Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2015, 09:57 PM

28 posts, read 38,071 times

Advertisements

Oh also...my water is browner today than ever. I think hps knows it's an issue because they have water constantly draining from one of their pipes in the entrance to maybe try to remedy the issue. It's like I'm bathing in dirt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 11:04 PM

142 posts, read 198,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserHPS View Post
Oh also...my water is browner today than ever. I think hps knows it's an issue because they have water constantly draining from one of their pipes in the entrance to maybe try to remedy the issue. It's like I'm bathing in dirt!
Are you using bottled water for brushing your teeth and drinking. Did they tell you why the water is brown. In an older building if you are away for a few weeks you will notice that but it usually goes away after running the water for 5 minutes.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:21 AM

28 posts, read 38,071 times
Yes I'm definitely not drinking or cooking lots of water with it. Went and bought a large gallon but I'm bathing in it unfortunately. I guess this is not an issue for everyone in hps?

Old 11-06-2015, 07:39 AM

What did they say is causing the water to turn brown. This is very distressing to have to go through. How has commons addressed your complaints .

What floor are you on?

Old 11-06-2015, 08:39 AM

71 posts, read 107,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
I got into one thing early...the portal, LOL. I tried a few days in a row to register and it seems that once they entered me into the system, it let me join.

About Verizon FiOS...I'm kind of a snob about having super fast internet and HD video and I also thought I might as well get a phone number since it was like an extra $5 and will make my Mom happy that I have a "land line" that she can use for emergencies. So with all said and done after taxes and everything, I'll pay about $143/mo for the 150 MBPS internet (two steps up from 50 MBPS), custom TV with just 2 channel packs, the Quantum DVR, a phone line, and all the goodies like free premium channels and the $350 Visa card. I remember people said the best deals were all online. BUT I decided to talk to the Related Verizon guy, and he told me that going through him, Verizon would still honor all current online promotions PLUS you get the $150 Related rebate. But it might be too late for me since I already confirmed an installation on my own. Still, I might be willing to cancel that and go through HPS for the EXTRA rebate, so long as they don't run my credit again...but it was kind of a headache to put together my bundle in the first place...

I was really excited to see in the portal that ZIPCAR lives in our garage! I started to sign up for the $35 special Related annual fee, until I saw that the online promotion for ANYONE right now is a $15 annual fee...so GO DO THAT, people! A simple google search also showed me that Zipcar has ZIPVANS that are the perfect size for a studio move, so I'm going to use one of those for my move. You can also easily find a $25 new member coupon online. But yeah...with the frequency with which I would ever need a car, having Zipcar there is going to be SO GREAT and way cheaper than buying a car and paying for parking.

And I do wonder how we are supposed to reserve these party rooms if we don't get to see when they're already taken. Has anyone reserved any yet?

Sorry this is long but I do have a QUESTION...did anyone send mail prior to their move-in? Particularly a kind of larger delivery? I ordered a rug because it was on sale and almost sold out, but it's going to arrive on the 6th and I don't move in until the 15th. I wonder if they will be kind and put it aside somewhere for me, if I should warn them it's coming, or if I should have UPS hold it somewhere else. It's not that big...box should be skinny but 5 feet long.

Getting SO EXCITED! Thanks for all the welcome wishes!!!
Congrats and Thank you for all this information!

Old 11-06-2015, 09:08 AM

26 posts, read 39,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSNewbie View Post
If you noticed that your bathtub seems to be clogging up or water is piling up while you showere, I just turned that push button stopper counter-clockwise. Ended up unscrewing it and saw a lot of hair was caught underneath and just pulled it out. It looks like it was designed to catch hair. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the tip! It worked.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:31 AM

12 posts, read 14,917 times
So the brown water is a Crossing issue or is it at both buildings? I'll be at the Commons (Dec move-in).

Old 11-06-2015, 12:13 PM

7 posts, read 8,615 times
Brown water for me as well at Commons. Prolly just sediment.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:28 PM

101 posts, read 159,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
What did they say is causing the water to turn brown. This is very distressing to have to go through. How has commons addressed your complaints .

What floor are you on?
I'm on the 4th floor in Commons and they said it is not the building itself it's a neighborhood problem. They are working with the city to fix it.

Last edited by Divina50; 11-06-2015 at 09:48 PM..

Old 11-06-2015, 09:45 PM

Thank you Divina50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery