Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2015, 10:35 AM

38 posts, read 49,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
I really hope they have cameras as well. I find this really disturbing!! I have seen nutty stuff in the lower east side laundry facilities before but never kitty litter.

I will run an empty washer with just bleach before using for my clothes.
Fortunately, we have a washer-dryer in the apt, but still...there will come a day when we'll need to wash a comforter and wouldn't want to encounter that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 11:38 AM

218 posts, read 473,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCfan123 View Post
She is. She is likely overwhelmed and is taking time to get back. This was a concern of ours too so we brought a check with us on move in day for the amenity fees (add tax) made out to HPS and left it locked in the safe at the front desk for Kolie to pick up when she was available. The turn around time was pretty quick - within 2-4 days we were able to access the gym. The laundry room is available to all who need it. I'm Commons, the bike room was and still is still under construction.
Thank you!

Old 11-12-2015, 11:42 AM

218 posts, read 473,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Theres a form you fill out at the front desk. Fill out a check with the corresponding payment amount according to apartment size and give it to concierge. They will place them in an envelope and give it to Kolie. It took more than a week for them to process the check but after they did I got a receipt and was able to access the amenities. But you need keys first...your key fob will have to allow you into the amenities.
Thank you! I guess I will be going to the front desk the day of move in. When you say front desk is it the same area as the concierge?

Old 11-12-2015, 02:20 PM

6 posts, read 8,237 times
Anyone moving to Commons living in the neighborhood and need a tall Home Depot wardrobe box for free. I hate to throw it out. I just used it once for my move. It was around $18 and has the metal bar.

I can meet up in the lobby of Commons to give it to you.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:00 PM

10 posts, read 12,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserHPS View Post
Anyone notice the few washing machines in the front a few weeks ago with kitty litter and a rancid smell in them? Someone washed their clothes apparently with an active UTI after letting their clothes marinate for a week and decided kitty litter in the washer might do the trick. The kicker is they left their clothes in the washer marinating afterwords for at least a day.

I've been terrified to go back to the laundry room ever since.
Yikes! Was this in Commons or Crossing?

In Commons, I've noticed that Prestige sometimes uses the laundry machines for laundering resident items. Kolie later explained Prestige will do this if they ar cleaning resident apartment, etc. However, Prestige was using several machines when I was there and I imagine the extra use on the machines will cause more maintenance issues, and with many machines already down (with resident notes posted on them for weeks now saying they are broken), I wonder if the laundry facilities will in fact be able to keep up with resident use and needs, etc .

Old 11-12-2015, 04:30 PM

4 posts, read 5,847 times
Default How do you set up your resident portal access?

We're moving on in this Saturday, and were never sent a registration code for the resident portal. Who do you contact for a registration code?

Old 11-12-2015, 05:45 PM

357 posts, read 656,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgnewyork View Post
Thank you! I guess I will be going to the front desk the day of move in. When you say front desk is it the same area as the concierge?
Yes same area.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:58 PM

69 posts, read 108,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronIvanAlex View Post
We're moving on in this Saturday, and were never sent a registration code for the resident portal. Who do you contact for a registration code?
Kolie Forest. She's the office manager.

Her email is: Kolie.Forest@related.com

I asked her about the same thing and was told: "Once you have moved in and our system is updated, you will receive an email with your registration code and the link to the resident website."

Old 11-12-2015, 08:00 PM

6 posts, read 8,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserHPS View Post
Lmao after the posts above. I reported it to front desk, so hopefully they took care of it during the week. I think I saw the problem on a Saturday / Sunday
I''m thankful that you are on top of this kitty litter caper! I hope the culprit is not one of my immediate neighbors.

This is too much!

Old 11-12-2015, 11:00 PM

163 posts, read 271,421 times
You don't need a code. You can just use your email and phone number or something, it explains the alternate way on the portal itself. That's how I got in. If they've added you to the system, you can get in yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml1026 View Post
Kolie Forest. She's the office manager.

Her email is: Kolie.Forest@related.com

I asked her about the same thing and was told: "Once you have moved in and our system is updated, you will receive an email with your registration code and the link to the resident website."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery