the same day we signed the lease. They signed it on the spot. We will be moving in the end of November.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:00 PM

218 posts, read 473,453 times
Was anyone able to get there keys early and move little items into the apartment before the move in date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery