Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 03:57 PM

30 posts, read 42,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanygeek View Post
Did anyone else receive an e-mail today about apartment inspections occurring tomorrow?
I received a call last week about inspecting our unit. I believe the building is undergoing another round of financing and they need to look at certain units for appraisals... this is what I was told by Kolie, our community manager. Don't worry about the boxes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 04:02 PM

30 posts, read 42,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCfan123 View Post

Questions for the community:

Has anyone used the cleaning service in the building (for dry cleaning, house cleaning, etc.)? Any thoughts on quality, pricing, etc.?
I have used Prestige for both dry cleaning and house cleaning. The dry cleaning prices are decent, a few dollars for a shirt and less than $10 for sweaters, etc. They did a good job with our clothes and I love the valet service.

The Prestige house cleaning service however, I found to be overpriced. I paid $150 for a one-time cleaning of my 2bed/2bath unit. Instead, I have reverted back to my former cleaning lady who has been cleaning my apartment for the past 8 years! She's half the price and has agreed to travel to LIC just to keep working with us. She is taking referrals, so if you're interested in contacting her, please DM me and I'll give you her number.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:08 PM

357 posts, read 656,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNYC View Post
We installed rods last night. It is indeed a metal base which made it very difficult to drill into without the proper tools. We tried it by ourselves, but had to resort to taskrabbit for a handy man. He was efficient and our windows look great.
Awesome idea. Glad you got some help. Im only needing curtains for the bedroom so Im not sure if its worth paying an hourly rate.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
Thanks again! It might be more cost effective for me to ask a worker in the building since this is for a studio. I think one hour would probably be enough time. Usually a handy man will require 2 hour min.
Saw some guys in the hall painting an apartment and they said they used Sherwin Williams for the white paint in our apartments. However I bough a small sample of white Behr today and blends well with the SW on the wall..

Havent bumped into the maintenance guy who offered to help with curtain rods yet.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:16 PM

103 posts, read 158,839 times
Hey everyone,

I know there's been some talk about utilities, but need some help as I'm feeling a bit crazy. We just received our first bill for a total of 37 days of electricity from ConEd. The total was $420. We're in a one bedroom apartment and both work all day. Something HAS to be incorrect with our meter reading, right?!

Old 11-10-2015, 05:53 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,577,379 times
Wow, that is a lot of money! I hope it turns out to be a mistake.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICaviator View Post
Hey everyone,

I know there's been some talk about utilities, but need some help as I'm feeling a bit crazy. We just received our first bill for a total of 37 days of electricity from ConEd. The total was $420. We're in a one bedroom apartment and both work all day. Something HAS to be incorrect with our meter reading, right?!
Its incorrect. They did the same thing to me, I moved in Aug 25th, they sent me a bill in sept with a billing period of Aug 25th-sept 4th for $235...FOR 10 DAYS...I almost threw up and was freaking out. A few days after that I got another bill for $109 that said "electricity charges for 29 days" due sept 14th...I hadnt been there 29 days and it was still too much but the bill said it was an estimate so I paid it. Finally got an October bill with a real reading and I only owed $6.80...I guess the credited me for paying the $109 estimate.

I wonder if we can read and submit our own reading.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:48 PM

10 posts, read 12,149 times
Wow! Those kinds of readings make me want to question the move! I currently live in a junior 4 and my electric is no more than 60 a month. Maybe I should think twice about signing my lease next week. I am moving to a studio. There is no way I can afford that bill!

Old 11-10-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Its incorrect. They did the same thing to me, I moved in Aug 25th, they sent me a bill in sept with a billing period of Aug 25th-sept 4th for $235...FOR 10 DAYS...I almost threw up and was freaking out. A few days after that I got another bill for $109 that said "electricity charges for 29 days" due sept 14th...I hadnt been there 29 days and it was still too much but the bill said it was an estimate so I paid it. Finally got an October bill with a real reading and I only owed $6.80...I guess the credited me for paying the $109 estimate.

I wonder if we can read and submit our own reading.
Phew! What a hassle. I plan to call tomorrow. My initial hunch was that maybe another apartment up here wasn't broken off the main meter and was somehow feeding onto ours. Either way, figured there was no way that could be correct!

Old 11-10-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citichic1 View Post
Wow! Those kinds of readings make me want to question the move! I currently live in a junior 4 and my electric is no more than 60 a month. Maybe I should think twice about signing my lease next week. I am moving to a studio. There is no way I can afford that bill!
Don't go by this. Honestly there's no way it's correct the more I think about it. We lived in the neighborhood before in another large apartment building and never paid over $50-60/mo. I'm sure it's an error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery