Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 08:50 PM

69 posts, read 108,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSres123 View Post
Does anyone have floor plans for the xx01 and xx05 1 bedrooms in Commons (for floors 16-34)? I'm in an xx02 and super curious.

Also, I don't think I've seen anything from floors 35-PH ever posted...
I'm moving into an xx02 apartment as well but I had a choice between an xx01 floorplan. The only differences are: the closets are by the entry and not by the bathroom, the kitchen passthrough counter is longer and the living spaces are smaller by a few inches.

Also, the xx02 apartments have a small corner window in the bedroom which is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 12:26 PM

7 posts, read 10,579 times
aml1026 - you are actually mu upstairs neighbor. i just looked at posts by you and you are in 3202, right? 3102 here. hopefully you don't throw too many parties or do jumping jacks

my question to you about the xx01 units. you know how our line has 3 windows in the bedroom but only 2 in the living room, was that also the case for xx01? you don't happen to have the floorpan in your email, do you?

Old 10-28-2015, 01:28 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,577,379 times
Question: Has anyone been successful getting FIOS without giving Verizon your Social Security number or other sensitive information such as a passport or drivers license? Verizon is saying to my friend that they need this in order to verify her identity, but it seems like a lot of information to hand over.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:10 PM

69 posts, read 108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSres123 View Post
aml1026 - you are actually mu upstairs neighbor. i just looked at posts by you and you are in 3202, right? 3102 here. hopefully you don't throw too many parties or do jumping jacks

my question to you about the xx01 units. you know how our line has 3 windows in the bedroom but only 2 in the living room, was that also the case for xx01? you don't happen to have the floorpan in your email, do you?
ha! thats great. yes, my partner and I will be moving into 3202. We are definitely not loud people. We do have people over for get togethers once in a while but I too am hoping for respectful neighbors. I'm honestly worried about living next door to the 3 bedroom unit, which will most likely house a family. I'm currently escaping a neighbor with a two screaming children and REEAALLLY would prefer to not have that same experience in Commons. I hope the walls aren't paper thin...

I believe the window situation is the same except for that small corner window in the bedroom. Unfortunately, I don't have the floorplan. We viewed it at our first interview and regrettably didn't think to take a picture

Have you been in your unit yet? Isnt the view breathtaking? Also, I hope having the trash room next to our unit isn't an issue (noise/smell)

When is your move-in date?

Old 10-28-2015, 02:25 PM

46 posts, read 65,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Hey guys...is it all ConEdison in the building? I spoke to some nice hipsters out in front of the Brooklyn Trader Joe's today about how it's possible to switch from ConEdison to Green Mountain Energy and I don't know if it'll be possible in our building? I thought our buildings were already green though, so maybe they use clean energy?

You can always choose any other energy provider but still pay ConEd for delivery fees. I used to work for a utility company and sometimes peoples bills are slightly cheaper but most of the time its not.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:55 PM

19 posts, read 28,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpsres123 View Post
aml1026 - you are actually mu upstairs neighbor. I just looked at posts by you and you are in 3202, right? 3102 here. Hopefully you don't throw too many parties or do jumping jacks

Old 10-28-2015, 07:43 PM

7 posts, read 10,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aml1026 View Post
ha! thats great. yes, my partner and I will be moving into 3202. We are definitely not loud people. We do have people over for get togethers once in a while but I too am hoping for respectful neighbors. I'm honestly worried about living next door to the 3 bedroom unit, which will most likely house a family. I'm currently escaping a neighbor with a two screaming children and REEAALLLY would prefer to not have that same experience in Commons. I hope the walls aren't paper thin...

I believe the window situation is the same except for that small corner window in the bedroom. Unfortunately, I don't have the floorplan. We viewed it at our first interview and regrettably didn't think to take a picture

Have you been in your unit yet? Isnt the view breathtaking? Also, I hope having the trash room next to our unit isn't an issue (noise/smell)

When is your move-in date?
I'm not too worried about the 3 bedroom in xx03 because the living room, not the bedroom borders that unit. Also, i think from the side of xx03, its the bedroom that borders, not a living room where kids would likely be running around. The trash chute is behind the bathroom, so again, likely no noise issues there.

I'm moving in at the end of November. Yup, the views are great.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:20 PM

32 posts, read 46,249 times
Ok, here's a dumb question: can people see IN to our windows at Commons or is the external glass filtered/blocking views on the outside? I'm loving my view, but wondering what my neighbors in the building across the street can see.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:36 PM

200 posts, read 374,698 times
Anyone else think the elevators in Crossing are so slow?? I don't understand why they only run two elevators instead of running all three (which includes the service elevator) at least during the peak rush hours. I waited 15 minutes just to get upstairs.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:46 PM

163 posts, read 271,382 times
Hey guys,

Once they call you with HDC approval, as long as the unit is completed, how quickly can you sign a lease and move in? Tomorrow is a week since they submitted me to HDC. I already subletted my current place for November 1 haha...risky I know, he doesn't mind staying on the couch for a bit if I'm still in limbo but I need to get in ASAP! Do they do weekend lease signings? I imagine they just have to draw up the lease and maybe do finishing touches in the unit...

This process is stressful to the last, isn't it? We're all so fortunate though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery