Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2015, 05:18 PM

101 posts, read 159,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Signed my final income certification today. I'm in the bracket!

I only went in to drop off an extra paystub, but while I was there my coordinator's supervisor was all up in my file too and sped things along...ended up also signing the tax return authorizations for HDC as well as the income determination.

My coordinator expects I might hear about viewing a unit as soon as tomorrow. Get this: there are only TWO units left for low-income, and NINE total. Phew!
Very happy to hear the great news, welcome!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 11:06 AM

26 posts, read 39,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessieville View Post
You can move in on weekends. Make the request when you connect with the coordinator. BTW, be careful where you park on the street. We were told we could temporarily put our car on 51st Ave near load in area w/o going in to the garage...but we got a parking ticket. Precinct not being cool.
We got ticketed too! Well, my movers did, and later, we had to pay the $115. The cop said he was going to be nice and issue one ticket instead of two for our two trucks :P

Old 10-22-2015, 11:19 AM

26 posts, read 39,798 times
Quote:
Thanks guys! Seeing an apartment tomorrow!

If it's a Nov. 1 move-in (as I think they said?), what's the soonest they would do a lease signing? They day of the viewing or move-in?
Congrats! If Nov 1st move-in, you *should* be signing a lease ASAP! Maybe because things are wrapping up, anything could be done last minuteā€”ask your rep. We signed a lease approximately a month before move-in.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:28 PM

7 posts, read 8,618 times
has anyone got a cable package and if so, how do you like it. looking to see what the best option is. Thanks!

Old 10-22-2015, 04:22 PM

163 posts, read 271,421 times
Hunters Point Housing Lottery (Part II)-image.jpeg

So I actually got to choose between 2 floor plans...the very last 2! One in Commons and one in Crossing. Commons is internally facing with just one window, but it was better than Crossings where I had the floor to ceiling windows but looking out on rocks and a black brick wall. So I chose Commons, but also will let them know that if anything changes I'd love to see a third option...obviously can't be picky now but maybe something falls through with another unit, who knows.

Anyway I actually kinda like the angled window that lets in Eastern light in that little corner where I plan on putting my desk and reading chair. Super stoked for the breakfast bar and drawers, which I know some don't have thanks to this forum.

My first impression of both apartments though was WOW these are huge! Maybe because this forum made me expect small. But especially the one in commons had a long, wide corridor which I've never seen in an studio before.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:24 PM

The one I chose

Old 10-22-2015, 04:29 PM

28 posts, read 38,077 times
Quote:
Attachment 159983

The one I chose
That's definitely the better layout! You've got a nook to create separation and it looks like it's bigger too.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:31 PM

Crazy long wide corridor and brick wall view in Crossings

Old 10-22-2015, 04:32 PM

I kinda like the angled window! This is the one I chose.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:43 PM

142 posts, read 198,853 times
I really like the angled area. Looks like you will be signing soon. If something else opens up great, but I would be trying to sign a lease ASAP. You never know if someone else has an appeal with a lower log number. Are you facing the garden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery