Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 02:42 PM

163 posts, read 271,288 times

Advertisements

Yeah I asked to move in early and they said I can't because my lease doesn't start until 11/15, but I feel like that's an arbitrary date they picked when it could easily start any date, since it's completed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 05:17 PM

4 posts, read 5,845 times
Our lease doesn't start till mid December and we got offered to move in November 14th. Surprisingly they are giving us a month free.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:21 PM

Wow! That's amazing. And now I know I have a little more basis on which I can negotiate an early move-in for myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronIvanAlex View Post
Our lease doesn't start till mid December and we got offered to move in November 14th. Surprisingly they are giving us a month free.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:41 AM

63 posts, read 110,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Wow! That's amazing. And now I know I have a little more basis on which I can negotiate an early move-in for myself!
They are a little more flexible with middle income folks, but I tried the squeaky wheel approach, in a very light mannered way and they sped up the process for me, though my case was the opposite. My lease started on Sept 15, I came to sign on the 14th under the impression I could move in on the 15th and they said no because they needed to do the finishing touches on the apartment and they were swamped... So I kindly reached out to the move-in coordinator and explained that our initial move in was just a couple of suitcases and two inflatable beds and the stuff from storage could wait, I just really needed to move out of the other place I was at. So the move-in coordinator was super nice, said he would try his best and got us to move in on the 17th.
They really make an effort to be available on your move-in date, show you around, approve the check in list calmly and correct anything that isn't right. My apartment smelled freshly cleaned, so when you opened the door you had this wonderful feeling of a clean space and it was truly clean down to the last spec. I know I would have cleaned it myself just to be in a couple of days earlier, but you cannot beat the experience they offer on move-in day.

Just a little more patience... you are almost HERE!!!

Old 11-02-2015, 06:41 AM

101 posts, read 159,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserHPS View Post
Anyone else's water slightly yellow past day or two?

If you ask to move in early they may allow you if other people aren't also doing the same. Hey, it's extra money for them so why not!
I'm at the 4th floor in Commons, my water is a little yellow too. I was wondering if I was the only one.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:57 AM

63 posts, read 110,580 times
I saw the yellow water yesterday also. Today it seems to have cleared out but I'm skeptical about drinking from the faucet. Anybody here doing more that Britta for filtering tap water?

Old 11-02-2015, 10:30 AM

7 posts, read 8,614 times
does anyone who has a two bedroom at the $2366 price have a water view?

Old 11-02-2015, 11:22 AM

103 posts, read 158,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Anyone else think the elevators in Crossing are so slow?? I don't understand why they only run two elevators instead of running all three (which includes the service elevator) at least during the peak rush hours. I waited 15 minutes just to get upstairs.
It's getting a little ridiculous now - I sent an email to Management last week about it. With all 3 working, it's pretty manageable and I thought for a while it was just because people are moving in. Now that pretty much everyone is in, there's no reason the third elevator should be locked out. At least during "rush hours" in the morning and evening. I did hear one person say that they didn't receive the final Certificate for the freight elevator and had to keep it locked but can't verify that.

In the evenings, the line wrapping around the corner is pretty discouraging. I'd be happy to take the stairs if I was a little lower down, but 20+ flights is a bit of a hike!

Last edited by LICaviator; 11-02-2015 at 11:30 AM..

Old 11-02-2015, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,111 times
water pressure - anyone else have very very low water pressure?

Old 11-02-2015, 04:00 PM

Signed, sealed, delivered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery