Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 11:09 AM

142 posts, read 198,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyDNYC View Post
I transferred my account from my old apartment. Same prices are still available on the site though so should still be valid. Don't take no for an answer - they will probably try telling you it's not available or some BS but ask for a supervisor if you have it. It IS available still, I am proof! haha.
Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 02:05 PM

218 posts, read 473,485 times
I know that someone mentioned this before but can someone tell me if they have light in the living room and other rooms in the apt, or do I need to buy lamps?

Old 10-23-2015, 02:09 PM

7 posts, read 8,618 times
ABC, you should buy lamps. We dont have a ceiling light in the bedroom, only in the living room.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:19 PM

32 posts, read 46,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyDNYC View Post
I used A Moveable Feat and they were WAY cheaper than any other place I got a quote from. A Moveable Feat - Movers - Red Hook - Brooklyn, NY - Reviews - Photos - Menu - Yelp
Shea Moving in Jackson heights. They are great and family-run business.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:24 PM

32 posts, read 46,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgnewyork View Post
I know that someone mentioned this before but can someone tell me if they have light in the living room and other rooms in the apt, or do I need to buy lamps?
We don't have fixtures in the living room. Only in the hallway and kitchen and one small one in the master bedroom. Get lamps for sure.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:12 PM

357 posts, read 656,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Attachment 159982

So I actually got to choose between 2 floor plans...the very last 2! One in Commons and one in Crossing. Commons is internally facing with just one window, but it was better than Crossings where I had the floor to ceiling windows but looking out on rocks and a black brick wall. So I chose Commons, but also will let them know that if anything changes I'd love to see a third option...obviously can't be picky now but maybe something falls through with another unit, who knows.

Anyway I actually kinda like the angled window that lets in Eastern light in that little corner where I plan on putting my desk and reading chair. Super stoked for the breakfast bar and drawers, which I know some don't have thanks to this forum.

My first impression of both apartments though was WOW these are huge! Maybe because this forum made me expect small. But especially the one in commons had a long, wide corridor which I've never seen in an studio before.
Congrats on your new place! You totally deserve this. Welcome home.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:15 PM

357 posts, read 656,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgnewyork View Post
No lights in living room or bedroom...You will need lamps

Old 10-24-2015, 07:14 PM

170 posts, read 315,462 times
Anyone know what the kitchen floors are made of? We want to make sure we're using a cleaning product that won't damage them.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:02 PM

163 posts, read 271,421 times
Yes it's really a shame about the view in that last studio C left, or any of the ones near it...I asked the agent why they didn't at least put trees there or something? It's so dark and awkward. It's a stunning window though and it makes you just want to walk out there but you can't even do that. He was right though that I guess it's good for people who work night shifts and sleep during the day. Aside from the view it's a really HUGE apartment with a giant hallway...

And thanks for all the warm welcomes, guys. I gave my decision on Thursday, so I dunno if they submitted me to HDC the same day but the soonest according to some of your experiences (3rd business day) would be Tuesday...we all want to shoot for Nov. 1 so I hope it happens quickly! I actually did a kind of crazy thing and already agreed to sublet my current apartment to someone else Nov. 1, and he's actually coming TOMORROW to stay on the couch until I'm out...so yeah I really wanna move in! I just didn't want to get stuck paying double rent and this was a sure thing and he completely knows my situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewCitizen111 View Post
This is pretty awesome!

It is a shame that the other layout with the exposure to the brick wall doesn't have a door and a terrace instead. I can see that from my place, and it is the middle/high school's roof, so I guess they cannot accommodate for a terrace, but it would make up for the sad view.

The garden view you have at the unit you chose is very nice and sunny and not noisy at all.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:05 PM

163 posts, read 271,421 times
BTW I really hope there will be some sort of Christmas party to meet all you guys! A lot of us missed the block party. :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery